PDA

View Full Version : Just got a MiniCocker... Now What? hehe

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 04:55 PM
OK, I just picked my MiniCocker up from the PO. Anything I should cheac/do/keep in mind before I gas it up? I know to cock it an all first. Anything else?

bigbang34
05-29-2003, 05:03 PM
cock it and make sure ur bolt is in right(wiuth the hole down) and jsut make sue that all the hoses are connected on the front block and ready to go any more questrions fell free to aim me at Evilman107 thanx

RusskiX
05-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Put a couple of drops of lube in the ASA before attaching you tank. Pull back cocking rod and air it up.

Have fun!

WARPED1
05-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Sell it, buy a mag.

paintball_junkie
05-29-2003, 05:49 PM
If this is your first autococker you might wont to visit www.endlesspb.com and www.air-powered.com

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Sell it, buy a mag.

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 06:13 PM
The Cocker

Just emptied a 48/3k. And al i can say is Damn! I love it. I think I might have to sell the Micro. But then I won't have a backup, so I guess I have to keep it, hehe.

The beaver tail was bent to hell, so I took it off. Scared the sxit outta me when the back block went flying back tho, lol.

FutureMagOwner
05-29-2003, 06:15 PM
the beaver tail isnt there to keep it from hitting you in the face i would put it on if it doesnt interfer with the accual processes

MarkM
05-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Plus you need a beaver tail fitted for the 'cocker to be tourny legal. before the posts start saying you can't thumb the cocking rod as it all moves too fast...that isn't the point it is for the ONE ballistic shot you can achieve without the beaver tail fitted ;)

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 07:28 PM
I'm getting a new beavertail soon, so I'm not worried about that.

sneakyhacker420
05-29-2003, 08:57 PM
this site will help you understand almost everything about the autococker... including how to time it to perfection :D

^
it worked for me :cool:

http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/AutocockerInfosheet/Autococker_Infosheet.html (http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/AutocockerInfosheet/Autococker_Infosheet.html)

pbcustom98
05-29-2003, 09:01 PM
You like the warp eh?
Enjoy it! :)

Daniel

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 09:26 PM
Havn't tried the warp yet(out of batteries :(). But It looks great. Thanks man!

pbcustom98
05-29-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by WickeDKlowN
Havn't tried the warp yet(out of batteries :(). But It looks great. Thanks man!

no prob! no prob!

Daniel

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 09:33 PM
I have only had one prob so far... The in-line reg won't come off. It isnt like threaded into the front block or something is it? I tried pliers, but just like the cap on the bottom came off.

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Looks like this when it comes off. Can't get the top piece orf the reg to come off so i can put a new reg on. I'd put some effort into it, but I'm afraid to break it, hehe. I'm known for doing that :D.

ChucktheMAGician
05-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Ask the previous owner if they loc-tited it in there.:)

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 10:01 PM
I just e-mail'd him about it. Still waiting for a reply.

I may have to break out the tourch and see if that will help :)

AzrealDarkmoonZ
05-29-2003, 10:32 PM
That owuld be the bottom hald of the inline regulator, sounds like they really torqued in the stock inline. Get a strap wrench and that should be able to take it off no problem, may have to take the gripframe off though. The stock reg is a decent little reg and awesome for backup tippmanns, spyders, piranhas ect =)

And when you feel the want, mosey on over and say hi at www.air-powered.com

Az,Air-Powered

WickeDKlowN
05-29-2003, 11:31 PM
OK, my dad was looking at the gun, and started turning the knob on the LPR(Tickler?). Well, now its all the way to the right. So whats the best way to set it to where it should be?

cockermatt
05-30-2003, 12:15 AM
You want to lower the LPR all the way down. Then slowly aturn up the LPR while you are pulling the trigger at the same time. Keep turning it up ultil it cocks everytime. Then turn it about 1/8 of a turn to insure it will not bump loose. then you should be good to go.

WickeDKlowN
05-30-2003, 12:20 AM
This may sound retarded, but which way is which? Like right is up(like mags)? or is it reverse(left is up)?

Thanks

sps16
05-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Sell it, buy a mag.
thats great

ChucktheMAGician
05-30-2003, 06:47 AM
Just like cockermatt said but I would use out and in to describe postions. Start w/ it all of the way out(no pressure) and work your way in(getting higher). Side note: to much pressure can damage 3way o-rings. Make sure you slap your dad's hand and tell him not to play w/ your toys anymore!:rolleyes: :D

Jonno06
05-30-2003, 10:37 AM
right is up, left is down.

i liked my cocker when i had it, although i never even shot 1 ball through it because it was screwed to hell

ide sell the cocker and get some goodies for the mag:)(like batteries)

cockermatt
05-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
Just like cockermatt said but I would use out and in to describe postions. Start w/ it all of the way out(no pressure) and work your way in(getting higher). Side note: to much pressure can damage 3way o-rings. Make sure you slap your dad's hand and tell him not to play w/ your toys anymore!:rolleyes: :D

Maybe some insane pressure would damage orings. I have worked on many cockers, I have NEVER seen that happen. I have had a few with spiking regs and the pressure would go to 100 psi and still nothing would happen to the orings inside the 3 way.

Depending on the reg you have, it could be either way for pressure. If it is a stock LPR then in is less pressure and out is more. On after market regs, in is more and out is less.

WickeDKlowN
05-30-2003, 08:07 PM
It's a Tickler I believe.

I got the inline out. Just took a pair of channel locks.

Archangel Kid
05-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by cockermatt

Maybe some insane pressure would damage orings. I have worked on many cockers, I have NEVER seen that happen. I have had a few with spiking regs and the pressure would go to 100 psi and still nothing would happen to the orings inside the 3 way.

Spiking regs that would raise the pressure to 100... ummm.. my friend that isn't a spike... stock cocker internals work at like 500-600psi... i had my cocker down to 170-200... 200 was on crappy rainy days tho...

Frank (the spank)
05-30-2003, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't go around telling everyone you have a "mini cocker"...

:)

ChucktheMAGician
05-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Archangel Kid
Spiking regs that would raise the pressure to 100... ummm.. my friend that isn't a spike... stock cocker internals work at like 500-600psi... i had my cocker down to 170-200... 200 was on crappy rainy days tho...
Cockermatt's talking about the LPR, the one on the front block, not the main reg. I think cockers come running stock at closer to 450 too.

Archangel Kid
05-30-2003, 10:14 PM
ohh :p thanks :)

cockermatt
05-31-2003, 12:17 AM

Umm...My friend I know what i'm talking about. When I look at a LPR guage and watch it jump form 35 to 100 in less then one second that is what I like to call spiking.

Stock cockers from factory run at anywhere from 350-400 psi. And LP is hype.

Archangel Kid
05-31-2003, 10:05 AM
hmm... LP isn't hype... but i thought u were talking about the psi going into the gun not the LPR pressure..

GatoLoco
05-31-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by WickeDKlowN
I have only had one prob so far... The in-line reg won't come off. It isnt like threaded into the front block or something is it? I tried pliers, but just like the cap on the bottom came off.

Same thing happened to me. Take a VERY long wrench, and a good piece of rubber. Put the rubber on the top half of the reg. Clamp down on the rubber with the VERY long wrench. Use all of your might, it'll come off.

askman
05-31-2003, 11:40 PM
actually, cockers can run very well low pressure. just need right internals. even a minicockers do well. here is a mini that I just finished putting together. It was trashed out body, but I had it powdercoated. has freeflow valving. early body redone to vertical feed.

http://www.geocities.com/askman01/mini.JPG

it runs at 225psi fine. (low pressure stab)

Now, don't tell me to sell it and get a mag. I have several of them as well.

http://www.geocities.com/askman01/mag.JPG

I just finished getting the zbody to work with level X bolt. It was pain, because valve was not lining up with the body well. The bolt was sticking until I adjusted. It works fine now though.

cockermatt
06-02-2003, 08:46 AM
hmm... LP isn't hype...

What do you get out of going LP? Why is it so much better?

Archangel Kid
06-02-2003, 09:27 AM
hmmm... makes the bolt A LOT softer on the balls... when u have low pressre... and an adjustable LPR... you can make the bolt very easy on that paintballs meaning the bolt will just bounce off the balls instead of chopping them.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
06-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Wait a second here...

Lets get two things straight, there is a difference between cycling pressure and operating pressure.

Operating being what determines velocity, at least in a cocker.

and Cycling which has no bearing on velocity, that simply determines the force applied to cocker the marker.

I could concievably run 800 psi into the marker and have my operating pressure set at 60 psi.

In all my experience with cockers, thats quite a few, I have found that the pressure generally does not matter when it comes to chopping paint. (Of course I am sure there is a realm in which it does, but I would suggest it would be very difficult to get the cocker to operate at that pressure)

The Cocker has ALWAYS had an adjustable LPR, even the horrible rock like clones in the early days.

Just unscrew the fitting from the reg, and there is a nice little screw that you can turn.

Az, www.air-powered.com

cockermatt
06-04-2003, 12:43 AM
hmmm... makes the bolt A LOT softer on the balls... when u have low pressre... and an adjustable LPR... you can make the bolt very easy on that paintballs meaning the bolt will just bounce off the balls instead of chopping them.

When you have LP and an adjustable ball...Hmm

Or when you have an adjustable LPR...thats all that really matters. The bolt will not "bounce" off balls. It will either stop or chop the ball. There is no back pressure that will make it bounce off the ball. you don't have to try to "teach" me about cockers...Belive me, I know about them.