PDA

View Full Version : Somedays having an X-Mag doesn't seem fair (XMAG game report)

Cyberious
05-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Just got done playing evening games and thought I'd let you know how the X-Hatchet did.

Played 3 - 8-10 minute games.
Never shot out. (nobody would come near the XMag while it was ripping).

Shot 3000 paintballs (yes 3000), 0 breaks (how's that for torture testing)

Lots of questions about how I got one, how do I like it, how much did it cost, are they in full production yet, etc...

Forget X-Marks the spot as the X-Mags tag-line it should be:

X-Mag...There is no substitute.

Mav D MagMan
05-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Excellent! Glad you sound like you had a great time.

Two questions though:

1. How many elims?
2. Did you pull any great moves?

Lol, I know you shot a lot of paint and looked cool but where's the *playing* ;)

Mav

Major Ho
05-31-2003, 12:11 AM
"Played 3 - 8-10 minute games.
Never shot out. (nobody would come near the XMag while it was ripping).

Shot 3000 paintballs (yes 3000), 0 breaks (how's that for torture testing)"

Jeebus...~1000 rounds per game or `1000 rounds every 8-10 minutes? 100-125 a minute. Not saying an Xmag isnt capable of that but you musta been DUMPING paint on them :D Shoot, I know i wouldnt want to be running into those ropes.

yeahthatsme
05-31-2003, 12:55 AM
thats only shooting 2 bps for 8-10 minutes....not THAT hard, and long strings or 13-14 more then make up for idle moments :D

if i was him i'd go through alot of paint with an xmag 2!

PsychoBaller
05-31-2003, 03:57 AM
Word... I get the same thing with my SFL Emag sometimes.... Now thats its working at 100% of its ability, its rediculous... I'm almost even scared of using it on the field.... afraid I'm gonna lightsaber someones head off..... Muuhahahaha......

~da baller

Cyberious
05-31-2003, 08:20 AM
>1. How many elims?
Mind you I was mostly playing back so I didn't move around alot but.

3 elims the first game
4 elims the second
4 elims the third

>2. Did you pull any great moves?

A couple of them.
In the second game it was down to me and another guy against 4. I charged from the back prop and hit their back player in the back right. Made a quick snapshot to the left and took out one of their front guys (in the mean time the other guy on my side who wasn't moving took out their tape guy) then I charged the third guy who was at a stand up in the middle. I saw he was reloading and fired (I only had 6 paintballs left) I shot his Eggo off of his impulse. That was really cool to see.

In the third game I moved up the right side hosing paint and allowed my front guy to get the final two eliminations because I had the two guys shaing a prop pinned down.

I don't make alot of super moves because I try to provide cover and communications for everyone else.

>Shoot, I know i wouldnt want to be running into those ropes.

Yeah neither would I

I threw alot of paint to give the X a workout, plus I only had a little while to come out and play...the wife wouldn't let me stay past 8:30 :-)
I don't over shoot anybody. I mainly fire at props just to rattle everyone else. When I do see a clean shot I'll usually fire 1 or 2 at them. Besides its rec ball. Now tourney ball I REALLY throw some paint.

cphilip
05-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Well give yourself some credit. You had your A game that day. Confidence boosted by the power of the X! :)

rdb123
05-31-2003, 10:28 AM
Guys trust me on this one, Cyberious rains down paint like no other in rec games--my SFL and I were on the receiving end of a few of those sticks of paint a few times. ;)

I could've sworn he dumped 7 pods at me one game.

afraid I'm gonna lightsaber someones head off.....
-PsychoBaller

Lol that's great! I've been banned from playing the noobs with my SFL at my local field too haha.

Mav D MagMan
05-31-2003, 01:19 PM
Very Cool Cyberious! Props to the back player! :)

Mav

Cyberious
05-31-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the Props cphilip, RDB123 and Rav DMagMan.

Actually rdb123 you're correct it is 7 pods. I usually do go on the field with 7 full pods and come off with 7 empty ones. That's only because I don't have 8. :-) I blame the X-Mag for that though. It causes a form of possession that even Father Karras from the Exorcist couldn't get rid of.

I do have to admit a sick sense of pleasure when I shot that guys Evo off though. Yeah I know it was probably loose but to see it fly off after being hit was just cool to watch since I could tell he didn't know what to do afterwards.

rikkter
05-31-2003, 04:20 PM
i had a mental image of the guy about to tip his pod to load it, but then it just went flying off, and all the paint just poured to the ground, and hes struck dumb. woo :D

Johnny_Reb
05-31-2003, 05:26 PM
For winning games "there is no power greater than X.":)

Cyberious
05-31-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by rikkter
i had a mental image of the guy about to tip his pod to load it, but then it just went flying off, and all the paint just poured to the ground, and hes struck dumb. woo :D

That's pretty much it.

rdb123
05-31-2003, 09:26 PM
LOL that's so mean.

Cyberious
06-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
LOL that's so mean.

Nah, but it was fun watching the paint fall into an hopper that wasn't there.