PDA

View Full Version : easy bore size identification?

TippmannMan
05-30-2003, 11:14 PM
i recently came upon the ownership of an 18" dye ultralite autococker threaded barrel (thanks to docs adapter that should be coming in next week :D) from a friend. however neither i nor he know what bore size the barrel is. i understand dye ultralites come standard as 0.688 caliber and it mostly likely is the standard size but i also understand dye also makes a variety of different sizes for the ultralite as mentioned on their site. is there any way to easily identify the bore size based on the label on the container? the label is still intact with the only possible relevant information being the number: 20015018. thanks in advance for help.

Ghengis
05-31-2003, 02:04 AM
this is just my guess... but from what I've seen with my own ultralite and SS back... standard bore is .688 if you do not see any sign of it engraved anywhere. Usually if you have specific bore size... it will be engraved near the screw in threads. At least mine is.

Kevmaster
05-31-2003, 10:17 AM
yeh, most companies if a bore isnt std they will engrave it on the back by the threads

you cna alwasys find someone with a calipers and have them measuer the bore too

bunkermaster10
05-31-2003, 10:41 AM
Why do you have a 18 inch barrel, really?

FreakBaller12
05-31-2003, 10:44 AM
b/c they go 6 inche's further than a good sized 12 inch:D :D

bunkermaster10
05-31-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeah I have been looking for a special sniper 30 inch barrel so I can become a PRO back player! I will get so much more range. J/P :D

TippmannMan
05-31-2003, 11:41 AM
thanks fellas thats a good tip i bet it is standard. i have an 18" because i "came upon the ownership of it" which means free and also it looks cool on a small gun like a mag. usually my mag looks like a big shield cause the distance from hopper to tank and valve to barrel was the same. but yea basically all i can say is it just looks cool and im willing to sacrifice that for perhaps a little inefficiency.

Ghengis
05-31-2003, 01:17 PM
and if you don't like someone, you can always swing it at them!!

Actually I fine them pretty useful when I had an 18" before. In any Bushy field games or thick forest type of field... you can hide and use the barrel to push away the bushes before you shoot... rather then shooting at the branches you're hiding behind from.

BajaBoy
05-31-2003, 01:22 PM
you can always cut her down too:)

RT pRo AuToMaG
05-31-2003, 01:38 PM
take a paintball and put it in the barrel, if you know the size of the paint, and it fits, then you know the size of the barrel. :)

on side note, don't be dissin him for an 18inch barrel, that's total pimpness, and it looks hella cool too! Someone has one over here on their freeflow cocker, its nice.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
05-31-2003, 02:22 PM
Longer barrels are also good if your playing sup-air, because u can get tighter into the bunker