PDA

View Full Version : Vert feed for a Classic???

tash030
06-01-2003, 09:49 PM
OK. I have an Automag Classic powerfeed with a Halo hopper. The Halo is fairly heavy and i would really like to be able to use a vertical feed with it instead of an elbow. So why cant u use an EMAG or RTpro body on a classic mag?? I know the new ULE bodies are out, but they use Angel threads, meaning i would hafta buy a whole new set of barrels. So if the ULE will fit on any gun, then why not the RT bodies on the classic mag. IF A=B and B=C, doesnt A=C??????

Mrmacdude
06-01-2003, 10:00 PM
they dont have angel threads.... cocker threads.

you could get a NO-Rise. but then ud hafta mod your barrel to do vert feed. thats the only problem

tash030
06-01-2003, 11:02 PM
modify my barrel? what would i have to do to it? i dont mind too many mods as long as i can keep the same barrel.

Frank (the spank)
06-01-2003, 11:09 PM
basicly someone will have to mill a notch into the twist lock so it stops on the center where the feed is.

I actually have a almost new black center feed for sale, i got a ULE and dont need this anymore. And of course.. gotta get rid of my barrels. Need a center feed boomstick? lol

Mrmacdude
06-01-2003, 11:21 PM
im havin to sell my boomy too, after gettin a ULE.
but its SO worth it.

tash030
06-01-2003, 11:41 PM
NO rise?? are u sure those are for classics?? on the profile in the AGD online store, it says they're just for RT pros and EMAGS. please tell me their wrong, cause i really wanna get one.

askman
06-01-2003, 11:51 PM
you can actually use any rtpro/emag body on classic, but not the other way. rtp/emag body have small round protrusion where it screws in, and this will fit into the oval cut on the classic without problem.