PDA

View Full Version : replacing foamie?

ZAust
05-29-2003, 07:00 PM
yo.

the foamie on my lx bolt ripped off. how should i go about attaching the replacement foamie? i was thinking some superglue or something.

Kevmaster
05-29-2003, 07:10 PM
dont bother. the replacement will blow off and its 100% marketing. Just talked to Tom on the phone today in fact about it

ZAust
05-29-2003, 07:12 PM
so the foamie is basically worthless?

Tunaman
05-29-2003, 07:18 PM
The foamie will stop the balls from rolling back into the concave face of the bolt, ruining(possibly) your ball stack. Remove the old glue, scratch the surface of the bolt with a file so the glue has something to grab. Use 2 part epoxy. Brush the epoxy on the sides of the foamy(very thin coat) and on the bottom. Install foamy and let stand upright overnight. It will never come off again.;)

sneakyhacker420
05-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
The foamie will stop the balls from rolling back into the concave face of the bolt, ruining(possibly) your ball stack. Remove the old glue, scratch the surface of the bolt with a file so the glue has something to grab. Use 2 part epoxy. Brush the epoxy on the sides of the foamy(very thin coat) and on the bottom. Install foamy and let stand upright overnight. It will never come off again.;)

yup, listen to tunaman... it worked for me :D

rehme
05-29-2003, 10:38 PM
also you might want to put some rubbing alcohl and finger nail paint remover and that will take the old glue off

Kevmaster
05-29-2003, 10:58 PM
tuna, ive run my lx now for 10 cases without one....

and have tried, epoxy, super glue, JB WELD! nothing could get her to stick...yes i clean it with a razor each time

puckmaster
05-29-2003, 11:06 PM
i ran mine for a while with out it too, and noticed no difference in performance. i have one on now, just because i want to be safe, and not sorry.

ZAust
05-29-2003, 11:31 PM
yeah... my thinking is that with lx it wont really matter.

mrkbik
05-29-2003, 11:35 PM
Why don't they just make a foamieless lvl 10 bolt?

TequilaMockingbird
05-29-2003, 11:49 PM
I've wondered that.... the original Superbolt on my E-Mag was foamie-less, so why not the LX? I've blown that sucker out 3 times and nothing holds, so I just said screw it. The only time I've had it matter is when I flip the gun to empty a ball, it tends to roll too far back and I have to dig it out. From my experience, though once functional, the foamie has been rendered pointless and annoying.