PDA

View Full Version : Apoc not holding air??

DroopyTheBacker
06-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Today I was at the field and I tried to get my AA Apocalypse filled (just played last weekend, worked perfect) and it wouldn't hold over 1500 psi. It didn't leak at all once I put it on my gun but it wouldn't hold the air. The tank is new to me (bought it used) so I'm not sure what the problem is, any ideas?

ignatz
06-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Send it to AirAmerica. Pay return shipping. Problem Solved.

Just kidding, I have an AirAmerica Apoc that I bought used too. My problem was a little different but that's what I did. They fixed it no problem and it only cost me return shipping. Here are the details (http://www.airamerica.com/warranty.htm)

rikkter
06-02-2003, 09:38 AM
would it only say 1500 on the gauge but shoot like it had more? maybe the gauge is dead but who knows. slap a one on there if you have on laying around, but just make sure its empty.

then again, never hurts to send the tank in like he said, jsut to have it rebuilt, so you know it's good to go

DroopyTheBacker
06-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Yeah I'm sure it was empty, the balls were going about 3 feet after 120 shots, bad sign if you ask me ;) I guess I'll have to send it in. Ah well. Thanks.

ASDadam
06-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Here is an idea. It works with my Raptor. The leak is more than likely the Oring on the piston not holding up. I took some lithium grease and lubed up the oring really well. You can do this if you want a quick fix to get you by if you're playing sometime soon. Or you can do what he said and send it off to AA to get fixed for free.

rikkter
06-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ASDadam
Here is an idea. It works with my Raptor. The leak is more than likely the Oring on the piston not holding up. I took some lithium grease and lubed up the oring really well. You can do this if you want a quick fix to get you by if you're playing sometime soon. Or you can do what he said and send it off to AA to get fixed for free.

that might fix it, if it was leaking :P

DroopyTheBacker
06-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it's really not leaking. I shouldn't say it won't hold air, it's more like it won't fill over 1500.