PDA

View Full Version : sweetspoting vs runaway

MinimagRockin'
06-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Will someone please define sweetspotting. I know what runaway is but is sweetspotting something different? I have my rt set to a pressure where it will only fire one shot per pull but I can really rip on it by keeping a constant pressure on it while just slightly moving my finger back and forth. Is that sweetspotting? If so, that's not tourny legal?

elpimpo
06-03-2003, 09:59 PM
sweet spotting is the spot on the trigger were you barely have to muve your fingers and i goes its not really as runaway trigger because i c a runaway trigger as on ewere u hit it and u can take ur finger off the triger and it keeps going. some people c it as the same

demonguy8
06-04-2003, 06:26 AM
IMHO

Sweetspot: constant pressure applied from fingers on specific point on trigger, gun continues to fire full balls after the first.

---Example.. an Rtpro with input pressure at 1100 can (and usually will) double or triple fire when the trigger is pulled.

Runaway: trigger is pulled and released, gun continues to fire... OR possibly Gun fires on its own... (such as is bumped or any other non trigger induced firing...)

---Example: An Ebladed Cocker is set on the ground the minor jolt from hitting the ground is enough to wiggle the trigger enough to fire... The the back block on the thing then slaps back into the body, shaking it and causing it to fire again, and again, and again...

vamicromagger
06-04-2003, 06:42 AM
I always thought they had the same result, just sweetspotting required more skill. Runaway=anyone picking it up and wailing(Tippmann RT), sweetspotting=someone who knows the trigger and has a soft touch wailing, but everyone else can't get it to work.

MinimagRockin'
06-04-2003, 04:25 PM
So basically as long as it only fires one shot per pull then it's tournament legal?

elpimpo
06-04-2003, 04:29 PM
indubitably

coolcatpete
06-04-2003, 05:04 PM
So you can "sweet spot" but can not have runnaway. Someone PLease teel me if I am Wrong

Lopy-slopy
06-04-2003, 05:29 PM
you can't do either in tounies. And you cant get runaway on a tippy because all the reactity is from a little stick pushing the trigger at the back. But it is VERY easy to sweet spot them. Basicly, anything that makes you gun fire more than once for each time you pull then relase the trigger is not allowed.

coolcatpete
06-04-2003, 06:07 PM
ok thank you very much. So why do people like the x-valve so much better if you can not use it to be fast. Wont the x-valve be just as fast asthe clasic when you dont use it illegally.

-=Squid=-
06-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Run away is when the gun starts shooting and doesnt stop, eevn when you let go of the trigger, my sting ray does it every time a shoot because I have the sear so far off of the hammer :)

Jack & Coke
06-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by demonguy8
IMHO

Sweetspot: constant pressure applied from fingers on specific point on trigger, gun continues to fire full balls after the first.

---Example.. an Rtpro with input pressure at 1100 can (and usually will) double or triple fire when the trigger is pulled.

Runaway: trigger is pulled and released, gun continues to fire... OR possibly Gun fires on its own... (such as is bumped or any other non trigger induced firing...)

---Example: An Ebladed Cocker is set on the ground the minor jolt from hitting the ground is enough to wiggle the trigger enough to fire... The the back block on the thing then slaps back into the body, shaking it and causing it to fire again, and again, and again...

demonguy8 is correct!

This is "sweet spotting" the trigger:

http://www.chimpy.com/jack/AutomagSweetSpotting.mpg

This is a "run-away" trigger:

http://airsoft.3dretreat.com/videos/files/blooper-walter-m11-runaway.mpg

SWEET-SPOT = mechanically asissted simulated full-auto. Release the trigger, the gun stops shooting.

RUNAWAY = gun fires full-auto non-stop until it is empty. Regardless if the user releases the trigger. The operator is not "operating" the gun... hense "runaway".

Like a "runway" train.

dcmander
06-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Jack, is that first video of the sweetspotting illegal in tournaments? If you fire like that in a tournament..what will happen? Will they come test it...and when they do, if they can make it shoot like that, they can say its illegal..but if they can't, its llegal?

Sorry for the comma splice, i'm trying to make sense. :)