coolcatpete
06-03-2003, 07:00 PM
how do you find the sweet spot in the x-valve and is it easy to find

FalconGuy016
06-03-2003, 07:06 PM
You have to keep shooting it until you find it, try long strings of fire

magman007
06-03-2003, 07:09 PM
how about you dont worry about doing it, as its people who do do it that get agd markers almost banned from tournies. dont go trying to sweet spot, ok?

Jack & Coke
06-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Adjustable air tank:

option 1. STOCK on/off pin (.750) -> 1,000-1,100 input pressure

option 2. MODIFIED on/off pin -> 850-900 psi

option 2 = NOT RECOMMENDED

Quad o-ring helps too... but not nesseary.

elpimpo
06-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by magman007
how about you dont worry about doing it, as its people who do do it that get agd markers almost banned from tournies. dont go trying to sweet spot, ok?

why not. he should be able to do it. it's not his fault that its easy to rip on a mag. thats no offence but one of the gayest things ive ever heard

mrkbik
06-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Actually, it is not "gay" what he said. Mags are almost banned because sweet spotting the trigger will simulate a full-auto mode. Full-auto modes are not allowed. I agree with what magman said.

elpimpo
06-03-2003, 09:33 PM
thats like handing a kid an angel and saying dont rip on this just shoot it one ball at a time

elpimpo
06-03-2003, 10:00 PM
screw it use it all the time. nobodies going to do anything about it

~WarpedRT#2~
06-03-2003, 10:00 PM
Forget him, GO FOT THE SWEET SPOT!!! It's a very rewarding experience when you do find it. I found it on my old RT by accident, I just lightly brushed my fingers over the side of the trigger, and before I knew wht happeend, the gun rattled off like 8 or 9 rounds. My girlfriend found it on my E-Mag after only 2 shots. :eek:

What you should do is, when you find it, dont tell anyone about it. I've had refs come over to me to see if I was full auto and he pulls the trigger, and get a single shot. Nothing he can do, but hand my gun back and say "play on". I dont recommend this in normal play, but it is fun to use from time to time.

mrkbik
06-03-2003, 10:14 PM
If you are ok with being a cheater in paintball, then by all means go for the sweet spot. Otherwise, it is not legal.

FooTemps
06-03-2003, 10:14 PM
You have to find the sweet spot... Just don't turn up your velocity or it'll be really easy to sweet spot and you'll get in trouble. If you get caught then ouch. You'll probably not be seeing that field for a while.
Sweetspotting also gives mags a pretty bad reputation since people think that the RTP is just like the tippmann RT when you sweetspot. The RTP isn't supposed to be a cheap means of full auto. I reccomend against it but it's still fun to shoot like that. Just don't rely on sweetspotting too much or you might find yourself in a bind when they check for sweetspotting.

Steelrat
06-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Magman007:

He can do anything he likes. He didn't sepcify tourney, rec, or anything. He just asked how to do it. It seems to be a part of AGD markers, and is something we will have to live with. Its up to the tournament players to restrict their use.

Frankly, I found the response to an innocent question rude and unnecessary. If you have concerns, please voice them in a civil manner, and everyone can discuss the matter.

FooTemps
06-03-2003, 10:33 PM
No need to get mad... I was just trying to caution him. I'm not calling sweetspotting stupid or anything. It's damn fun IMO. But still, it's a bit risky sometimes. That's all I'm tryin to say.

mrkbik
06-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo
thats like handing a kid an angel and saying dont rip on this just shoot it one ball at a time

Since you are not allowed to use full auto modes, semi auto IS, by definition, shooting one ball at a time.

Steelrat
06-03-2003, 10:41 PM
I messed that up. My post was directed at magman007. I can see where my post could easily have been seen as applying to your post.

And despite that, you handled your response maturely and diplomatically. I salute you!

I will modify my post now.

FooTemps
06-03-2003, 10:45 PM
oops... hahaha, Yeah, I see how that applies. Thanks for pointing out it was just a misunderstanding.

A lot of people on AO are protective of the mag's rep so that's why so many people here are anti-sweetspot just to put that out there.

Dayspring
06-03-2003, 11:05 PM
FYI- the reactive kick was a side effect of AGD rerouting the air flow. In a classic mag, the on/off pin is exposed to regulated air pressure. (about 400psi) The ReTro valves are exposing the on/off pin to FULL tank output pressure. That's why A) it's ready to fire immediately and B) the trigger gets kicked back out.

Sweetspotting puts undue wear and tear on the valve & firing components- namely the sear and bolt. The more you do it, the more those parts will wear and you may end up with an uncontrollable gun or it may not work at all.

Just remember- Tippmann DESIGNED for their trigger to go into that full-auto "sweetspot." And it uses gas to do it. Thing sucks air like soda... AGD had it as a side effect.

Yes. Sweetspotting will get you pulled for full auto on the fields. And you'll most likely be disallowed from playing. So Magman007 was correct in telling you NOT to do it.

Jerhew
06-03-2003, 11:44 PM
AGD considers the "sweetspot" a malfunction.

it's not recommended as it will damage the gun as Dayspring already mentioned
i don't think they'll warantee parts damaged in this way(abuse)
not to mention that it's really not all that useful and it's also illegal on most, if not all, insured fields

need any other reasons not to?

reefer madness
06-04-2003, 12:40 AM
i used to be able to do it almost every time with my rt and stock bolt but when i got lx in there it dosnt run away at all. so if ya got lx you may not be able to as easy

mrkbik
06-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Well since he is asking about doing it with an X valve, he does have level 10.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-04-2003, 10:25 AM
While it is fun, they are right, it does damage yoru gun. It did it so ealsily on my old RT, that after a while, anyone could do it, and soon, it did it on every trigger pull. I sent it into AGD and they replaced the sear for free, since it was the old Carbide kind (they were replacing them anyway).