PDA

View Full Version : Retro valve slow to recharge

Aegis
05-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Funny problem with retro valve - fires OK on first shot, but takes a slow three count to charge again. I can hear air bleeding inside until it is ready to fire - if you fire again too soon, it sounds like a short stroke. I have oiled it well, but can't do a full rebuild until the kit gets here. Any ideas?

xen_100
05-29-2003, 11:31 AM
I would wait until the rebiuld kits get there. it could be alot of things. the reg seat o-ring is always a culprit. It could be a partially stuck reg piston??? (not letting it fully open up?)

on the one shot you get, does it have any reactivity to it? maybe the on/off pin is getting stuck partially closed?

Hoplon
05-29-2003, 01:36 PM
What's the output pressure of your tank?

Aegis
05-29-2003, 01:50 PM
The tank is an Air America Armeggadon, set at 750 PSI. Works fine on other valves. Took it apart down to the last piece and oiled everything, no change. Will try a rebuild kit tomorrow.

Any other ideas?

xen_100
05-29-2003, 02:01 PM
just a thought, make sure you put it back together right. it sucks to get stuck on the easy stuff.

I would just replace all the o-rings and see if it goes away. I suppose if an o-ring got a swollen a little bit you could see what you are seeing.

another thought, what is the single shot chronoing at? maybe it is just not turned up enough? I had a friend that had REALLY bad shoot down and it turned out to be a low chrono/low pressure issue. he turned it up and it was fine.

Aegis
05-29-2003, 02:50 PM
It is shooting at 285 on the first shot, then severe shootdown - like 3-5 seconds before another shot, and that one is low until is stops bleeding air.

Hoplon
05-29-2003, 05:34 PM
I would take the back half of the reg apart and clean it.

Aegis
05-30-2003, 11:58 AM
This is driving me nuts - the retro valve works fine on my son's gun, std mag rail, intelli, using my tank. I am looking at the rail & sear now.

xen_100
05-30-2003, 12:05 PM
I look at your hoses on your gun. maybe a clogged hose or air fitting? if it works fine on your sons gun, then it is definately not the valve.

classicmagplayer
05-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Is the trigger rod hitting the trigger when it is fully released? It could be that the trigger rod is holding the on/off pin up and not allowing good flow. Other than that I can think of no other possibilities, if the valve works in your son's 'gun.

BlackVCG
05-30-2003, 11:29 PM
As stated previously make sure that the trigger rod doesn't push on the back of the trigger when gassed up.

Also, check the on/off pin length. You might need to run a shorter pin in your gun that it's having recharge problems.

The fact that it works fine in your other gun means that it's not a mechanical problem with the valve, but a problem with the on/off pin length, sear assembly or something else that isn't common.