PDA

View Full Version : lvl x power tube

xmagnut
06-02-2003, 08:53 PM
I recently purchase 2 xmags. less then a month old. both the power tube tips broke. my velocity is sent at 280 and I am using the middle spring. is this common? also tonight I noticed that the plastic washer for the bolt was shredded. Is any of this under warranty? I did order 2 power tube tips today thinking I would have a spare..But I don't now. How you can help me make this guns work:confused: :(

xmagnut
06-02-2003, 09:01 PM
I did notice that the part that hold the bolt spring screws in and out? o no. where does this need to be set at? I think that may be why my power tube tips broke. Do I dare lock tight these? if so Why where they not lock tighted before? thanks for any help and replacement parts.

BlackVCG
06-03-2003, 02:34 AM
Hey there! Welcome to AO.

How are the PT tips breaking? Are they physically cracking?

That washer for the bolt spring needs to be fully tightened into the mainbody and loctited with Loctite 271 High Strength. You should probably send them to AGD to be looked over and get those washers locked in place. They'll replace all of that stuff under warranty.

xmagnut
06-03-2003, 05:06 PM
the tips are actually breaking in two. Right where the oring goes. I did order new ones but it sounds like I better send them in. I did really need it for our tourney this weekend but if they can make them work right I think that would be better then an Angel

xmagnut
06-03-2003, 10:16 PM
I emailed airgun for returning my xmag. I looked at them and only one is loose. but both power tube tips are broken. the part I am talking about goes between the bolt spring and the warp feed module. It does screw all the way through the main body. The bumper is completly gone from the gun. It was shredded. But my other xmag sometimes just spits a ball out 25-35 fps and the rest of the shots are around 275-285 fps. do you have any help for this or should I send this one in too?

BlackVCG
06-03-2003, 10:25 PM
I can service them for you if you'd like. It sounds to me like they just need some minor tweaks to get them back into shape. I'm an AGD tech, but I don't work at the factory. I've done quite a few E-Mag repairs for guys here on the forums, and everyone has been happy with my work. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I think I can probably get them back in shape faster than AGD can since they've got their hands full with a lot of things.

AndrewGore(OTB)
06-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey,
You can send it to me, I'll send you my rippin emag and we'll call it even ;) (sorry about takin it off topic there........its late and i <3 xmags...hehe)

Andrew

xmagnut
06-04-2003, 05:10 PM
email me at budmandalejr8@yahoo.com and will talk about repairs. You are an authorized AG tech? and you do warranty work?