PDA

View Full Version : RT reg removal?

DroopyTheBacker
06-02-2003, 07:29 PM
I've recently had an idea about removing the dump chamber/regulator on my X-Valve and making it so I can screw it on to an inline reg and use it on say a cocker so I can have the RT effect on a cocker trigger (after some modding in there too) and the awesome recharge rates but on the butter trigger pull my cocker has. Any suggestions? Would this even work?

Brak
06-02-2003, 08:47 PM
i doubt it, its not nearly that simple. it is just a valve anyway, and it the RT effect is a little thing pushing the trigger back. if you really wanted you could mill out a space for it in a cocker, but then youd just have a mag in a cocker body, and somehow you might be able to do it, but it would be VERY VERY hard.

DroopyTheBacker
06-02-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm just looking for the really smooth cocker pull on the first stroke but an RT return, so the first stroke wouldn't feel like mag, I haven't seen any mag pull that felt like a cocker. I've had some people tell me there would be no room in the frame for a trigger rod. Any thoughts?

nicad
06-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by DroopyTheBacker
... Any suggestions? Would this even work?
no..

word was that Bud Orr's son built a cocker with a reactive trigger, but it had nothing to do with a mag. It was more like the Tippman's reactive trigger setup.

Mags have a reactive trigger effect due to the pressure differences on the on/off pin while the trigger is held in.
No other marker (that I know of) uses a design like this, so the concept is not transferable.

WickeDKlowN
06-10-2003, 01:19 AM
There was a cocker that someone built a while back with a reactive trigger. But I dont think it used the same concept as the RT.

It hink there might be a vid or something floating around, do a search or somethiong.

Edit: nicad beat me to it

Dave
06-10-2003, 02:58 PM
just check out Punisher's Customs. He put a pneumatic (cocker) trigger on a mag.

-Dave

shinobidice
06-10-2003, 07:02 PM
the mag uses an on off to push the trigger back, thats whats reactive, the cocker uses springs to mve the on off

nerobro
06-11-2003, 11:55 AM
*ahem* Some clarity to the situation

The RT reg only provides RT trigger effect due to the design of the on/off and the ability for the reg to dump line pressure into the AIR chamber. You feel the RT effect because the trigger spring on the mag IS a piston driven by air pressure.

So, putting this reg on a cocker would give you a rightously fast recharging cocker, but it wouldn't do anything for the trigger pull.

Now, you want a cocker wih a "reactive" trigger pull. There are a coupple ways of doing it. Palmer has demonstrated a RT trigger blazer. And Boston Paintball Supply has made, and will still make reflex cockers. These guns work by placing a ram behind the trigger. The REflex guns have no trigger spring, just the ram, so they can be a little contakerous, but they will give you the feel you're looking for. And Full auto if you crank up teh trigger bleed screw far enough ;-)

I think you may find happiness in your trigger if you just play with your trigger springs. Heavier hammer springs give you harder but snappier trigger pull. Changing the shape of the sear can provide you with a lot of tuning posiablitys, same wit changing the shape of the sear lug. A round lug end will make he sear release softer, as will a shallower angle on the sear. Polishing or getting berring sears can also provide youwith a smoother and bouncier trigger pull.

Or... you coudl link a trigger spring to the hammer, so that as soon as the hammer drops it makes the trigger heavier ;-) but that woudl require some more thought.

magmonkey
06-23-2003, 07:10 AM
If you want the rt effect on a cocker check with boston paintball supply

they make a drop in kit called a reflex that will do what you want

nerobro
06-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Mmmmmmm reflex cocker. Sex in autococker form....

Problem with the reflex is that it's for all intents and purposes, full auto.