PDA

View Full Version : Best way to convince a person to buy a mag

Carbon
06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Best way to convince a person to buy a Mag: The answere should be obvious, let em play with one! Duh.

Anyway theres a fellow ref who just got into paintball, he wants a gun, hes had experience shootin the basic blowback, a cocker ( a gun he's aiming to buy) and he has shot my Nitro'd Classic Mag, LX. Other than getting him to play with my mag, what should i do/tell to convince to convince him to get a mag?

No i wont tell him cockers are maintenace hogs and all that. Or any evil cocker type stories.

What was the winning argument/thing that got yall to buy a mag?

yeahthatsme
06-01-2003, 08:23 PM
let him play with it, if he doesnt like it then oh well. its his choice, let him shoot and play with different guns and decide.

classicmagplayer
06-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Tear each 'gun apart with him watching, explain the parts and stuff...hand him the pieces and tell him to put it together.

If he can put the cocker bact together and it works, let him get one. If he cant get the cocker back together, he'll probably get a mag.

Thats how I got one of my friends to buy a mag.

FalconGuy016
06-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Mags will always work and they do it simply and well, thats what pushed me over

Alfredo
06-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Best way to convince a person to buy a mag: play a game with them and crush them. Worked for me.

jaylock33
06-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Know that when I got the mag if I had stop playing for a while once I started again all I would have to do is drop a little oil in and I would be ready to go.

Teen
06-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by classicmagplayer
Tear each 'gun apart with him watching, explain the parts and stuff...hand him the pieces and tell him to put it together.

If he can put the cocker bact together and it works, let him get one. If he cant get the cocker back together, he'll probably get a mag.

Thats how I got one of my friends to buy a mag.

I'd go with this method, i'd say it'd work for about 90% of poeple.

WickeDKlowN
06-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Usually just letting someone shoot mine works. But let them play a game or two with it. Get them to come here to AO and look around, tell them about AGD's great support, etc.

If that dosn't work, threaten to slowly decapitate them with a rusty hacksaw while continusly playing the Barney theme song if they get anything other than a 'mag.

rikkter
06-01-2003, 10:02 PM
i'd tell them if they like to tinker with guns. i'd explain all the steps on how the cocker shoots, and name all the things that could go wrong, and what needs to be timmed and tuned and all that. then i'd do the same with a mag.

i have 3 mags, i like them because of 1)reliability, 2)ease of fixing, 3) customer service

i also have a cocker. because i like to tinker with things.

personally, i think cockers feel, and shoot a lot better than a mag, but i wont ever go play a scenario using one unless i know i have my mags working.

Torbo
06-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by WickeDKlowN

If that dosn't work, threaten to slowly decapitate them with a rusty hacksaw while continusly playing the Barney theme song if they get anything other than a 'mag.

wow, thats pretty disturbing.....but hilarious!!!:cool:

Teen
06-02-2003, 05:57 AM
first you have to show him how durable each gun is. Hit him over the head with the cocker real hard and most likely something will break, then hit him with the mag.then if he's still alive/concious let him shoot them both. since the cocker probably won't shoot due to the fact that u just beat him over the head with it, he will pic the mag.:D

jdev
06-02-2003, 06:24 AM
luckily,

when I first got into paintball, the person who sold me my gun, didnt coax me into getting a cocker or an angel.

they said that the best gun for a beginner for ease of use and operation would be an automag.

that was it folks, I bought this gun almost 7 years ago, and Its one of the 2 guns I have ever owned. (3 if you count 'bling crosby')

either way. mags are reliable guns. when I have to repair something, its minimal, like a carrier o-ring or such. no pneumatics to deal with, no bolt stuff. (although, honestly, I wish i had the know how to work on other guns, like cockers and angels.. ive just never been exposed to them)

in any event.. just get a mag, you wont be disappointed. and if you are, you're doing something wrong.

*ArKfEaR*
06-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Let him get the cocker...

RetroEclipseMan
06-02-2003, 02:25 PM
I say let him shoot both and then when he's done take your mag if you got lvl 10 and stick your finger in the breach and shoot it and then follow with the question "Now lets see you do that with a cocker". That gets people 9 outta 10 times at the fields near my house.

Hexis
06-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Or just let him gets whatever he wants. "worst" case he likes the cocker and is happy with his choice.

rikkter
06-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan
I say let him shoot both and then when he's done take your mag if you got lvl 10 and stick your finger in the breach and shoot it and then follow with the question "Now lets see you do that with a cocker". That gets people 9 outta 10 times at the fields near my house.

too bad lot of cockers pinch balls, thus doing the same thing to your finger a level 10 does.