PDA

View Full Version : Mag's in the Pro Circuit?!

Boombots
05-30-2003, 06:19 PM
OK,

First post... here we go,

I'm am and always have been a big Mag fan. I'm currently running a modified Mini-Mag, (soon hopefully to get my grubby hands on an E-Mag) anyway, how come I don't see many Mags on the Pro circuit, or tourny's in general. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I just don't get it, they (in my opinion) are far superiour than any other gun out there. I would take a Mag anyday over ANY other gun.

THanks for the input in advance,
Nick

Ov3rmind
05-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Because AGD doesn't sponsor any real big teams, and that's what dictates what teams will shoot.

There are some AGD teams making names for themselves in lower tourney levels though. Keep you eyes peeled for AGD Pride, AGD Lions, and AGD Kids. A little known fact is also that Manny Francia from Aftershock also has a love for Mags.

Boombots
05-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Cool, thanks.

Nice signature!

Hey AGD, sponsor me... "If you sponsor, they will come!"

TheAmazingJelloMag
05-31-2003, 10:10 AM
They play in some big name tourneys too. The Kids won skyball twice in the amature division.

Nexev
05-31-2003, 10:14 AM
search button, this thread comes up every week.

AlabamaMan
05-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
A little known fact is also that Manny Francia from Aftershock also has a love for Mags.

I believe Manny is now playing for Team Maxim, but i could be wrong.

-=Squid=-
05-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Nexev

How would you know...you havent even been here for a month :rolleyes:

DiRTyBuNNy
05-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Yes, Manny is playing for Team Maxim, Powered by Shocktech (yes, that is the full name of the team). Jay from Brimstone Smoke rocks an X-Mag (Manny shoots an SFL and ULE eMag).

Hexis
05-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

How would you know...you havent even been here for a month :rolleyes:

He learns quickly, what's wrong with that?

-=Squid=-
05-31-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Hexis

He learns quickly, what's wrong with that?

Every week its posted eh? Mabe its just a cooincedence that the 2 weeks he has been here some1 posted it?

Clare
05-31-2003, 05:33 PM
Yes, Manny is playing for Team Maxim, Powered by Shocktech

last I heard he had left Maxim and was going to be playing for Image..

Ov3rmind
05-31-2003, 05:35 PM
Crap, I need to keep up with the tourney scene better.

Automaggin2
05-31-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

last I heard he had left Maxim and was going to be playing for Image..

Image is back?

walker2287
06-01-2003, 10:11 AM
isnt image using timmys tho, would that mean that manny cant use his mag any more, also there is a limit on how many pro players can be on an amature team isnt it i thought image had a few already????

AGD
06-01-2003, 10:42 AM
Manny is playing for Image WITH his mag. They don't have a gun sponsor right now.

Remember, Image blew up last time over the Matrix, how quick we forget....

AGD

Toxic Dave
06-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Remember, Image blew up last time over the Matrix, how quick we forget....

Tom,

Image broke up over many, many issues, leadership and sponsor pressure issues mostly, the matrix was the least of their problems. Rob, Opie and Turtle went on to join Trauma, and they've done quite well using Matrix's exclusively, as have the Ironmen and New York Xtreme(gz).

Dave/ gen-e

magman007
06-01-2003, 05:55 PM
wow, dave, im sorry, but i had never known you are with gen e! great to haver you here, and welcome to AO if you hadnt been officially welcomed! Nice to see more industry people around here!

Lopy-slopy
06-01-2003, 11:48 PM
In response to the first question. Lost of people think that closed bolt guns are better so they go with cocker and other closed bolt guns. And lost of people like the feel of guns that are fully electro, not just an electricly operated mech gun, like the E-mag and the X-mag.

BlackVCG
06-02-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Manny is playing for Image WITH his mag. They don't have a gun sponsor right now.

*And the door of opportunity opens wide for AGD*

DiRTyBuNNy
06-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Well...stuff happens fast..he goes from Aftershock at Pomona to Maxim at Vegas to Image for Chicago...jeez..he's the next Marcus Nielsen....Manny Francia...paintball nomad..

Marek
06-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Nexev

If you going to post something like this, at least post the links to the threads. :rolleyes:

If no one has said it up til now, Welcome to AO Boombots.

AlabamaMan
06-02-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG

*And the door of opportunity opens wide for AGD*

Exactly

gaff
06-02-2003, 07:08 AM
guys

read the posts of AGD STORM UK in Amsterdam Millenium, we all use x-mags and ripped our opponents some new a rses there was lots of interest in the fire power we have over all other teams, Ryan Greenspan from Dynasty and whats his name Alders from Team Strange (who guested for the Ducklings) both came over to us and said that no one could match our fire power on the break.

i think there may be some extra orders of x-mags this week!!!!

many thanks to AGD your equipment and support has been great, and special thanks to John and Jackie Sosta :D :D

Smoke
06-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
Because AGD doesn't sponsor any real big teams, and that's what dictates what teams will shoot.

There are some AGD teams making names for themselves in lower tourney levels though. Keep you eyes peeled for AGD Pride, AGD Lions, and AGD Kids. A little known fact is also that Manny Francia from Aftershock also has a love for Mags.

Don't forget AGD-X!!!