PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Set Up My Pump Mag?

sneakyhacker420
05-28-2003, 06:21 PM
how do i set up my pump kit on my mag?

i have the pump rail, pump rod, pump kit, pump body, and all the other goodies, i just need to know how everything fits together

i know that a couple guys here on AO have pump mags and help from them would be greatly appreciated

ChucktheMAGician
05-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Do you leave the spring on the bolt? It seems like it would still be a semi if you left the spring in. Which I think would be a neat trick. Put the pump, handle, and rail on there and leave it a semi! Just pump it when your at the Chrono like you have to and wail on people when your on the field! :p :D

sneakyhacker420
05-28-2003, 07:58 PM
its leaking down the barrel whenever i pump it :(

cougar20th
05-28-2003, 08:06 PM
i had a leaking problem with mine when uncocked. i ended up putting new seals thoughout the valve. but it was probably a seal in the power tube.

here are some pages with pumpmags
http://pittsburgh-music.com/paintball/pumpmag/
http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/MagPump.html

agd's assembly instructions are in the first few pages of this http://www.airgun.com/Images/rtblowup.pdf

what i found was a cutdown blue bumper would not work on mine. i use a clear rt bumper and that works fine.

cougar20th
05-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
Do you leave the spring on the bolt? It seems like it would still be a semi if you left the spring in.

yes you leave the main spring. the wave spring in the pictures above creates bolt stick. whan you pump you reset the blot

sneakyhacker420
05-28-2003, 08:10 PM
just fixed it, it was a bad PT o-ring!!!!!

IT FREAKIN WORKS NOW!!! ITS SOOO FUN NOW

YEAH B****!

NOW I GET TO SHOW OFF MY NEW TOY AT THE FIELD W00T!!!!!

Twinky4907
06-09-2003, 06:19 PM
i have a pump mag and when i did that my gun still goes semi on me

Basketballer16
06-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Does anyone on here install these for people. Because next summer my team went all cockers so i am going to buy one. And i want to turn my mag into a pump. But i want it done right. Is there anyone on here that can do that for me?

Twinky4907
06-09-2003, 09:17 PM
i can install the kits but for some reason i haev been have problems. But this is my second one.

Strider
06-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Installation really is easy. The hardest part I had was cutting the blue bumper. :)

That and making my own pump rod. Question for those out there, has anyone played with their pumprod lenth? I tried 5.5" and then made one at 6.5", and liked it better. Very short crisp pump action...

I love that pump!

Strider
06-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by paintballbeaver
i think taw is incorrect i've set up about 5 of these babys and i have never read any where or experienced any reason to put a bumper back in....... lmk about your experiance
Check this link out:
http://www.airgun.com/Images/rtblowup.pdf

Specifically number 4 and 5. The bumper keeps the spring centered on the bolt. While I've not tried it without, I imagine there is room for imature parts wear and complicatiosn...

cphilip
06-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Strider
Installation really is easy. The hardest part I had was cutting the blue bumper. :)

NO hardest part is finding a pump kit and getting a rod. I think BradAGD makes these by the way.

Strider
06-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by cphilip NO hardest part is finding a pump kit and getting a rod. I think BradAGD makes these by the way. WEll, yeh. :) Though the kit and rail itself are easy - they're for sale in the Atic.

I finaly broke down and went and found some rod that was close to spec, and made my own rod. Works great! I have a rod comming in from magmonkey, after witch I'll see how close I came to spec. :)

The bodies are the hard one to find. However, I had one of my friends who are in coledge for machining to cut into a body. The results I will find out this week. :)

Twinky4907
06-10-2003, 11:31 AM
can somebody help with my problem i did all that and i dont have to pump it for some reason it still stays semi any sloutions?

Muzikman
06-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Twinky, What you need is a shorter mainspring. I was having the same problem and I took a stock bolt and cut one wind off it and all is peachy. Just remember to put the cut end towards the back of the bolt.

EDIT: And yes, the centering bumper is needed. The original pumpkits came with a small black bumber that fit inside the wave spring. If you do not do this there is the chance that the wave spring will not be centered and it will then go semi-auto on you too.

cougar20th
06-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Twinky4907
can somebody help with my problem i did all that and i dont have to pump it for some reason it still stays semi any sloutions?

i had this problem. what was strange was it was working fine then all of a sudden started going semi til i changed the bumper. i went to the local shop and got all sorts of bumpers. tryed them all. the rt(clear) bumper worked for me. slightly harder pull but nothing to complain about.

Twinky4907
06-10-2003, 12:40 PM
ok so here is some possiablity's that could be wrong wave spring not centered correctly, mainspring to long. any thing else

Strider
06-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Do you have the proper Power tube spacer? I can't remember what size spacer you need right now...

Twinky4907
06-10-2003, 03:14 PM
yea i got the .215 power spacer in it. still dont work, not even as a semi

Twinky4907
06-10-2003, 04:12 PM
yeah they are realtively new. but im sending it to bard from agd and he sadi he could fit it up and put hardline on it. so i am just goign to send it to him to fix up.

Muzikman
06-10-2003, 05:36 PM
It wouldn't be the PT spacer, bolt or sear since those parts are actually working, and well, actually working too well. If the gun is going into semi, that means the bolt is traveling to far back and the sear is catching it. This is the reason too powerful of a bolt spring and/or too weak/un aligned wave spring would cause this. The smaller PT spacer is just so that then the wave spring does cause bolt stick, the gun doesn't leak down the barrel.

Before I was able to figure out why it kept going semi, I put two wave springs behind the bolt. This worked well, but took that reallt light pump stroke and make it really hard.