PDA

View Full Version : Will AGD support my SYDARM???

Demonio
08-07-2001, 03:23 AM
I was wondering if AGD would support my Sydarm. Like for repairs and such. I just bought it used - The problem is the Trigger sticks. But doesn't stay stuck. I think it's the Power Tube Spring but they don't sell that. They have the Spacers or something like that. If I send my Sydarm will they fix it , not, or would they keep it or something. . As I'm just a regular joe that happens to own one, and they don't sell these to the general public?

X-Plosive
08-07-2001, 07:53 AM
I would say they would fix it up for you for about $45. I doubt Tom Kaye or any of his employee's would fail to return it. Webby owns a sydarm and a couple other AGD techs do to so I'd say its safe enough to send it in. If Tom Kaye did keep it I would certainly think diferently about AGD. At one time the Sydarm was marketed to the public but they weren't selling and they lost a lot of money on them.

------------------
Taking mags apart is fun, its even more fun when you don't know what you're doing

Ohh yeah and Tunaman sorry for all the stress and all the things I've broken.

*If corn oil is made of corn, what is baby oil made of?*

[This message has been edited by X-Plosive (edited 08-08-2001).]

Demonio
08-07-2001, 11:22 PM
Cool. I feel a little better about wanting to send it in. Maybe tomorrow I'll call and see what the deal is. If they keep it, I'll post it here... (but I hope the give it back)

Tpmxkidd
08-07-2001, 11:46 PM
Hey call AGD and talk to a tech named Jon. I sent my mag back cuz the body nut broke and he did everything to the gun. He even made sure all of my mods were working right. That guy is the MASTER. Thanx Jon.

AGD
08-10-2001, 12:39 AM
No we don't keep it! Boy that would be great, I wouldn't have to fix anything just keep stashing them in the back! LOL We might charge you a rebuild fee though.

AGD

SHAG
08-10-2001, 09:25 AM
Hi,

Tom, why the rebuilding fee on the Sydarm? I would figure you guys would keep that one free since there are few out in circulation. But hey I do understand business is business.

Later,
alan

------------------
Paintball cannot be that big. No one has really been able to sponsor a stock car or a race yet. (local people do not count in this case :))

irbodden
08-10-2001, 01:23 PM
They'll charge the fee depending on the problem, have you called tech. support, and try fixing it yourself?

-rick

Demonio
08-17-2001, 01:59 AM
Well that sounds helpful - I still haven't gotten a chance to call and send it in. But I'm working on it. Just need to find a whole 5 minutes to do it during the day. If I could call at night I would have done it already.
I tried to fix it myself by replacing all the O-rings and such. I don't have any extra power tube springs (the small one). That's probably the problem. But I'd have to spend $20 on it anyway. May as well go for the $45 rebuild fee (I think that's what it is) Make sure it's gonna be in tip top shape.
I'll try to call again tomorrow

Demonio
10-26-2001, 12:32 PM
:D I did eventually call and get some help. I also called about my mini-mag as well. Since I was calling AGD and all. I must say they were very helpful. Even sent me parts for free - Valve Pin for my mini and a Power Tube Spacer kit for my SydArm. But I'm still having a problem with my Sydarm. I was gonna try to call all this week but when I got to it today, the Tech Dept is closed until next week.... bummer for me. I hate when I lag. Oh well -
Anyway I guess my prob with my SydArm for sure needs to go in. For some professional TLC. I did try all the spacers and the gun went from Locking bolt to leaking down the barrel. No in-between. So much for that Idea - but it sounded good for free. I was very impressed with the fact that AGD wanted to send me a $20 kit for free. I'm sure it only costs them maybe 3 bucks to make but still... and shipping as well. Sweeet. I knew I liked AGD for more than just they're guns. Excellent Customer Service. Now all I need to do is get around to calling again.

Temo Vryce
10-26-2001, 12:56 PM
Well Welcome to the Family here. I hope that you can find the time to call AGD to get your Sidearm fixed. It's a nice little marker and I'm sure that a lot of the users here are a little jealous of the fact that you have one and they don't. :)

Demonio
10-26-2001, 05:41 PM
Thanks Temo,
Can you believe that I got it for only $250 a few months ago.... I was so stoked at the price. It just a came with that little problem.

By the way - I totally did your logo.

Demonio
02-06-2002, 02:16 AM
Well - I finally go my SydArm sent in to AGD in early December. Since the Holiday were coming up I knew it would take a while. But at least I knew it was at AGD and not on my things to do list. I just received my gun today and I'm so stoked. Finally it's in tip top shape and I can't wait to go play with it. :D Thanks AGD -