PDA

View Full Version : RTpro -vs- Ule custom mag

David9862
06-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Is there any advantage to buying a complete RTPro over building a custom mag? The RTPro cost about $750 and building a custom mag would cost just about as much or less.

X-Valve = $325.00
Ule Body = $145.00
Intelliframe = $115.00
Body Rail = $40.00 (stock automag or Omega)
front screw = $1.00
field strip scew = $8.00

Total w/o barrel = $634.00

Leaves $116 for a barrel. I'm not sure if the RTPro comes with the LX or not, if it doesn't then the RTPro will cost $835 and that leaves $201 for a barrel.

AlabamaMan
06-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Well you would need some other little parts too. Such as a rail bushing, and some screws, and a front grip.

I'm pretty sure all the new RT-Pros are coming as RTX-Pro's. They should have an X-valve and lvlX standard.

yeahthatsme
06-02-2003, 11:25 PM
your math seems a bit off, you say the ule will be 614 leaving 116 for barrel, yet the rt will be 835 leaving 201 for the barrl, that doesnt work out to the same amount... and yes the rt comes with level 10 now...

i'd say GO ULE....

Kai
06-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan
Well you would need some other little parts too. Such as a rail bushing, and some screws, and a front grip.

I'm pretty sure all the new RT-Pros are coming as RTX-Pro's. They should have an X-valve and lvlX standard.

He is comparing the price of the RT with the price of a ULE mag.

If the RTPro costs $835 (him buying LX), then in order to match the price of a ULE with the RT, he can still spend $201 on a barrel.

$634 + $201 = $835.

Mossman
06-03-2003, 02:33 AM
I'd build it personally. Don't forget a vert adapter and foregrip if you want it, rail bushing, and a drop/air setup, besides that you're right on the money

Tunaman
06-03-2003, 05:04 AM
A sear and pin would really help too...:D

jaylock33
06-03-2003, 07:16 AM
Did I just get lucky because my X Valve came with the sear and sear pin. So I was under the impression that all of them came that way am I wrong?

AFRaven
06-03-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm in the same boat. I am in the mag market, and I am debating whether to build a custom (mostly used parts) or buy a used mag complete.

AlabamaMan
06-03-2003, 11:05 AM
For that kind of money you could also pick up a used E-mag.

cphilip
06-03-2003, 11:19 AM
No matter what you do you would not end up with the same Sear type and rail type as the RT pro has... but also remember the RTP comes with a Bottom ASA and SS lines and elbows. Plus foregrip which was metioned. And yes it comes with Level 10. All X Valved equiped markers do. And the street price is about 700 for one... thats you Biggest error in figuring the thing out. Heck the MSRP is only $750. And when the Aluminum bodies come out on them I do not expect to see very much rise in the cost. SS bodies are expensive to make realy. So figure maybe 20 buck more or something? If any at all...

Plus the rail allows some dress up stuff like the site rail and RT foregrip and forgrip mounting "rack". You wont get that on a regular rail. Nor the parts either.

So no your not going to build a complete marker like an RTP for the same money you can buy an RTP for. The RTP is a heck of a deal. And one heckuva nice working piece of equipment. Highly underated for all you get for that money. I do not think you can do better...

Tom is like Crazy Al on the pricing of that marker. It's worth every penny he is asking for it. :D

Lesman
06-03-2003, 08:36 PM
I almost hate to post this because these guys get really bad press on the boards here but you can get an RTPRO at paintballgear.com for $540 and yes it is the newer stock so it has a Level 10 included. That is where I bought mine and they managed not to screw it up.

mrkbik
06-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Lesman
I almost hate to post this because these guys get really bad press on the boards here but you can get an RTPRO at paintballgear.com for $540 and yes it is the newer stock so it has a Level 10 included. That is where I bought mine and they managed not to screw it up.

Here is a link: http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-1061.html

Marek
06-04-2003, 12:04 AM
I don't know why, but everytime I here the word Custom, I picture purty milling and cool looking anno. Oh well.

Go for the RTPro if you want a mecha marker. Like someone mentioned, definately worth its price.