PDA

View Full Version : funny noise from my Halo B ??

CFD323
06-01-2003, 06:09 PM
I recently bought a new Halo B and today I used it for the first time. I noticed a funny noise coming from it periodically throughout the day. It sounds like the motor is trying to turn but can't. Is this normal ? It lasts a few seconds and stops and I want to make sure that it's not binding somehow where the motor would burn out. The balls fire fine so it doesn't seem like a ball is jammed. I heard it mostly when the hopper was full.

LittlePaintballBoy
06-01-2003, 06:12 PM
maybe you are filling the hopper too much and the moter cant turn.

Mossman
06-01-2003, 06:15 PM
I've heard that some of the new TE halo's are coming with bad eyes, and that's what the problem is. It thinks it sees motion, so it spins, but the balls have no where to go, and it just keeps seeing motion (probably the impeller smushing the balls). Anyhow, I had that happen in my halo a couple times before I sold it and firing a shot got it to work. I've got a new halo TE on the way to me, i'll let ya know if mine does it.
-Sam

BajaBoy
06-01-2003, 06:16 PM
are you using black shelled paint? or dry shell?

its not picking up that there are balls in the neck, and its trying to feed.

CFD323
06-01-2003, 06:25 PM
Basically the hopper was pretty full, didnt' know that I couldn't do that....

Was using pink and purple shell paint.....

Ryknow
06-01-2003, 06:34 PM
overfilling the hopper.. I did it one night in a tourney.. didnt turn out good, had my gun is 3 or 4 pieces in one of the standups trying to not get hit lol. But all youd di was put to much paint in the hopper and the cone couldnt spend freely like it should have been able to.

-=Squid=-
06-01-2003, 07:17 PM
No, it has nothing to do with overfilling. As a HALO problem veteran, I can guaruntee you that its a problem with the eyes wiggling around. Just tape them in a little more secure, mine are held on tight by wire ties.

lawman1380
06-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Mine did the same thing when I played this morning. It would make that noise for a couple of seconds, even when I wasn't moving.

Russ
06-01-2003, 07:58 PM
CFD323,

As a "busted HALO" veteran myself, I'm sorry to inform you that your HALO is singing it's death song...soon it will just fail. It will have to get the motor replaced.

I just got mine back on 5-30 (sent it in 5-12, while the Odyssey crew was moving to a new building, bad timing, for sure!) When it finally gives up the ghost, the turn-around time is 5 days up here in CT (if I ship USPS Priority) Send it early Monday, receive it Friday.

My HALO has been back to Texas 3 times in a year :(