PDA

View Full Version : Various stupid questions

AutomagBoy
05-30-2003, 10:28 AM
1. What part on a nitro tank is a thread protector for?

2. Whats an ASA adapter for?

3. If i got a ANS thread protector with a little clip thing http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/039-4393.html would there be a place on the flatline to clip it to?

4. Does the flatline come with dovetail mount?

edit/add 5.stupid little question that will make a $2 differance does the rtpro require a 7/8" elbow or 1"

Thank you for reading these questions and hopefully responding.

xadamx
05-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by AutomagBoy

3. If i got a ANS thread protector with a little clip thing http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/039-4393.html would there be a place on the flatline to clip it to?

Thanck you for reading these questions and hopefully responding.

1. the threads that screw into the gun
2. asa(air source adapter) gives you a way to screw your tank into the gun
3.i dont know if there is a place on the flatline, just clip it to your air hose
4.no, you have to buy one

Jonno06
05-30-2003, 10:40 AM
i thought the newer flatlines did come with the dovetail mounts?

and #5...hm...with my old mini retro, i used a 7/8...and i dont think they have different feed tubes on mags..

anyone else use a 7/8?

jayloo
05-30-2003, 10:50 AM
I beleive the 68/4500 comes with a dovetail mount but the 68/3000 comes with a drop.

Army
05-30-2003, 11:50 AM
A thread protector/cap is for the threaded portion of the tank(regulator actually) that would screw into the ASA. You don't use it unless the tank is OFF the marker, then you screw it on to protect the bare threads. Kind of like a bottle cap. However, if you are geting a Flatline, you won't need one.

The ASA (Air Source Adapter) is where the tank mounts/screws onto a marker. However, if you are getting a Flatline, you won't need one.

That link to Action Village shows a FILL NIPPLE protector, not a thread cap. This is a fairly essential piece that will keep dirt, water, twigs, rodents out of the neck of the nipple. Should dirt be in there when you fill the tank, it will be blown into the tank itself...not a good thing as dirt will erode the regulator internal really fast and furious.

Get the 68/4500 Flatline, you will be much happier with it, and yes, it comes with a dove tail mount.

Elbows are pretty much standardized nowadays, get one that looks pretty!

xadamx
05-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Army
This is a fairly essential piece that will keep dirt, water, twigs, rodents out of the neck of the nipple.
LOL army

JEDI
05-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by AutomagBoy

edit/add 5.stupid little question that will make a $2 differance does the rtpro require a 7/8" elbow or 1"

Thank you for reading these questions and hopefully responding.
Let me take a crack at this in a fairly clear manner.

1. On a preset screw in tank, the thread protector screws onto the top of the bottle. (the screw in part)

2. ASA = air source adapter. Sometimes its the verticle part (like a mini mag) sometimes its horizontal under the grip frame.

3. That picture shows a fill nipple protector. You want one of those in addition to a thread protector. The little round clip would go onto your burst disk (small metal nub with wrench head, all tanks have 'em) and the bigger part sits onto your fill nipple. It keeps dirt out.

4. Yes, the 4500psi Flatline comes with a Dove tail mount. It will easily slide onto most average drop forwards.

5. Sorry, I dont know. I bought several elbows for my RTpro, and never gave it a thought. I'd say dont internet order it. Just go to a shop an pick one up.