PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe at 20 bps

hitech
06-02-2003, 09:51 AM
I know it's been done before with the emag, but here is my old hyperframe set at 20 bps firing full auto. It is feed with a halo B.

I had to post this after all the problems I had with this hyperframe at Nor Cal AO Day. ;)

Okay, I finally hosted the video. Here you go.

First one:
http://home.earthlink.net/~larrydela/images/hyper1.avi

Next one:
http://home.earthlink.net/~larrydela/images/hyper2.avi

FalconGuy016
06-02-2003, 09:59 AM
No! I Need to see video NOW!

xadamx
06-02-2003, 12:24 PM
gimme gimme gimme gimme! i wanna see! haha

hitech
06-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Okay, video clip number one. BTW, it's about 3.5 meg.

BajaBoy
06-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by hitech
Okay, video clip number one. BTW, it's about 3.5 meg.

wheres the links?:( or are u still at work?

Mighty Mike
06-02-2003, 02:59 PM
It would be great to see the video. My hyperframe has been sitting in the backroom of CenterFlag's Headquarters for 3 weeks now waiting for the new full auto boards!!!! I guess i should have called them to make sure if they had the new boards in stock...:mad:

MagAl
06-02-2003, 03:34 PM
If I can, waht is the point of having a full auto feature? I know the halo people made there videos shooting the guns at full auto to show how fast the hopper loads, but an for a player it doesn't make sense, scince its banned at what I believe all fields.

Lopy-slopy
06-02-2003, 03:47 PM
just for kicks and bragging right's. You can prove that your gun can shoot 20 bps. IMO there isn't that much point in shooting realy fast anyway. I think it's got to being more of a thing to brag about than an actual useful skill.

thecavemankevin
06-02-2003, 03:51 PM
well the new boards also increase the rate of fire in semi only along with numerous other new features

Hitech, is this worth it? Also, how much did you spend to have the new update, and how long did it take? Every time i called i got a different story from the centerflag people.

Mighty Mike
06-02-2003, 04:11 PM
The raccoons and possums,that eat my cat's food in the backyard, will not like the new full auto board!!:D

hitech
06-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Sorry, I don't know what happened. I started the upload and went to get the car serviced. Maybe it's too big? I probably need to find somewhere to host them (I have two different ones). Anyone want to host them?

20 bps fullauto is just to show it works. The new board allows you to set the dwell on the solenoid. It's now high enough that wear shouldn't be an issue.

It's funny, but I think I know more about the new board's application for 'mags than Centerflag does. :eek: BTW, I spent $65 on the new board. I sent in my original working board but something happened along the way and it stopped working. The board is now $75 and I believe they will still credit you $30 for your original board. I have no idea on availability, but it took about two weeks for them to get to testing mine. There was a tournament at the time and the techs. were all at it.

Jack & Coke
06-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Let me get this right... a Hyperframe can perform as well as an EMAG (20 bps capability) while only using one 9 volt battery?

wow!

Then why does AGD use such a huge noid and battery?

mag-hatter
06-02-2003, 05:50 PM
because these came out after the emag did and the noid isnt as strong as the emag one. notice hyperframes cant do 30 bps?

hitech
06-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, for one thing, reliability. The solenoid in the emag has enough power to work even when it is VERY hot. Also, the solenoid in the hyperframe has a VERY short throw. It makes getting it working MUCH more difficult. I purchased that one because the person who had it couldn't get it to work. When I had that frame on my classic, the short on/off pin was too short, the long one was too long. Small tolerance issues and it won't work.

That was my hyperframe. I have an eMag now. ;)

BajaBoy
06-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by hitech

It's funny, but I think I know more about the new board's application for 'mags than Centerflag does. :eek: BTW, I spent $65 on the new board. I sent in my original working board but something happened along the way and it stopped working. The board is now $75 and I believe they will still credit you $30 for your original board. I have no idea on availability, but it took about two weeks for them to get to testing mine. There was a tournament at the time and the techs. were all at it.

yeah really! lol i was talking to one women that seems to always be there. She was Really nice, and we talked for about 5-7mins about it. She didnt even know about the adjustibal dwell or anything but it could do 20cps, and it had more modes lol

hitech
06-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Okay, finally got the videos up. :D

Sorry, I forgot to add that the links are on the first post. See the first post for the links. :D

Crighton
06-03-2003, 02:43 PM
You forgot the link again.

Mighty Mike
06-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Hitech - WoW....that's pretty impresive!! :eek:

What kind of valve are you using??

hitech
06-03-2003, 04:19 PM
That is a plain old minimag classic valve! :D

rehme
06-03-2003, 05:35 PM
geez that looks like there is not drop off either.

why did i buy a retro valve for. lol

Grasshopper
06-03-2003, 06:29 PM
Nice mask ;)
That does look awsome. You didn't get any shootdown, or did you and I just not see it?

hitech
06-03-2003, 06:47 PM
It's hard to tell if there is any shoot down. It didn't appear to be much, but the targets were not very far away.

BTW, the hyperframe is using a plainview 9.6 volt Ni-MH battery. I wouldn't suggest using a standard 9 volt battery, even if it appeared to work.

hitech
06-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Anyone able to analyze the sound and determine the true ROF?

Jack & Coke
06-03-2003, 09:43 PM
i just got home... let me change the kid (poo poo), play a little... and then I'll take a look at it.

gimme 30 min :)

Mighty Mike
06-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Hitech, have you tried the full auto board on a warp yet?? As soon as I get my frame and new board back from CenterFlag, I was planning on putting a warp to it.

Jack & Coke
06-03-2003, 11:41 PM
:)http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

hitech
06-04-2003, 10:24 AM
J&C, thanks. It's good to know that it was actually firing close to 20bps! :D

MM, Nope, never tried it with the warp. The on/off pin was too long for my valve, but perfect for my brothers mini. It's his now, and he thinks warps are awkward. :rolleyes:

Benfica4ever
06-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Dams, thats crazy, hot much do hyper frames go for?new.

Jack & Coke
06-04-2003, 02:55 PM
I wonder if AGD would ever come out with a lower tech "E-MAG lite" verison (~$500) similar to this Hyperframe.

Just make an electro grip grame. No option for mech. or hybrid.

Electro trigger performance, but with cheaper guts (i.e. less expensive parts).

Just think AGE Electros...

$500 = E-MAG Lite (capped at 12 bps, electro only, no hybrid)
$900 = E-MAG ULE (capped at 20 bps, electro & mechanical & hybrid)
$1,300 = X-MAG (uncapped bps, electro & mechanical & hybrid, A.C.E.)

yum!:)