PDA

View Full Version : Short stroke a classic mag? Gimmie a break!?

Carbon
06-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Ive been reading some of the the ULE trigger thread posts, it surprises me to read that some people still short stroke their classic/LX'd mags. In game? Are you serious? Yes you can short stroke a classic mag trigger, but i mean you have to actually, purposefuly try to short stroke it. Right?

As far as learning the trigger, Learn the trigger!? Really now whats to learn?

Whats up with the "weak fingers"? Not to say ya got weak fingers, just maybe poor technique? Spoiled electro trigger fingers? Flames?

AcemanPB
06-03-2003, 11:29 PM
When I first got my mag I short-stroked a few times the first day I played with it. After that day I never have short-stroked again, it's really difficult to.

nerobro
06-03-2003, 11:53 PM
I short stroke all the time... but the LX prevents chops ;-) Then again I run a benchy single finger trigger.

Carbon
06-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Hmm I suppose i dindt accout for the folks who had aftermarket frames, that changes the picture a little.

nerobro
06-04-2003, 12:53 AM
actually, it was a factory stock frame ;-) but who's counting. I'm putting a carbon fiber mag frame on it next.

Carbon
06-04-2003, 01:09 AM
The Carbon fiber frames are cool, but from what i gather the Intelliframe is worth the money, smoothes out the pull some.

Star_Base_CGI
06-04-2003, 07:59 AM
I would imagine it would be relatively easy if your excited and your pulling away while getting shot at, to beat the valve back.

I know that when I worked at the grocery store, I was often faster than the registers and find when I write a check I have to wait for the registers 2 or 3 seconds for them to add evetying up.

People are pretty fast machines.

TecnoRobo
06-04-2003, 09:00 AM
Yup i was one of the few who short stroked there mag
Level 10 prevented me of that. Plus i only played 2 games with my mag before level 10, so i never really had the opportunity to "learn" the trigger. I've practice alot with it now though.

xadamx
06-04-2003, 09:18 AM
when i had my mag i never once short stroked it. i even tried to and couldnt get it to work. oh well

JAM
06-04-2003, 10:05 AM
I really couldn't short stroke it if i tried, but during a game I could and have.

A lot of stuff can happen during the stress of a game- I was using the angel and after a game I tried to remember which finger or fingers i was using to shoot and i couldn't remember... maybe i'm just an idiot though. ;)

Jonno06
06-04-2003, 10:23 AM
ive never short stroked a mag...then again, ive only shot my old retro minimag,and a micromag with stock benchy.

hitech
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
I can short stroke a classic 'mag both "on demand" and during a game. In a mini "torunament" I couldn't stop short stroking even when I tried to shoot "slow". Level 10 was the best paintball invention for me since the invention of the paintball! :D

coolcatpete
06-04-2003, 04:08 PM
i never short stroke because i play stand up bass so you have to have strong fingers so no matter what gun i always pull to hard which would be good for the ULE trigger

FalconGuy016
06-04-2003, 04:15 PM
I used to never short stroke, but on tuesday I was shooting in my backyard and I kept doing it! Over and over! And it was my first time ever, so you'd think id get back into my groove, but no! Strangly and luckily I didnt chop any though

Lopy-slopy
06-04-2003, 05:41 PM
If your not used to a mag trigger you will usualy short stroke, and lvlx didn't fix that. It only makes it so when you do short stroke it wont break paint. But from what tom says, with the ule, it's alot easyer to short stroke and if you do it makes the ball just sit in the brech and when the next shot comes it blows it to heck. That would suck if even with an X with lvl10 you would still chop. retro and X-valves solved the short stoking problem because they make you wait for the trigger to go back to the right spot.

Torbo
06-09-2003, 05:20 PM
other than chopping paint, exactly what happens when you short stroke? What exactly happens (ie, bolt doesnt recock?) And how do you keep from short stroking? Is it the pull or release? Thanks for the help.

hitech
06-09-2003, 05:39 PM
On a 'mag a short stroke occurs when you do not release the trigger all the way. The marker does not fully pressurize, the bolt doesn't latch and you probably chop (prior to level 10).

Wc Keep
06-09-2003, 10:10 PM
i used to shortstroke quite a bit. now i dont and i cant even short stroke if i tried.

GT
06-10-2003, 07:00 AM
only time it would happen to me is the stock 10lb single trigger. get another frame and poof easy fix.

jb

dropkick1
06-10-2003, 01:30 PM
i used to back in the day when i had my first mag and the stock carbon fiber frame, but it wasn't on purpose, it was whne i was walkin through the woods and someone caught me off guard.

ken

Tyril
06-10-2003, 02:58 PM
I used to shortstroke my classic framed classic valved mag with pretty scary frequency. Then I got my AR frame. With a 40 lb pull for a quarter of a mile, my trigger finger got built up to the point where I never short' a classic frame again =)

-mike