PDA

View Full Version : JnJ edge kit opinions needed!

beefstew
06-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Ok 4 backs, 1 front for 100 bucks.
Nice or just nice for the price opinions and reviews would be helpful, looks like a good buy
Thanks
Phil

circus5
06-03-2003, 11:26 PM
I have a JJ edge on my bushy, it rocks. just keep it dry when you store it as it gets a little crusty (corrosion?)

rikkter
06-04-2003, 08:31 AM
i like it, but honestly, i dont use 2 of the backs. they're too big for any paint i've used, i've only used the two smallest ones. and with the level 10, sometimes the bolt gets too much friction with the smallest back and stops the bolt half way. only really occurs when i shoot fast tho.

but i like it, hasn't failed me yet

oldsoldier
06-04-2003, 09:34 AM
I own an edge, and had the bolt stick problem as well. What worked for me is sanding down the little joint on the bolt about 3/4 of the way up. I hand sanded it to where it slips easily into the smallest bore. Alot of people didnt recommend me doing that; stating it can bring some problems. I havent experiemced anything yet; I dont recommend doing it, but it is an "idea" to eliminate that bolt stick.

funkmunky56
06-04-2003, 09:40 AM
I love my Edge kit. I've used all four backs, and I own all four different length fronts, just cuz I can. with the .685 back, you do get a lil' bit of bolt stick with the lvl 10 bolt (cuz it's a lil' bit oversized in the front, like your mushroom tip, to supposedly prevent blowback), but AGD guys have said you can sand the bolt tip down if you have a problem with your barrel, so I did, and it works GREAT!!! just took a lil' bit of material off all the way around, buffed it up nice, and it OWNS.

So, yeah, J&J Performance= high quality at reasonable cost. They stand behind their stuff.

Edge kit = definitely not just "nice for the price"

beefstew
06-04-2003, 02:11 PM
thanks for the info guys, this is going on a cocker and a matrix, no lvl10 to deal with but that might help someone along the way. In any case, What is this about the anno corroding?

rikkter
06-04-2003, 02:34 PM
to be honest, they scratch to easily and get discolored after couple games of use, the two backs i've never touched look a lot better in color than the ones i use, but hey, what do you expect from a $100 barrel kit that performs pretty damn well

CFD323
06-04-2003, 02:47 PM
I contacted J&J on that issue of the chrome plating actually flaking off. They told me that the "plating" or coating doesn't stick well so they now only sell black backs in aluminum. You can, however, order stainless backs from J&J direct. I think they're $55 apiece.

I've got an aluminum one and it's awesome ! You can't go wrong for $114.

TheJester
06-04-2003, 02:49 PM
i'm orderin 1 here in the next couple days for a $100 too, even if it isn't "just wow" even if it's only a desent barrel, can't go wrong for the price, 4 barrels, 100 bucks. but it sounds like it's more than just a desent barrel

Creative Mayhem
06-04-2003, 04:01 PM
I just got my Edge kit. I ordered SS backs with an extra inch added to them(5" is just too short IMO), with 2 extra tips 12" and 14". The total was $240. I havent had a chance to try em out, but when I get my xmag.. look out! These things will be rocking!!

CM

FalconGuy016
06-04-2003, 04:17 PM
$100? Where are they for $100?

TheJester
06-04-2003, 04:44 PM
falcon, the ones i've seen are on firstcallpaintball they don't have any in stock at the moment, so they aren't listed, but the guy said he would get some in.

Mayhem...
where did you get the stainless back an extra inch long???

beefstew
06-04-2003, 05:17 PM
I just ordered mine from first call yesterday..
Or the day before.
In any case mabye i got the last one?
Phil

rikkter
06-04-2003, 07:47 PM
i orderd mine from paintball-discounters.com

i emailed them before i orderd it, and they said they didn't have any chrome aluminum ones left, but.. they sent me the chrome backs. dorks :D