PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Practice Drills

AFRaven
06-02-2003, 07:44 AM
Hey all. A friend of mine and I were at our field the other day doing snapshooting drills. I was wondering what other kinds of drills we could run in order to become better players of the game.

Troy
06-02-2003, 09:13 AM
-one on one
-practice teams that are better than you

rikkter
06-02-2003, 09:25 AM
also make some not even teams, like 2 vs 4, 5 or something
mix it up with players so they start to work as a team better.

go out wiht less paint than normal

play an entire game holding the gun in your other hand

pbguy888
06-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Thats one of the things my team does. Play people that you know are better than you. You learn alot when you do that. And dont be araid to ask them questions about what yall did wrong/ what you could have done better.

rhcp377
06-02-2003, 10:12 AM
have your center play without a gun. Helps him communicate as well as sprint to the flag. Play with limited paint like one hopper or something.

dcmander
06-02-2003, 11:31 AM
I'm going to first say that I do not know much about tournament drills.... But why would you want to limit your paint in drills? Is this just because you know you are going to shoot a helluva lot more in a tournamnet?

Creative Mayhem
06-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Here's one for profile... for all you non-warp guys, and you dont even need paint!

Snap shoot using a mirror. All you do is act like the edge of the mirror is th edge of the bunker. When you pop out you can see EXACTLY how much of you is sticking out. Now, switch hands and repeat. I used this when I was not using the warp,:D and it helped me greatly. Hope it helps you.

CM

Daroy99
06-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Me, a guy with a impulse, and guy with a matrix took on 7 people, and we had to abide by tournament rules. I was playing front, and both of them got out after a few minutes.. It was good practice though, but once the backers were gone, i was.

Lone Wolf2
06-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Well for back man drills make get in to bunkers that r mirrors of each other.And make them shoot once and they have to put the gun behind there back and into the other hand and hoot once and repat.And theres also the tree of death.Ill tell u if u want to know.:D :D :D

Lopy-slopy
06-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Look here CLICK ME (http://www.webdogradio.us/video/) They have TONS of useful vid's showing you alot of cool drils. this weeks one is pretty cool, using the tape to show the line of fire on the feild. If I could do that at my feild it would help my game alot. I know there was one game where my foot was in plane view of one of the guy's on the other team for like 2 mins,(I was snap shooting at the other teams base). He was fireing at it like mad but he couldn't hit me so I didn't bother moving. If it was a good player I would have been gone.

punkncat
06-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by dcmander
I'm going to first say that I do not know much about tournament drills.... But why would you want to limit your paint in drills? Is this just because you know you are going to shoot a helluva lot more in a tournamnet?

No because you learn to shoot in ways that count.You learn to be more accurate with each shot.You get used to having to deal with having very little paint both in offensive and defensive situations , and how to win in such a situation.
A lot of people count on spray and pray rather than truly honing their skills.Go to a practice day and use a lesser marker than what you currently use if possible.Something with a lower rate of fire.If you are good with a Spyder or Tippy and the like think of how much better your game can be with a smoother faster marker.
Physical conditioning should not be overlooked either.A lot of the physical aspects of say football camp are very helpful.Being in shape and having stamina can certainly make up for a bit of skill level.I mean you might loose some games in the beginning only to come back later because everyone is tired.

Zhivago
06-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Have your backmen work on laying down accurate fire, hammering the lanes and their vision. Try having one back go against a few other players, and off the break see if the back knows where everyone is once they get to their bunker... this can improve their vision and awareness of the field. Make sure they communicate too :D

Torbo
06-02-2003, 08:28 PM
make sure you have good conditioning, but dont waste your practice time on it. Hopefully some/all of you can get together outside of your oficial practices to run and lift weights together. Playing other sports is even better. Especially football.

AFRaven
06-03-2003, 07:23 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys. Keep in mind that I don't have a team, and when we play, it's usually with a bunch of other folks that we don't know.

Maglover2k
06-04-2003, 10:23 AM
we play a team that is amazingly better then us and thats making us a hell of alot better, we practice 1-2 times a week. stuff like that. We switch the field setup alot so we will know how to play just about every angle, stuff like that.

xr 80s rule
06-04-2003, 03:22 PM
myahem wut u said really works that awsome

Creative Mayhem
06-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by xr 80s rule
myahem wut u said really works that awsome

no problem.. glad to help... :D

CM

Automaggin2
06-04-2003, 09:13 PM
I have a whole itenerary made up for my team for each practice, but i wont get into details.

Work on

off the break
-shooting
-getting into your bunker
-running/shooting lanes

play your bunker
-watch for lanes
-practice playing tight
-snapshoot

i could keep going, but i dont feel like giving away all my coaching strats.