PDA

View Full Version : flatline fillnip problems

lack of grace
05-31-2003, 07:46 PM
I attempted to get my 68/45 flatline filled today and the guy said the fill nipple was bunk. It just spit out the air he put in. I took the fill nipple of and the tank reg check valve looked ok..I cleaned everything off and reassembled.. Still nothing.

Can a brotha get a hand ;)

Thanks.

xen_100
05-31-2003, 08:44 PM
oil, the little o-ring on the check valve. if it still leaks, buy a new one.

rikkter
06-02-2003, 09:36 AM
no, dont put oil on it.

i was under the empression that oiling a hpa tank is dangerous and could cause it to well. cause injury.
just clean the oring, if anything, put a TINY amount of oil on it. i'm not sure about the oil on the oring, but i never put it in my tank.
i usually just clean the oring and(take it off, use a q-tip, clean the piece the oring was on, put back in)and it works fine.

xen_100
06-02-2003, 12:03 PM
that is what I was talking about.......putting a drop on the check valve o-ring itself.

I doubt it will cuase any problems. the regulators on HPA tanks are oiled, and they are under the same pressure.

jdev
06-02-2003, 12:42 PM
the guy working the fill station said not to put anything on it.

mossman threw something on the fill nip and the guy at the fill station went ape**** about something being on there, even thought it wasnt oil.

(once moss sees this post, im sure he will enlighten us as to what it was he put on there.. i cant remember for the life of me.)

rikkter
06-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by xen_100
that is what I was talking about.......putting a drop on the check valve o-ring itself.

I doubt it will cuase any problems. the regulators on HPA tanks are oiled, and they are under the same pressure.
i thought they were more along the lines of greased, not oiled?

Remington
06-02-2003, 02:34 PM
If you have an RT Parts kit put either the Reg. Seat o-ring or the on/off o-ring on the thing(I really don't know what it's called) inside the fill nipple and that should fix the leak. Good luck, and let us know what worked. :D