PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement on the ULE Trigger

AGD
05-31-2003, 12:26 AM
AO,

As you know there has been much anticipation for the new ULE Trigger. In the past I have stated that I thought the mod would retrofit into all existing guns.

I was wrong.

Right now the mod will not retrofit into any valve that has a single oring in the bottom of the on/off assembly. These are usually found in stainless valve RTpros and may be in some other retro valved guns. It will also go into but not work well in standard valves. They suffer horrible shoot down and because there is no extra force pushing the trigger back, they hang up when the sear locks the bolt. Because of this we will not be selling or recomending them for standard valves.

The bottom line is that they WILL work in aluminum ULE valves, all X-valves and all Emags with stainless and aluminum valves. They can retrofit into standard valves but you are waisting your time and we will not take tech calls about them.

To identify your valve, take out the on/off parts and look down in the hole. If you see two orings down there one inside the other you can get the mod.

We are still testing Emags so they are not officially on the list yet for other reasons. Sorry about this but this time our technology leap was just too far to bring the old stuff with.

AGD

Cryer
05-31-2003, 12:41 AM
Glad I bought an X last month!
Thanks for the update, TK!

FooTemps
05-31-2003, 12:50 AM
NOOOOOOOOO! So there's no light for us classic valvers!? :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't want to go retro!!! I can't afford it!!! :mad: flame flame flame!

(wow, this was a big let down for us poorer players imo... oh well, at least it works. I can deal with a heavy trigger until I move out of the house.)

hmm... maybe you should make a massive upgrade setup which includes, a retro/x/whatever valve w/ lvl 10 and light trigger... even though I wouldn't be able to afford it...

is there a cheap alternative to make it work? maybe stuffing an extra o-ring on the on/off pin! lol, hahaha... that was so lame :D

Bad_Knees
05-31-2003, 01:13 AM
Tom,

Are there any plans of making kits to retrofit the older SS Retro valves to accept the ULE trigger?

FooTemps
05-31-2003, 01:20 AM
um... are there any plans to make it retrofit CLASSIC VALVES? (yes, I am being overly demanding about this)... If there aren't... are there any monthly financing plans for xvalves with these kits for all the poor teenage paintball players who need to upgrade their valves first?

afrankart
05-31-2003, 01:24 AM
Thank god I just got my x-valve! Nothing is going to stop me from getting this now...

PsychoBaller
05-31-2003, 03:53 AM
Calm Down all of you, not the end of the world..... TK and the rest of AGD work their minds tirelessly trying to find new and cool stuff for us, to make Mags rock even more.

My SFL Rocks in all three modes, and last I heard, all other Mags rocked too regardless..... OK a 2/3 lighter Mech. Trigger would still be awesome.... but we can't have everything, and all wrapped into one now can we.

Stop Crying, Buy some stuff anyways... take out loans on ur souls or something...

AGD for life
~Da PsychoBALLER

StygShore
05-31-2003, 06:54 AM
so the valve pictures in your exploded view on the website will not work?

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=142&CATID=6

sniper1rfa
05-31-2003, 06:59 AM
thats it, im building a retro-reg inline....
;)

nuclear zombie
05-31-2003, 07:02 AM
I can understand that the SLMT will not work good on classic , considering the classic does not kick the trigger back. If you can't afford the x-valve then how do you plan on affording throwing a wall of paint, if the slmt had worked for the classic?

Now the the real question , will the SLMT mod become standard equipment on all new x-valves , and x-mags ?

Dragoon
05-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by RogueFactor

I am confused....

1) 2nd paragraph says it will work on all Emags with stainless and aluminum valves. But in the 4th paragraph it says that Emags are still in testing

2) I was under the impression that Emags/Xmags(though I have never owned an XMag) were using the quad o-ring? Is this the *single* o-ring that Tom is referring to?

I think that what he is saying is that it will work in the valves marked lazer engraved with "Emag". But that they are still testing the benifit of using this new on/off installed on an emag.

Hope that makes sence (and is correct).

Douglas

Kevmaster
05-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
are there any monthly financing plans for xvalves with these kits for all the poor teenage paintball players who need to upgrade their valves first?

yes...save money...dont spend it.

TecnoRobo
05-31-2003, 10:42 AM
Just wanted to say thanks alot Tom for dumping so much time into these projects. Although i own a classic valve, this motivates me to get an x-valve soon.

Hehe this could be a bigger money maker than you think now.
I wonder if he planned it that way... :confused: ;)

davidnj
05-31-2003, 11:09 AM
You can send me one to test in my mag :o

sneakyhacker420
05-31-2003, 11:24 AM
WOOHOO!!!!!

my reverse SS retro valve has 2 o-rings in the bottom... i can use the ULE Trigger on mine :)

not to brag... but i'm just happy... now i can have a gun with a near-electronic pull for half the cost :D

now theres some competition wether i should use my imp or use my mag... :eek:

Cryer
05-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
...now theres some competition wether i should use my imp or use my mag... :eek:

There wasn't before?:eek: :confused: :p

Dayspring
05-31-2003, 11:28 AM
See, here's the deal. Up until a certain point, emag on/off valves had only ONE oring on it. (You can also tell b/c you have an aluminum & brass on/off). Then, they changed the design to have 2 orings and an all brass on/off. In order for that to work, they needed to mill out a bit of the valve assembly to fit.

Check your on/off valves and see what you have before yelling @ Tom.

azzkikr
05-31-2003, 11:31 AM
once again that rules out the original RTs. wich in part absolutely SUCKS for me, considering i have a old school RT and a classic valve.

well its preaty clear now that the mod is probably a new on/off assymbly. there for hard to make it compatible with all the existing markers since the sort of all have slightly different on/off dimensions. either way I'm screwed.

there has got to be a way to make it work with the currently non compatible on/offs. where there is a will there is a way.

in the most of exteem of cases, couldn't the non compatible RT valves be drilled to accept this mod?

later AZZKIKR

FooTemps
05-31-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Kevmaster

yes...save money...dont spend it.

It doesn't matter if I save or not... I have a restriction set on me that I can only spend 100 dollars per Item on paintball. So that means even if I have enough money, I wouldn't be allowed to buy a new valve. If there was a financing option... I could cheat around that by paying like 50 a month or something.

AlabamaMan
05-31-2003, 11:46 AM
I was wondering if people could send their SS retro valves into AGD to be drilled for a double O-ring at the bottom of the on/off.

Cryer
05-31-2003, 11:50 AM
FooTemps: Just secretly buy a retro valve and when your parents ask, say you spent $100 for the back of the valve, and $100 for the front.

Or you could offer something in a trade to bring the total price of a retro down to $100...

There are ways around everything...

sneakyhacker420
05-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Cryer

There wasn't before?:eek: :confused: :p

imp trigger is feather light and has a 1/2mm pull... and its green and stuff :p

mag is pretty good too... buy my imp is in the shop getting some 'noid work done... so currently, there is no competition

thecavemankevin
05-31-2003, 12:05 PM
when can we get a pic of it?

BajaBoy
05-31-2003, 03:36 PM
wait so if we have 2 orings in the on/off it will work? These are the orings that u see when u look into the on/off hole in the body when the brass peice is out?

my emag valve have a big tan one then the quad inside that.. (1month old)

and my pretty new retro (about 1/2 old) has only one greenish looking oring.

so i take it i Cant get this mod for my rt?:(

tony3
05-31-2003, 04:00 PM
errrr, man for once I thought a new mod that is coming out MIGHT actually work for the old school RT's, and of course they don't, It's settled I'm going to get an eblade cocker

EDIT: Also, I think more people complain about the heavy pulls on classics because it doesn't get kicked back as hard, I think a lighter trigger mod would be more benifcial to a classic mag owner, then an rt owner

TheJester
05-31-2003, 04:48 PM
ok, the tenitive release date is the amature open.....when's the amature open?

Bob01RT
05-31-2003, 04:49 PM
My retro valve only has the one oring so it won't work, but guys you gotta realise if there was something that could be done TK will probably do it or try to find a way to do it, I'm sure he doesn't like telling people it won't work with certain valves.

BlackVCG
05-31-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TheJester

July 16th to the 20th

Cryer
05-31-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG

July 16th to the 20th

Oooh sweet. I get paid the Friday before that.

jdev
05-31-2003, 05:45 PM
1) good think i picked myself up an xvalve at the megameet

2) when i saw this post, I was looking forard to hearing when the actual release of the ULE to the stores would have been.

BTAutoMag
05-31-2003, 07:23 PM
so they will work with the classics but they will have some problems on hanging up or what?

MaxPowers
05-31-2003, 07:32 PM
What is the difference with the 1 o-ring on/off's?? I have a 'classic' RT, (with 1 o-ring). The ULE trigger won't work with it?? How come?
:confused:

cledford
05-31-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by azzkikr

in the most of exteem of cases, couldn't the non compatible RT valves be drilled to accept this mod?

later AZZKIKR

I'd say yes. I sold Sneaky his reverse retro and it was drilled out by AGD...

Don't see why Rt wouldn't be the same.

-Calvin

joeyjoe367
05-31-2003, 09:18 PM
Dang :( I was really looking forward into just popping this sucker in my RT Pro. Now it looks like I'll have to shell out for an X-Valve. Dag nab it.

Is AGD working on a means for the ULE Trigger to work on the single-o-ring-on/off RT Valves? I'm *Seriously* bummed about this. I love my RT the way it is and don't really like the idea of having to spent all the extra money to get the lighter trigger.

:(

MaxPowers
05-31-2003, 09:29 PM
Well, like alot of the people I guess I will just have to be patient about the ULE trigger. I was looking forward to it, since Im on the AGD waiting list for the X-mag and I was told 6-10 months.

I still wouldn't trade my RT for anything else.

The Yellow Dart
05-31-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm so sad. I really thought that this would make my classic mag awsome. I guess i'll have to save up for an x-valve.:(

MaxPowers
05-31-2003, 11:31 PM
I know I've ,missed something here, and since I really don't feel like going back through countless threads looking for an answer... just why did they change to 2 o-rings anyhow? What is the benefit, If you dont mind my ignorance in the matter.

MantisMag
05-31-2003, 11:43 PM
well i have a retro with level 10. there's no way i'm going to justify spending $225 to get an Xvalve. i hope there's some way of working around this. :(

Xyxyll
06-01-2003, 12:12 AM
Woah! Another reason I am happy I got this RT Pro! It's got a X-Valve! :D

FalconGuy016
06-01-2003, 05:29 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

classicmagplayer
06-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Just a couple stupid questions...
It will work on all the x valves coming out now? Right?

Are the reverse x valves out yet, cause it says in 3-4 weeks on the page?

Actually, is there going to be a marker sold that has all this stuff on?
Like an RT Pro with an ULE body, inteliframe, ULE trigger, and x-valve. Might be cheaper than upgrading my Classic with all new stuff, plus I could sell the classic and make get money back.

logamus
06-01-2003, 10:42 PM
well i will still buy one and use it on my classic until the red x valves come out. when they(ule triggers) are available i will let you know how it works in real life testing. :)

slushee
06-01-2003, 10:57 PM
grumble......
there is no way I can afford to buy a new Xvalve...

I have a question, if I have an RTPro Valve (stainless) in an automag body, is it possible to get the on/off drilled out for the new on/off w two orings?

Probably now ... WoW .. I am so dissappoined .... I can't even remember being more dissappointed...

It's not AGD's fault guy's .. just remember that...

Hoplon
06-01-2003, 11:04 PM
I have two single oring retro valves. Can i send them in and have them changed to the new style?

reefer madness
06-02-2003, 04:16 AM
wow, so dissappointed. was looking forward to putting it in my classic rt...o well

TheJester
06-02-2003, 05:40 AM
ok, the holes/o-rings seem to be a problem. forgive me if i'm being stupid, but i just took apart my x-valve, and there is no step, or at least no visble step for the 2 orings. there's 1 big 1, and 1 smaller 1 that fits in the big 1. now it's been a while (December) since i've even seen an classic valve, none the less the o-rings for the on/off assembly. but i guess my ? for you guys who want to get it re-drilled, if it's already the big oring, why not just replace it w/ the 2 o-ring style? and i almost think it might be that simple, because it's the teflon o-ring that's down there, so why not just get an RT-Pro parts kit, or just get the on/off o-rings from an RT-Pro, replace all your orings on your on/off, and only run compressed air (so you won't freeze them, that's why the classic has the teflon o-rings, and part of why the RT valves say no co2, is they have no teflon orings). i think that would be at least worth looking into.

QUINCYMASSGUY
06-02-2003, 09:31 AM
If you have an old gun or mom won't buy this trigger for you or an xvalve to use this trigger with.... stop the complaining PLEASE! First off, you know Tom did all he can to make this work for everyone, but if it won't work on non-Retro mags it's not from a lack of effort on his part. It was a lucky break that he figured out how to use this trigger but he was unable to get around the fact that it will require the retro effect. It's a BONUS he was able to make this work for those of us with the newer gear, not a penalty for those who don't. So don't tell him off for coming up with this!

ALSO, Paintball is an expensive game, so don't complain because you can't afford this or Mom and Dad won't buy it for you. Save the money, use your Mag which is still a great gun without the XValve and Trigger (hopefully you got the Lvl 10 at least) and it'll still be a great gun on the field. Use the money to actually play! Mom and Dad aren't buying my gear or paying for my field and paint costs, I earn it and spend it because I love the game. I made sacrifices to buy my Minimag and Steel Crossfire tank used for $300 (after only my first time playing too!) because I love the game. I made sacrifices to afford the XValve and Intelliframe a few months later but I'm happy I did. And I didn't NEED a ULE body but willing to spend the money because I wanted to. If you really want something, put up or shut up because either you don't really want to buy it or you aren't working and mom and dad pays for everything. If that's the case, definitely be quiet or get a job and earn your gear. But don't blame AGD for it! You get what you pay for with AGD, it's just not for everyone.

jdev
06-02-2003, 09:44 AM
tom, or anyone who knows.

is there an official cost on this part yet? what should I expect to pay for this badass mod?

Dayspring
06-02-2003, 09:49 AM
~$100

As for the whole "let's just swap orings in" comment. You can't do it. You have to redrill that part of the valve. The orings won't fit in correctly if you don't. And Tom already said that it won't work with classic valves. The ULT requires that retro kick back to work. Get over it and move on.

AGD
06-02-2003, 10:17 AM
You guys have to remember that for the 225 Xvalve you get:

1. LvL 10
2. ULE Trigger
3. All aluminum valve
4. Reactive trigger

This is not bad considering how much the LvL 10 and ULE cost by themselves.

AGD

cphilip
06-02-2003, 10:22 AM
Heckuva Deal.

And one that just keeps getting better if you ask me...

Patron God of Pirates
06-02-2003, 10:33 AM
I understand that it's not really anyones fault that the mod doesn't work for them, but those of us who have the older stainless RTP valves and have already purchased LV.10, it's not much of a deal at all.

cphilip
06-02-2003, 10:35 AM
...Oh I feel your pain there cause I am in the same boat. Just got my X Valve in my RTP myself...

Duke Henry
06-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Hrm, now I am in a pickle.

I think it is time for me to sell my A5, and my RTP and just buy myself a new Emag with all of this stuff sorted out already!

I guess all I will need is the ULE trigger upgrade, since I will already have everything else I need brand new.

JOY!

dcmander
06-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Dangit Tom!!

You keep delaying me from buying my Xvalve!!! :) Now that it is going to come with the ULT, woldn't it make sense for me to wait to buy the xvalve until the ULT comes out and is included with the Xvalve??

Pretty damn sweet of you Tom. But this does mean that I will have to wait a few more months until the Xvalve comes out. I don't think its worth 100$ to get my Xvalve a few months earlier.

Did Tom ever say when they were shooting for to release this upgrade? I've heard people say IAO, and other things that are at the end of summer (July), but did Tom ever say these dates or are other people just guessing that?

Man a release date would help though.

So do you guys think it is smart to wait for the ULT if you haven't already bought an xvalve but was planning on it?

classicmagplayer
06-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by AGD

1. LvL 10
2. ULE Trigger
3. All aluminum valve
4. Reactive trigger

AGD

So the ULE trigger comes with the x valve? :D That just made my day.

Duke Henry
06-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by dcmander
Did Tom ever say when they were shooting for to release this upgrade? I've heard people say IAO, and other things that are at the end of summer (July), but did Tom ever say these dates or are other people just guessing that?

Well, since the IAO is in July, I think both may be right.

Question for you Tom:

Will Emags come stock with the ULE trigger after its release? (and assuming testing goes well with Emags)

QUINCYMASSGUY
06-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Wow, the ULE trigger is going to be standard with XValves? That is seriously one hell of a deal. I'm very impressed. So now anyone besides those without an RT who can't use the Xvalve should not be complaining. I was amazed when the Xvalve came with the Lvl10 (if not a little annoyed because I bought the Lvl 10 two weeks before) but here you have plenty of notice and the option for a great setup for less then most of us got the individual components... so all those complaining about not having an XValve so you can't use the mod should just be quiet, save some money, and take advantage of this deal. Do the math 225 minus 80 for level 10, minus 100 for ULE trigger = $45 XValve. If you can't afford that, you should be renting. Great deal Tom, I am definitely amazed. Just as long as plenty of these triggers are available on their own and don't take an engineering degree to figure out how to install, I am buying one the minute they're available. Thanks!

jdev
06-02-2003, 12:12 PM
wow $225 for an Xvalve WITH the ULE trigger.

I just picked up my Xvalve for that amount w/o ULE Trigger.

DAYSPRING - are you sure on that $100 price tag?

Tom, where would this ULE update leave those of us who already have an xvalve? still going to be a simple drop in change to the valve? (maybe I missed something along the way)

MantisMag
06-02-2003, 12:14 PM
well if the xvalve comes packaged with the ULE trigger that changes things a bit. i wasn't about to pay $225 plus another $100 just to get the lighter valve and trigger. but $225 for both i might be able to swing.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

magnj
06-02-2003, 12:19 PM
wow thats a realy nice deal. Go AGD

lamingo
06-02-2003, 12:48 PM
so this is with the valve trade in that the x valve cost 225 right

xrancid_milkx
06-02-2003, 12:57 PM
I just bought my X-Valve a couple of days ago and its supposed to come in tomorrow. I think its safe to say the ULE trigger won't come with it because its not done yet. But is there a way I can get one when it comes out later with a discounted or free of charge or am I SOL for not waiting for it to come in the package?

slushee
06-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates
I understand that it's not really anyones fault that the mod doesn't work for them, but those of us who have the older stainless RTP valves and have already purchased LV.10, it's not much of a deal at all.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at ALL!

It's just that I'm hoping there's an 80$ mod that can save me from spending 255$ for a new XValve .. I just cannot spend another 255$ for a valve that does the same thing as my RT PRO valve.

PLEASE AGD, if there is a way you guy's can offer to drill out the RTPro valves for cheaper... otherwise I will never be able to know the joys of the ULE-T

RetroEclipseMan
06-02-2003, 02:08 PM
I've got a question though, so why exactly doesn't the ule triggers work with the older Retro Valves with single O-rings in the on/off? I'm not sure how this new mod works but would it cause that much shootdown if it was used with one of the Stainless Retrovalves? Also is there a chance that us with the older Retros can send our valves in to be drilled if the ule's can't be used with them? Cause I'd hate to spend another $225 just to get the trigger and save 3ozs. Not complaining or anything just wondering. Keep up the good work.

The Yellow Dart
06-02-2003, 03:41 PM
WOW, ule trigger and an x-valve for $225. That made my day:D :D :D :D

MantisMag
06-02-2003, 03:48 PM
and level 10 too. except i already have that. so it doesn't really matter to me. although i do have my original bolt and powertube parts. so i could pop those back in there for the trade-in and sell the level 10 kit. :)

sniper1rfa
06-02-2003, 04:09 PM
retroeclipse, ive been thinking (and doing math) about the mod. I have a feeling that there is a new on/off top wich contains the on/off o-ring in it. this would require the removal of the outer o-ring to make room for the new on/off top.

FalconGuy016
06-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by AGD

1. LvL 10
2. ULE Trigger
3. All aluminum valve
4. Reactive trigger

AGD

Holy crap!!!!!!! Any word on when this will be ready to buy? My birthday is coming up and I should somehow work this in ... if possible... AGH! Too much goodness

Hexis
06-02-2003, 04:59 PM
I for one would love to be able to have my ReTro drilled out and have the UL trigger. I like keeping my original gear. I still have my original MiniMag Valve. I will never get rid of that either.

Star_Base_CGI
06-02-2003, 05:11 PM
That is a good price. Throw in an an Inteli Frame and... what would one have to do to finish a gun besides add a barrel.

Tom Maybe you should make some bare aluminum Inteliframes...

aaron_mag
06-02-2003, 05:33 PM
$225!!! I was going to spend the money on another level 10 kit anyway for my classic valve. Since I only bought the RT valve recently (it seems like it was just before the X valves started coming out stupid me) the ULE trigger will probably work on my retrovalve but WHY would I buy it when I can get all those goodies together for just a little more!

Sheesh Tom. I keep telling my wife that I bought the last thing I need but you guys keep coming up with more stuff I HAVE to have. Wonder if I can sue AGD for an X-valve kit on the grounds that they create marital hardship for me:D

GT
06-02-2003, 08:00 PM
ahh man,
me and a bud just bought X's about a week ago. O'well hope this upgrade isnt to much.

Edit: classic valve owners stop whinning, pony up 225 and have the baddest machine on the planet.

jb

MinimagRockin'
06-02-2003, 09:09 PM
For all the people whining about original rts. Wake up call: You can sell the damn things on ebay and then buy an rtp right back on ebay and only lose a small amount of cash. Then you can buy ule bodies and xvalves and light trigger mods and intelli frames and so on and so on. Stop whimpering and do something about it. I bought an rtp coupled with a flatline on ebay for under $500, the deals are out there you just have to look.

goat
06-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by TheJester
IAO....pittsburg Pa
...july 16...... www.teameffortevents.com/iao/

logamus
06-02-2003, 10:51 PM
wow, this is great news. i was already waiting for red xvalves to come out, now my wait has become sweeter knowing that the ult is going to be in the package.

Jerhew
06-02-2003, 11:33 PM
ok so can we have some confirmation on this?
can we sent in our older retro valves to get drilled for 2 orings?
is it as simple as that?
i wouldn't mind spending a little extra...it's better than having to buy an x-valve considering i(and im not the only one) already have both an rt valve and level 10

doesn't sound like a huge problem to me... but why didn't Tom mention it in the first place? (other than not wanting to get the service dept. overrun)

dcmander
06-03-2003, 01:28 AM
Judging from Tom's post and a hunch I have, I don't think AGD is going to put up with drilling all those RT valves. From his post, Tom makes it sound like the Xvalve is going to be a helluva deal with the ULT included, and so that implies to me that they won't be doing the drilling for customers.

They would have a huge demand and it would take time for AGD, and I don't think they will do it. I don't think it would be worth it to them. But that's just me :D I would try to think of something else guys. :) Sorry do be the negative/realistic one ;) :)

RetroEclipseMan
06-03-2003, 02:10 AM
I dunno, I wouldn't be suprised if Tom allowed the owners of the stainless retros to send there valves in to be drilled for a fee. I know if it was possible I would definately do it. It'd be a whole lot better than droppn' $225 into a new valve. Just tryn' to be optimistic here.

MaxPowers
06-03-2003, 05:12 AM
FYI -
I spoke with one of the guys in the tech dept. yesterday. I asked him about drilling the on-off out and he said that they weren't planning on doing them. Said it would cost too much money and take too much time.

TheJester
06-03-2003, 05:35 AM
ok, about this drilling crap. for 1, i feel sorry for you guys, i really do. i think you should just get the x-valve when it all comes out, you can't get a better deal than that. also, if you recal, AGD doesn't do any inhouse work, so they would have to send all the valves out to be re-drilled. but if you guys are so worried about drilling it out, why not just take it to a local machine shop? precision work is precision work, no matter who does it. just find out the location (which i can almost garentee both holes have the same center, so you really already have the location). and the size of the whole (or if you can just bring in a valve w/ 2 o-rings and say you want it to be like that) and just say there's tight tolerances on it. even i can get a hole location +/- .001, and i've only been a "machinist" since september.

but hey, i don't even think that would be worth your troubles, i would just get the x-valve if i were you guys. yea, drilling might ruin your warrentee, but that's the risk you'd have to be willing to take, and if you're not willing to take it, quit whinning.

askman
06-03-2003, 08:46 AM
If nothing else, I am sure that there will be few enterprising machinists on AO that will do it(Drill it out) for a reasonable price. go over to dealer's forum and ask around....

aaron_mag
06-03-2003, 08:46 AM
I don't know how much the ULE trigger mod will be but I think Tom said around $100. If they wanted to do a redrilling progam they would have to charge at least $50 to $100 (don't know much about it but just considering time for staff to deal with it, quality control, and profit (yes they have to make that too)). So you are already up to $150 to get your retro modified at a minimum at that point. Might as well pay the extra $75 and get an aluminum valve. In other words at some point redrilling just doesn't make sense. Your marker is still the same marker that you loved and cherished before the ULE trigger was announced so keep using it and save up for that total package!

I just wish I had stuck it out with my classic for awhile longer and hadn't bought my retro valve a year ago or so! Oh well when all is said and done I'll have my retro mag and a ULE mag :)

Mutilus
06-03-2003, 08:53 AM
:confused: So when are they ready to be bought? I am rip roaring and ready to buy this grip frame after using Tom's at Twin Towers, I have cash in hand and am ready to buy buy buy! Please let me know when they are going to be ready to go to us in the public.

GT
06-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by aaron_mag

I just wish I had stuck it out with my classic for awhile longer and hadn't bought my retro valve a year ago or so!

shoot,
I bought a X valve about a week ago.

jb

Dayspring
06-03-2003, 09:56 AM
For the FIFTH time, they are shooting for a debut at the IAO which is the 15th-20th of July.

Originally posted by Mutilus
:confused: So when are they ready to be bought? I am rip roaring and ready to buy this grip frame after using Tom's at Twin Towers, I have cash in hand and am ready to buy buy buy! Please let me know when they are going to be ready to go to us in the public.

cphilip
06-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Don't worry guys...if the machining can be done...and even of AGD doesn't have the time to do this or want to...there will be people who will know what it takes and maybe can... BradAGD comes to mind.

Hoplon
06-03-2003, 02:34 PM
I know a guy who send his retro valve in to have lx installed and they changed his on/off without even asking him. He was mad about it because it reduces the reactivity of the valve(which is why they aren't making it for old retros im guessing).

Until AGD refuses to do this mod, which probably only takes them 5mins per valve to do, i have a hard time beliving they are going to turn their backs on those of us who have these "old" parts.

reefer madness
06-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Hoplon
i have a hard time beliving they are going to turn their backs on those of us who have these "old" parts.

tom said "Sorry about this but this time our technology leap was just too far to bring the old stuff with."

ive lost hope they will help us old school retro guys. but tom did say a while back that clasic rt users can trade in there body and valve for xvalve and ule.

afrankart
06-03-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't think the x-valve and ULE are compatible with the old school RTs

ScatterPlot
06-04-2003, 03:30 PM
WOO HOO! I cant wait for this! Well I actually havent checked to see if it fits or not cause I just saw this thread. But anyways, I have a question- can you just get a new on-off assembly? If this has already been asked sorry cause I didnt read all of the replys before this. Well thanks!
Bert
PS-Tom is king!

ScatterPlot
06-04-2003, 03:34 PM
AAH! NO! DONT CALL ME STUPID! Sorry, I misunderstood where to look. I thought he meant inside the on-off assembly. By bad! Well it looks like mine wont fit, so here comes an X-Valve for Bert! Yay! Oh well, if anyone out there wants a used, good condition Retro with a LX lemme know!
Bert

The Yellow Dart
06-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Ok, this is what it think about all the old school retro valves, either you go to a machinist and get the on/off drilled or sell your retro valve for a good amount of money to buy an x-valve.

Viral
06-05-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
but my imp is in the shop getting some 'noid work done...
Why is it that every single friend I know that has an Imp has uttered this exact phrase to me at least once? Those poor guns must have the most fragile electronics ever made.
That sentence is usually followed by "...but when it's working it's awesome!" :rolleyes:

--Viral

Hoplon
06-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by The Yellow Dart
Ok, this is what it think about all the old school retro valves, either you go to a machinist and get the on/off drilled or sell your retro valve for a good amount of money to buy an x-valve.

Why would i want to buy something that won't outperform or even last as long as what i have and sepend more money doing it?

Hoplon
06-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Viral

Why is it that every single friend I know that has an Imp has uttered this exact phrase to me at least once? Those poor guns must have the most fragile electronics ever made.
That sentence is usually followed by "...but when it's working it's awesome!" :rolleyes:

--Viral

because they don't come stock with a lpr and they tend to be used with co2 more than other electros. Those poor noids take way more abuse than average.

WarBUCKs
06-05-2003, 06:16 PM
If it is going to be 225 for X-valve with ULE trigger, how much will it be just for the ULE Trigger?

If it was posted earlier in this post, I must have missed it and I apologize for the reapeat.

Cryer
06-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by WarBUCKs
If it is going to be 225 for X-valve with ULE trigger, how much will it be just for the ULE Trigger?

If it was posted earlier in this post, I must have missed it and I apologize for the reapeat.

Tom said at one time under $100. There has been talk of it costing as little as $30. So far, it's all speculation.

cockersuk14
06-08-2003, 08:45 PM
can anyone tell me how exactly this works or what it actually does to improve rof?

p8ntballsnowman
06-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Tom, how would these work with roller triggers. Would they be light enought to be effective?

MaxPowers
06-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Ok, everyone is getting their panites in a knot over this. Let the guys at AGD do their thing. I think the evolution is moving in the right direction in general as it is.

As much as I would like to see a drop in mech. trigger that would be electro-like, I would like it even more if I could get a bolt on e-kit. Look at all of those cheep spyders with the $60 electro-frames on them. They are all over the place. They are junk. How much better do you think a mag would be (classic, mini or other eise) with a AGD made electro-frame? No contest.

Don't get me wrong, I still am drooling over the X-mag, and I will be for the 9 months I'll be on the waiting list, but it would be great if I can upgrade my Rt, mini, and classic mags.

Farnja
06-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Hmmm...Sry bout this but i am kinda a newb to Mags and i just bought an RT valve that fits in my classic rail,but i couldnt seem to figure out if it was the 2 O-ring or 1 ring kind... Could i have specific directions or is there any other way to find out because i think ym gun is missing o-rings (because it is leaking and will not work...im getting a parts kit tommorrow)...thnks a lot...

Jerhew
06-15-2003, 04:43 AM
ok real quick
go to the tech forum and look under the gun maintenance classic post for directions on how to take apart your valve
if you still have a problem, make a post there

as far as 1 oring or two
that refers to the space underneath your on/off valve
if you have 2 O-rings, there will be on little one inside one bigger one, if you have a 1 O-ring setup, there will just enough space cut into the valve for the small O-ring.

hope that helped

Farnja
06-15-2003, 08:31 AM
The on off cutaway is a large cylinder...there looks to be room for 2 O-rings...would the bottom of the on/off hole be narrower if it were only 1 O-ring?

Jerhew
06-15-2003, 12:50 PM
exactly
which is why if you have a 1 O-ring valve you have to get it machined somewhere in order to use this new on/off

Farnja
06-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Ah ha...Great...I got a 2-hole valve...however i dont want to ruin the ractivity so i'll wait for a Ule Trig....

Jerhew
06-15-2003, 11:11 PM
reactivity is nice...but i just wanna see the look on peoples face when i walk a mech trigger :D

i might switch between stock and ule triggers depending on the mood i'm in :p

Farnja
06-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Ahh..the freedom.....