PDA

View Full Version : Check out my score on Aluminum Cylinders!

cphilip
06-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Had these two turned in for Disposal the other day....

One of them is a bit taller than my 80CF SCUBA tanks and is made by Luxfer. The other one is twice as tall as the first one. Must be like 100 Cubic foot and close to 200 Cubic foot and apear to be like 3600 PSI fill rated. Hydro's are 94 and 95 so I am going to have to look into that being done I think. Not sure what they are fequency wise as I still need to look up the exemption numbers.

Can someone say good shop air for teching markers in a portable lighter package? I know you can!!!

I think I even have a regulator to fit em and just need me some lines and fittings.

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD DDD!

:D

NJPaint
06-02-2003, 12:04 PM
lol

Jonno06
06-02-2003, 12:25 PM
nice score phil, how much were they?

xen_100
06-02-2003, 12:32 PM
chcek out their lifetime too. most highpressure vessels only have a 15 year life. (so you got a few years left in them)

FalconGuy016
06-02-2003, 12:53 PM
why would you throw those away? You should make sure something bad didnt happen to those

cphilip
06-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Didn't cost me anything. The people that had em wanted rid of them. And what I do is disposal of hazardous things so they came to me. Company that supplied them to these folks sold them to them with the gas and then they found they were stuck with em and didn't need them. So they gave them to me to get rid of them. They had pressure in them and one of them a good bit. But it had a tiny amount of Nitrous Oxide in the mixture (or at lest there was a sticker that claimed it did) so they had to be tested and treated for release. Which is just a matter of trapping the Nitrous as you you release the Nitrogen. I just finished doing that. The other one (the large one) turned out didn't have any Nitrous Oxide in it at all but they were not sure. The smaller one was very full and had only .001 percent Nitrous Oxide (barely detected) so it turned out to be below the treatment level. I bubbled it out anyway. Took hours to finaly finish.

But this is why they came to me with them. To find out what it was for sure and deal with it in the right way. And the company that supplied them refused to accept them back. So now I end up with two scrap metal cylinders which might pass hydro. Look like they will anyway. Very nice condition. Like new actualy. But even so, if not, some nice scrap Aluminum

Make sure? Well thats what Hydro testing is all about kiddo's! ;)

jaylock33
06-02-2003, 01:40 PM
If the hydro works out nice snag if not should still be worth a nice chunk for the aluminum.

cphilip
06-02-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by jaylock33
If the hydro works out nice snag if not should still be worth a nice chunk for the aluminum.

Yea! I just weighed them both and its 82 pounds of Aluminum alone. Thats like equivilant to 1,640 Beer cans! Take a whole weekend to make that many empty!!!! :D

AlabamaMan
06-02-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Yea! I just weighed them both and its 82 pounds of Aluminum alone. Thats like equivilant to 1,640 Beer cans! Take a whole weekend to make that many empty!!!! :D

A weekend huh? I think it may be time for an AO Intervention:rolleyes: ;) :D

Muzikman
06-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan

A weekend huh? I think it may be time for an AO Intervention:rolleyes: ;) :D

Yeah really...it should only take a Friday night...

What I find funny is that Phil knows the weight of an empty beer can:)

cphilip
06-02-2003, 02:55 PM
I have recycled many a case of beer into a case of paint... :D