PDA

View Full Version : docs barrel adapter

TippmannMan
06-03-2003, 08:44 PM
has anybody reviewed theirs yet? doc kudos on the most excellent product. i was very impressed. first of all i was simply impressed by the instructions included and the two business cards he packed in the parcel :) very cool i put one in my wallet. and as for the adapter it was extremely easy to install. i got to fire it today and it is awesome. its great unscrewing your barrel at the pro shop and then suddenly slowly going "hey... wait a minute thats not right" ;) the only problem i had was the barrel would sometimes unscrew itself (never had an autococker barrel) but that was easily fixed with an o-ring. im sure that applies to all autococker barrels so doc is not to blame at all. i was very pleased to do business with you doc i am looking forward to the next occasion. once again great product

Carbon
06-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Just Sent my MO today, its otw to Alaska, Alaska?!

Anyway im curious on how the nubins work on that thing. Is it a custom Doc Nickle only nubin or can i jury rig one my self using the current AGD plastic nubins?

How is the adapter set in there?

Can u "convert" a cocker barrel to a mag barrel. I mean being able to 1/4 turn or quick-twist a cocker threaded barrel with the adapter attached to the barrel?

I dig the speed of the quicktwist but want the selection of of barrels

thnx

TippmannMan
06-03-2003, 09:51 PM
the nubbins are actually very common according to doc (which im sure they are) im going by memory but i believe the instructions mentioned that they are actually spyder nubbins. i guess technically you could make one out of an AGD plastic nubbin but maybe after you melted it down and had the specific mold ;) so in other words not feasible. the adapter comes with a nubbin tho and its taped on which i thought was a good idea just in case people complained they lost theirs. you basically seperate the main body from the rail, drop in the adapter and reassemble.

as for conversion i dont think you could do that because you would need some method of twist lock. instead of the twist lock groove its just the locking pin hole. you will see when you get yours. also its not very hard to change barrel types.

Halliday
06-03-2003, 10:01 PM
I got mine today. It took longer to read the detailed insructions than to install it. Seems well made and when it's installed it's hidden in my No-Rise body. I was worried it would stick out. Hope I'll get to test it out more this weekend.

I wish those business cards were stickers!

Carbon
06-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Sweetness! Im thinking 2 weeks shipping time via usps? If not oh well.

Now, its on to look for a Evil 12in. pipe kit.

slushee
06-03-2003, 10:53 PM
eheh .. no wonder Doc's a polar bear in his cartoon ...

ALASKA!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and i sent my MO late last week .. now to find myself a boomstick :D

TippmannMan
06-03-2003, 11:39 PM
sorry too lazy to do the memory recall :p its definitely less than two weeks. i ordered it the day they came out and i got it on monday june 2. so if you find out when he got em that should be your answer. also consider they dont deliver on sundays so thats minus one day off your wait.

theraidenproject
06-04-2003, 10:52 AM
I got mine yesterday. Install was a snap. I'm waiting on my Scepter kit in the mail to test it out. Oh yea, and air for my tank. That might be important, too.

PRPB
06-04-2003, 11:10 AM
How much longer does this adapter make the barrel?

Carbon
06-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Well the adapter sets in appx 1/2 inside the body, so i guess a 1/2 shorter than the length of your curent barrel.

akscubainst
06-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Hey, Don't pick on us Alaska guys! Seriously, our mail is delivered in about the same amount of time as everyone else does. In fact Priority Mail will usually get here faster or at the same time as UPS 2 day or Fedex.

Funny thing is that with my Scuba business, Sherwood Scuba always puts a Customs Declaration on the packages. We've tried to explain that we're really part of the US but they just can't get it.

DM

www.thescubatank.com

Tourist getting off a cruise ship in Juneau, AK "Wow look at the mountains!! How high are we about sea level?" Local person in response: "We'll lets see, It's high tide and we're standing on the dock so I would say 10 feet"

Duke Henry
06-04-2003, 11:50 AM
I mailed my MO last Thursday night, via Xpresspost so it should arrive at Doc's any day now, perhaps it already has?

I will look forward to trying this puppy in the new Emag I just ordered this morning as well.

This will help me decide on a new barrel system for the eventual ULE body I will want to order...

TippmannMan
06-04-2003, 12:27 PM
PRPB the barrel extension is minimal though i would guess it extends the barrel about 1 and 1/2 inches.

sorry carbon i didnt understand your post :p maybe its too early...

Evil Bob
06-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Got mine last night as well, it's a very nice piece of hardware, definitely worth the $45.

-Evil Bob

BTAutoMag
06-04-2003, 01:08 PM
got what? is it a cocker barrel to mag thread insert?

Evil Bob
06-04-2003, 01:20 PM
You been living under a rock for the past 6 months BT? There have been half a dozen posts on this topic and pictures to boot in the past month alone :)

Yes, it is a Mag twist lock to cocker thread barrel adapter, it's made out of stainless steel.

-Evil Bob

BTAutoMag
06-04-2003, 02:33 PM
accualy, yes i have been under a rock... how much are they?

wyn1370
06-04-2003, 02:51 PM
for people who live under rocks (http://www.docsmachine.com/gear/maggit.html)
it's even in the dealer's forum (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84809)

Creative Mayhem
06-04-2003, 04:35 PM
LOL! Nice going Wyn :D

I want one of the adapter too, but im affraid of not being able to use it with the mini. I've only sen pics with it on standard mag bodies with the short front. MAybe Doc can straighten this out. :confused:

CM

Halliday
06-04-2003, 04:37 PM
I have mine in a No-Rise body and the adpater is completely hidden. Hope that helps. I can take some pix later.

Carbon
06-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Doe the adapter or the nubbin interfere with the LX bolt in any way?

Sinnet
06-04-2003, 07:54 PM
how heavy are they?

Carbon
06-04-2003, 08:06 PM
BTW discountpaintball.com has 12in evil barrels in stock as of yesterday. Got meyself a 12in silver to black, Cant Wait!

muirtach
06-04-2003, 08:18 PM
How does it react to the twist-lock pin? Is it completely seperate or just lock around it?

GT
06-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
LOL! Nice going Wyn :D

I want one of the adapter too, but im affraid of not being able to use it with the mini. I've only sen pics with it on standard mag bodies with the short front. MAybe Doc can straighten this out. :confused:

CM

I will let you know. I sent my mo this week and my mini is being no rised as we speak.

jb

Halliday
06-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Nubbin/detent/LX: The detent is a rubber one from a Spyder. It has good give, but hold the ball in place.

Weight: unknown. A bit heavier than a 9v.

Twist-lock: The pin stays in. The pin holds the adapter in place, right, left or center feed.

TippmannMan
06-04-2003, 11:12 PM
it does fit mini bodies

EDIT: oh and as far as level 10 interference i see no such problem

temps
06-05-2003, 11:58 AM
does the adapter show through the holes in a mini body???

wyn1370
06-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by temps
does the adapter show through the holes in a mini body???
I'm gonna say no. If it doesn't show on a std body, it shouldn't show on a mini either.

jayloo
06-07-2003, 07:34 PM
This adapter is great!!!!!!

I am using it with a warp and 2w/l body and have had 0 probs with over-feeding. Shot about 3000 balls and still no probs. The nubin holds up well.

If you have a 14in barrel add 1.5 inches and that's your overall length.

My new red tipped pipe has a home....:D