PDA

View Full Version : Is " Fight Club" still around

TecnoRobo
05-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Just an hour or so ago i was going through some of the classic posts in the historic forum.

I came across Fight club, and was wondering if it still existed? Also for those of you who were in "Fight Club", could you enlighten me on what went down there?

Mods if this needs to be moved somewhere else, take it where you want it.

Until then.

Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem! Project Mayhem!

shartley
05-30-2003, 09:45 PM
No, it is long gone. Server changes, lost posts, different direction, loss of members, etc. Lots of reasons it is gone…. I miss it.

Oh…. And what went down… it was sort of like the Deep Blue is now, but on steroids… and not open to public posting. It was a place to toss around different ideas and opinions, facts and figures, and to mix it up about paintball, paintball equipment, etc.

WickeDKlowN
05-30-2003, 09:51 PM
I believe it was similar to what Deep Blue is now. I may be wrong tho.

shartley
05-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by WickeDKlowN
I believe it was similar to what Deep Blue is now. I may be wrong tho.
Look one post up. :D ;)

Miscue
05-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Deep Blue = rename for Fight Club.

GT
05-30-2003, 10:32 PM
what is the first rule of Fight Club?

jb

PsychoBaller
05-31-2003, 04:03 AM
Rule #1 SIR...... We do not talk about Fight Club !!

(it was a goofy one, but its my 1000th Post YAHHOOO)

shartley
05-31-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
Deep Blue = rename for Fight Club.
Yes, but with the rename came new things, open membership, different atmosphere, etc. I would say it replaced Fight Club more than was just a new name for it. If you remember, quite a few of the members of Fight Club don’t post in Deep Blue and in fact don’t even post on AO much (if at all) any more. And if all it was, was a rename, where are all the old FC posts? ;)

My point is that Deep Blue is a replacement for Fight Club, not just a rename. AO didn’t just change the name of the Forum Category and that was it. Deep Blue is a different animal than Fight Club was no matter how much some people would like to think they are the same. They are not.

Does this mean Deep Blue is bad? Nope. But I would argue that it is not simply Fight Club renamed.

TecnoRobo
05-31-2003, 10:20 AM
Cool, i wish i would've been around. Not that i would belong to fight club. Just i think it would be cool to see alot of "intelligent posts" get on the paintball forum

Not that the casual "what barrel should i buy for my mag?"
Post is not intelligent but...

you catch my drift? :p