PDA

View Full Version : planetside subscription question

KILLMORE
06-01-2003, 01:32 AM
I recently purchased planetside but got stalled at the subsciption screen. I entered the code on the cd case and its says i have a one month subsciption but still asks for a credit card or game card number. Is there a way to bypass this to get to my original month free? Or do i need to enter a credit card number or buy a game card? I have heard that you should just enter a false credit card number to get your free month then play off of cards after that. good idea or not?

-Carnifex-
06-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Generally you need to enteryour credit card number. They won't charge you until the month is over though.

FactsOfLife
06-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by -Carnifex-
Generally you need to enteryour credit card number. They won't charge you until the month is over though.

No, they already charged me for my sub and I have 3 weeks left on the free month.

Nexev
06-01-2003, 09:21 PM
entereing false CC # = fraud....

-Carnifex-
06-01-2003, 09:36 PM
They shouldn't start charging you until your free month is over, then, most companies, ask if you'd like to continue your subscription.

FactsOfLife
06-02-2003, 05:26 AM
Why shouldn't they? You gave them the permission to charge you when you entered your card number.

What they can not do is start the subscription until the free month is up.

-Carnifex-
06-02-2003, 08:11 AM
The only way they'll charge you is if you sign up for a (insert number over 1 month) service. Otherwise it wouldn't be a free month.

FactsOfLife
06-02-2003, 03:39 PM
It already isn't a free month, you had to buy the game to even play it inline. You paid for that month in the 50 dollar pricetag.

As far as paying for months over and above the the "free" one, you can buy one 3 or however many months upfront you want.

The subscription months don't start until your so called free one is up.