PDA

View Full Version : Messed up flex

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Do any of you know how you could flaten out a bent part of flex on the flex 7's? I have a picture below, maby that would help. I dont know how i could flatten it. I dont like it like that and it looks really f'd up. any help would be great

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 12:14 PM
I dont want to buy a new piece.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-28-2003, 12:21 PM
my friend has the same problem with his flex 7... cept its in the front (not the side like yours) any help would be appreciated.

Thordic
05-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Mine is super bent up. I have no idea what would fix it.

Ultimator
05-28-2003, 12:58 PM
I would try heating it up with a hair dryer or something else and stretch it a little bit at a time to get it back to normal. Hehe I bet you wish you bought a BLACK Flex 7 now, don't ya? :)

Jonno06
05-28-2003, 01:05 PM
yea,try heating it up somehow..try taking it and dipping it in boiling water, then bend it back..im not sure..

my old clear one was totally bent to hell, but it was from like 97.

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 01:06 PM
i do have a black flex. But i want this one to work also so it matches our jerseys.

PaInTbAlLeR476
05-28-2003, 01:58 PM
trying taking off the bottem part of it and wrapping it around something and then rubberbanding it on. leave it like that for a while things like those small basketballs work good.

Clare
05-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Cut out a piece of cardboard in that shape, place it behind, bend it to match the flex corners, and hold it in place with enough bobby pins to create the original shape. Then, heat it up with the blowdryer and let it sit for a while in place. I always do that and it works great.

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 02:21 PM
cool. I'll try that. thanks.

adam shannon
05-28-2003, 02:22 PM
bend the bottom up over the front as far as it will go up toward the lense. leave it that way or even rubber band it for a couple days and it should reform to the correct shape. you may even want to take the screws on the corners out. that works when mine gets bent from sitting on something in my bag or backseat.

Torbo
05-28-2003, 02:23 PM
dont heat it up too much, it will get all streched out then

Halliday
05-28-2003, 03:15 PM
1) Hang it upside down off a nail in the wall, with the visor part against the wall.

2) Heat the rubber with a hair dryer.

3) Let it hang for a day or so.

eric
05-28-2003, 03:25 PM
All of these are way to hard.
Just flip it up and over towards the lense. It should be back to normal in like 20 minuites.

adam shannon
05-28-2003, 03:27 PM
yeah what i said.

FutureMagOwner
05-28-2003, 06:04 PM
nice emag :)

anyway maybe try taking that piece off and ironing it really fast?

xen_100
05-28-2003, 06:14 PM
just get over it......a little tiny flaw in a mask is not going to make a bit of difference.

CaptaiN_JacK
05-28-2003, 06:29 PM
xen_100, dont post if you dont have something usefull to say. i know i like to keep my pb stuff in good shape, that way it will stay in good shape for a long time.

try not to bend things back and leave them there a while, do something like what capoeira said. if you leave things bent for a long time, it will jsut get bent out of shape on the other side.

Halliday
05-28-2003, 06:55 PM
I'm telling 'ya, a little bit of heat and gravity will do wonders for the situation.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-28-2003, 07:28 PM
I just sit mine upside down until it forms back to its original shape.

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 07:57 PM
I have taken an iron to it. you can see that in the first picture. I think Capo's idea worked pretty good, so i'll keep it at that.

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 08:00 PM
and xen, go to hell. I like to look good on the field, and i dont like to use crappy stuff. How 'bought i take a power grinder to your gun. It would only be a little cosmetic flaw that wont make a difference.:rolleyes:

xen_100
05-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by puckmaster
and xen, go to hell. I like to look good on the field, and i dont like to use crappy stuff. How 'bought i take a power grinder to your gun. It would only be a little cosmetic flaw that wont make a difference.:rolleyes:

a very slight cosmectic flaw that has nothing to with how something looks is slightly different than taking a powergrinder to something. why dont you grow up!

joeyjoe367
05-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
Cut out a piece of cardboard in that shape, place it behind, bend it to match the flex corners, and hold it in place with enough bobby pins to create the original shape. Then, heat it up with the blowdryer and let it sit for a while in place. I always do that and it works great.

What about us *GUYS* WHo have nothing to do with these "Bobby Pins you speak of :)

;)

IcantBelieveit
05-28-2003, 09:48 PM
i always set mine up side down to prevent is from bending to start with. but you know thats just common sense, and do what capo said that works best, when i first got mine it was bent and thats what i did to straighten it out

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by xen_100

a very slight cosmectic flaw that has nothing to with how something looks is slightly different than taking a powergrinder to something. why dont you grow up!

your saying Cosmetics have nothing to do with looks?
Scratching up the gun makes it perform no different, and having a bent flex has nothing to do performance, but its better to have NICE looking stuff.

Just to show i'm the bigger man, i will just walk away from this with out making any remarks about you. Good day.

dogEmedic
05-29-2003, 08:05 AM
best thing i found to fix that is weedwacker string. Weave it through the mask and let it sit in the sun for a few hours.

I ended up leaving the string in to make the mask a little stiffer, I really did'nt like all the flexi.

anyway I used .080 weedwacker line.

paintballbeaver
05-29-2003, 02:04 PM
i have fixed about 5 of them like that i used a heat gun or a suped up hair dryer basicaly (you can buy them at a local hardware store about 20.00) then just take the mask and slowly warm it key word here slowly warm both sides adn then the front untill is starts to droop back into shape take your time and keep the gun far enoughf away from the mask or you will get shrinkage and burning it will take between 5 -7 min to heat up and about another 5 to bring it back then your done

if you dont feel capable of doing this i will do it for free and all you have to do is pay for shipping

Mossman
05-29-2003, 02:30 PM
Nice Pants.