PDA

View Full Version : New emags

FalconGuy016
06-03-2003, 08:30 PM
What do brand new emags ship with these days? The "Emax" valve I heard? Is that just an alluminum valve? How about ULE stuff?

Thanks

Im deciding whether I should buy a used emag or save up for a new cool one :)

EsPo
06-03-2003, 08:32 PM
i know they come with emax valves cause a guy at my field had one.. so they must, cause im guessing they dont sell just emax valves.. it looks really nice.

FalconGuy016
06-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Cool, what about the more hazy part, ULE parts?
Edit: Any word on if the ULE bodies will make it on emags anytime soon?

rehme
06-03-2003, 11:08 PM
i dont think they are going to put the ule bodies on them intill they are out of the old stuff. but they also come with the ule grip frame but they dont have the ule rail.

AcemanPB
06-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Will E-mags come with all ULE parts soon? I was thinking about a year timeframe??

demonguy8
06-04-2003, 06:19 AM
if emags came with all Ule parts theres no way in heck id waste money on an Xmag.... just my $.02

G-Rock
06-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by demonguy8
if emags came with all Ule parts theres no way in heck id waste money on an Xmag.... just my $.02

Your loss!!! Over half my team has Emags, I had one also, till I got my X-mag in. It rips, and ever guy on my team has used it and already talking about selling their emags off and getting an X-mag when they become more available.

Chris Geiger

AlabamaMan
06-04-2003, 09:34 AM
E-mags are coming with ULE grip famres and standard rails.

Hexis
06-04-2003, 12:38 PM
G-Rock, please describe how a EMag and XMag are fundamentally different.

TippmannMan
06-04-2003, 12:45 PM
i dont know about you guys but im coming on to my e-mag :) seriously if somebody offered to trade their brand new x-mag for my e-mag i would say no thanks. i hope AGD doesnt plan to phase out stainless steel e-mags

G-Rock
06-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Hexis
G-Rock, please describe how a EMag and XMag are fundamentally different.

Well I am not no scientist, I will just post what I have noticed.

1st, The trigger feels different in the X-mag, doesn't seem quite as stiff. Yes I had the same setup on both, 1 magnet and one o-ring. Just seems to flow nicer.

2nd, X-mag is light, yeah I have read the threads where a complete ULE E-mag is like 2 ounces lighter or something like that. But the x-mag looks better in my honest opinion.

3rd, Different software. My X-mag with ace on can be set at 24 sps, while with Ace off it is only 16 sps. Now the Emag can only go to 16 sps.

4th, ACE, love it man. Yes Lvl10 theoretically eliminates chops, but we have all seen where once you wear an oring out, or it isn't set right, or just barely nips a ball it chops. Well with ACE, the dang thing won't shoot if there ain't no ball on the sensor.

5th, Adjustable ACE. No other marker has this as far as I know.

6th, Cocker threading seems to be more accurate. I have the xmag, and a team mate of mine has the deadlycoard body. I say that the cocker barrels are more accurate then the twist lock, and I know he has gotten more accurate. Yes I had the twist lock on the Freak before the cocker one.

7th, X-mag, just a cool name, and not that many peeps have them.

Now this is all I just noticed as I have shot both. I am sure someone will get on here and say well with this theory to everything I have said. Science aside, this is what I have noticed.

Now don't get me wrong, if you aint got the money for a X-mag, get the ULE Emag. But if you got the extra dough, get the X-mag, you won't regret it man.

Chris Geiger

jwren00
06-04-2003, 02:15 PM
where the heck are people getting new emags with ule rails then? i know people have them, so where are they getting them?

Benfica4ever
06-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Cool, what about the more hazy part, ULE parts?
Edit: Any word on if the ULE bodies will make it on emags anytime soon?
I would love for the e-mags to come with ule's
I think that e-mags look real nice with ule's and no rises

Dayspring
06-04-2003, 02:23 PM
The colored emags are coming with the ULE rails. Or, you can buy them un-anno'd from AGD and polish & anno them yourself. (That's what I did for my Emag.)

As for the stainless RT Valves- yup. AFAIK they are on their way out. They don't even make them anymore.

And yes, mags will start coming with ULE parts standard when AGD gets rid of their backstock parts.

ALSO- Tom is going to be making a lower end marker using these SS parts. (How you can lower end a mag I don't know.)

Originally posted by jwren00
where the heck are people getting new emags with ule rails then? i know people have them, so where are they getting them?

~WarpedRT#2~
06-04-2003, 03:00 PM
First off, even if cocker threads gave you more accuracy, who cares?? With an X mag, you are going to rip away and toss the whole accuracy thing in the trash can. Who needs accuracy on a speedball field when you have sheer volume?? And it isnt like front guys have the time to sit there and sight in someone and plink the with one shot.

FalconGuy016
06-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by ~WarpedRT#2~
First off, even if cocker threads gave you more accuracy, who cares?? With an X mag, you are going to rip away and toss the whole accuracy thing in the trash can. Who needs accuracy on a speedball field when you have sheer volume?? And it isnt like front guys have the time to sit there and sight in someone and plink the with one shot.

It makes a difference... when all you see is the tip of their mask. Those are the shots that count

Btw, the internals of an emag and xmag are the same, if you notice a difference it will be because the emag has been used more maybe or they refined their manufacturing process a little. Or just plain luck, but the xmags are just very nice milling and ACE packed on top of an emag.