PDA

View Full Version : Loaning out my mag

Jazzman
06-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Well, a friend of mine has somehow managed to royally screw up his GZ Timmy, and so I'm letting him use my classic mag for the day. So, he'll be going from an anti-chop, double trigger electro to my classic valve, level 7, single trigger mag. What do you think will happen when he starts flailing away at the trigger?

This brings up an interesting point. Does having level 10 or an anti-chop eye in effect "spoil" your fingers? Or is shooting a mag like riding a bike, once you learn the trigger you'll rarely short stroke?

logamus
06-02-2003, 06:13 PM
i think a mag trigger is not something you just "know". he will most likely chop quit abit in the early goings, but i imagine a seasoned player will get the hang of it by the end of the day.

SlipknotX556
06-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Well tell me what he did to screw up his GZ, I might be of some help.

devingoode
06-02-2003, 06:42 PM
you dont have LvL 10??? Stupid guy.

Jazzman
06-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Must... suppress... urge... to... flame.....

I'm trying to keep my classic mag as classic as possible. Since I chop maybe a ball per case, I'll hold off on the Level 10 until I get my RT Pro.

As far as my friend's GZ goes, it's pretty straight forward. Gas leak down the barrel, gets worse when the bolt is pushed forward. My guess is the cup seal, but he doesn't have a parts kit for it.

xadamx
06-03-2003, 09:54 PM
i never chopped a ball with my level 7, i dont know why but a mag trigger is just easy for me to shoot

Jazzman
06-05-2003, 03:54 PM
The official results:

1 case, no chops.

Not too shabby for a Level 7 classic with a benchmark single trigger.

I'll have my buddy shopping for e-mags before the summer is out. :D

SlipknotX556
06-05-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Jazzman
Must... suppress... urge... to... flame.....

I'm trying to keep my classic mag as classic as possible. Since I chop maybe a ball per case, I'll hold off on the Level 10 until I get my RT Pro.

As far as my friend's GZ goes, it's pretty straight forward. Gas leak down the barrel, gets worse when the bolt is pushed forward. My guess is the cup seal, but he doesn't have a parts kit for it.

Just tell him to order a black magic cupseal, no special parts are needed to fix it. Just allen wrenches and needle nose plyers.

Curly
06-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556

Just tell him to order a black magic cupseal, no special parts are needed to fix it. Just allen wrenches and needle nose plyers.

Yup... Once he has a blackmagic cup seal it will outlast him.