PDA

View Full Version : Conflict: Desert Storm

Johnny_Reb
06-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Hey all I bought CDS for GameCube because I needed a nice shooter for GC, but I have a little problem, ITS HARD!! I heard some nice things about the game and how fun it was but I'm embarrased to say that I'm stuck on the first level:(

Either Im really bad or this game is really hard, so can yall help me with this:)

TigerMan
06-03-2003, 08:52 PM
I just rented it, so I'm going to see how it's for me. I'll post and say how my luck is with it.

eric
06-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah I had trouble with the first level when i got this game. Once you get through that, and then you get used to controlling the whole squad, it gets lots easier.

I am currently stuck on this POW level cause when i free them they dont wait to follow me, the just run and get shot.

logamus
06-03-2003, 10:06 PM
i rented it when it first came out because socom was all rented (ps2 player here) and it was the hardest damn game i have played. harder to control than max payne imho. i am waiting to try hulk, it looks really fun.

TigerMan
06-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Just did complete the first level, yeah it's one of the harder games I've played. Definately do the Basic training and all that if you haven't already, as it really does help. The hardest part for me is controlling the squad and remembring what does what. And also a tip, try and reload when you get down to near zero on the magazines, as when you reload, it doesn't save your ammo, it just goes by magazines so you lose that ammo.

Johnny_Reb
06-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Just beat the first level:D I didnt know there was medkits.... Hey logamus I probly wouldnt get Hulk, its based on a movie, which means it will most likely suck. But then again EA's Two Towers was fun.

TigerMan
06-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_Reb
Just beat the first level:D I didnt know there was medkits....

Yeah those medkits are lifesavers, literally. :D It's cool that you can revive your squad members with them. Be sure to spread all your weaponary and medkits evenly though too.

I'm definately starting to get the hang of the game, I'm on the Patriotic Defense level.

TigerMan
06-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by litestab
gamecube sucks guys, get an X box.

That's just ignorant. I bet you think your cool. :rolleyes: Get out of this thread. We're aren't even discussing systems, just games. :rolleyes:

ShooterJM
06-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah CDS is pretty tough. I think I'm only on level 3 or 4. Fun though. Anyone play commando or commandos or something like that. It's on the PS2. Freakin impossible. Makes controlling the squad in CDS look like playing mario brothers. It's horrible!

litestab
06-04-2003, 08:13 PM
no i don't think i'm " cool " but really, give it a try you won't go back.

Johnny_Reb
06-04-2003, 09:48 PM
^^^ I also have a PS2, most of Xbox's games are on PS2 so I Dont really see the need to buy an Xbox.