PDA

View Full Version : ROF Analysis: SPEED vs Viking

Jack & Coke
06-02-2003, 10:14 PM
FYI

I was requested by P4ULuk to make a ROF Analysis of the following clip:

http://www.paintballarizona.com/pictures/misc/Speed/speed2.mpg

NOTE:

- This DOES NOT indicate the MAX ROF of the SPEED and VIKING.

- It only shows how fast this particular person can walk his fingers on the SPEED vs Viking.

- The echo of the paint striking the wall was noted and ignored.

- This dude seems to be much more comfortable shooting his Viking.

- Both guns are fast :)

SlipknotX556
06-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Geez J&C, you are always doing analysis... Want to do one with a 2k2, X-mag? :)

But thanks for the info on the two ROF, I was wondering what was shooting faster in that video.

beefstew
06-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Hey JnC
Not to bug you or anything, but is there anyway you could do the video of rodney from dynasty shooting the speed as a demo that they have over at fon? it sounds fast but how fast could it be if the evo keeps up?
Thanks
Phil

Automaggin2
06-02-2003, 10:34 PM
Ahhh is this the dude with that beautiful yellow/orange Featherlite viking

minimag187
06-02-2003, 10:35 PM
I can get 16 or more on my ir3, according to the chronos and the max rate of fire my gun is set to, and also timing it. I also have a sweet-sweet trigger job =). You can probably redo the tirgger or give it a job on the speed and shoot much faster.

logamus
06-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
- This dude seems to be much more comfortable shooting his Viking.

- Both guns are fast :)
i concur, his effort on the viking is most impressive.

Jack & Coke
06-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Post a link. I'll take a peek at it when I can... :)

Originally posted by SlipknotX556

Want to do one with a 2k2, X-mag? :)

YES!

I'm still waiting for someone to provide a video clip of someone "walking" thr trigger of and E-MAG (or X-MAG) fast.

So far, none exists.

If you can "walk" the E- trigger of a mag fast, please record a video so I can analyze it.

Remember this thread?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84666

Blazestorm
06-03-2003, 12:39 AM
I can walk my cocker :D

Not very fast.. but its still walking :D

P4ULuk
06-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Cheers,
:D

Paul
:)

Mr Pink
06-03-2003, 05:34 AM
Hey Paul, Isn't it time you updated your sig? ;)

'Cos Vikings Rock!:D :p

beefstew
06-03-2003, 06:27 AM
Damn, I just traded my Xmag, and i forgot about doing a video for you. I could walk that 15-16. The trigger was amazing. In anycase,
Speed Vid if you have time:
Link to speed vid (direct) (http://www.forceofnature.com/video/speedvid.wmv)
Also the NYX matrix vid i was wondering about.
Link to page with video (http://homepage.mac.com/alle/iMovieTheater7.html)

If mossman has time and a camera, i think he is pretty damn fast...
Thanx
Phil

SlipknotX556
06-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
Post a link. I'll take a peek at it when I can... :)

YES!

I'm still waiting for someone to provide a video clip of someone "walking" thr trigger of and E-MAG (or X-MAG) fast.

So far, none exists.

If you can "walk" the E- trigger of a mag fast, please record a video so I can analyze it.

Why dont we ask tom, if he has the time, to make a video of him walking an X mag. Then we take a 2.02, or WASed 2k2, have you get an analysis on who is faster.

Lopy-slopy
06-03-2003, 09:36 PM
You can definatly see that he was much smother on the viking. On the speed it was more choppy.

xadamx
06-03-2003, 10:00 PM
hes obviously used to the viking more. never did love angel triggers too much myself :D

P4ULuk
06-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Mr Pink

Everything in my sig is still correct!:)

Paul

breg
06-09-2003, 07:18 AM
AHHH!!!! How refreshing!!!!!!! It's nice to see someone do a review of two different markers and remain objective.
In honor, I think I'll go have a real Jack and Coke!!! (Read 70% Jack, 30% coke)

P4ULuk
06-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Mr Pink

Hell, why not!

Paul

digitard
06-09-2003, 10:37 AM
The person in question (the owner of PBAZ) is my teammate ...

With his trigger finger on a viking he can rip amazingly fast ... I've been laned by him before because you cant outrun his stream of paint... he'll go through a full Halo B just during the first few seconds of laning'.

He currently owns a few Vikings ... One of our other teamates has a SPEED, he actually put it back in the box and bought 2 vikings because he was able to rip a bit faster on a viking.

I was using his PBX Viking last weekend (i sold my marker so he's letting me borrow his) and with the Razor trigger I was getting between 13-15bps ... now I cant walk a trigger, so I was throwin' some good streams of paint with it, and he's MUCH quicker than me.

We've seen him actually get a Halo B to skip a shot before ...lol... In the LA 3man tourny a few weeks ago the Ref's all thought he was shooting full auto and questioned him because of how fast it is.

I'll get you a video of him firing to see....

Okay, that had nothing to do w/ your analysis but I figured I'd just let ya know :)

Dave