PDA

View Full Version : Any probs with a HALO on an RT?

tash030
06-03-2003, 05:56 PM
OK. I use have an automag classic with a Halo hopper. It seems that the hopper is so fast and forceful on the balls that the gun doublefeeds every shot. This gets really annoying and makes me look like im shootin my friends Tigershark pump with brass eagles. I was thinkin about sellin the Halo, gettin a Revy and an XValve. But i wouldnt mind keepin the Halo and using it with an Xvalve, but not if it doublefeeds as much. So does anyone have any experience with using an RT or XValve with a Halo? And if so, does the LVL 10 help alot with double ball feeding?

lloyd_kinky
06-03-2003, 11:03 PM
The Double Feeding is all in your ball detent, or nubbin on a mag. First, make sure it's in the gun. The 2 o-rings that secure the barrel in the body also hold the nubbin it the milled groove in the barrel. Try the V-type wires, or maybe the plastic kind. Use new o-rings, too.

The valve should have no effect on feeding. I use a Halo B on my classic and retro, no probs. Check your nubbin dude.

Parker

tash030
06-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Well i was out in the woods with my friends one day, and i had my Halo on. Almost every shot was a double ball feed, and this wasnt the only time this has occurred. So i switched to a normal 5 dollar Viewloader and, well, no double ball feeding. Ive read other comments by people and they seem to double ball feed with their Halo on a classic valve too. I just dont wanna have the same problem when im shooting the faster Xvalve at the normal Classic speed. Im just gonna get a Revy i guess.

Dayspring
06-04-2003, 12:58 PM
It's your barrel nubbins. They aren't preventing the double feeding. The nubbins are cheap and easy to change.

Frank (the spank)
06-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Exactly..

What does a barrel nubin do? - Prevent double feeding

What is the problem you are having? - Double feeding.

If it is plastic, tape the portion that sticks out and touches the body, that will make the nubin stiffer inside the barrel. If it's a wire nubin, bend it in.

The Halo is a force feed hopper, your numbins aren't strong enough to keep the ball in place under the force of the Halo.

tash030
06-04-2003, 01:58 PM
At first, i was sceptical about the nubbins, because its a brand new never been used RT barrel. I know the Halo is a forceful hopper, and i didnt know that i had to adjust the plastic nubbins for it. I guess ill just bend em in more and see what happens. Thanks alot guys

lloyd_kinky
06-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Again tho, the Valve(classic vs RT) is totally unrealated to your double feeding problem.