PDA

View Full Version : Blowback Markers and Drop Off

HYPER
06-04-2003, 07:15 AM
I remember this topic viewed slightly when talking about gun dynos and chronos. This was being talked about when comparing the E-mags recharge rate vs other guns.

I remember the tests resulting in Angels having very erratic velocities, while the E-mag maintined a healthy consistency. The test was done with high end markers, however I dont think blowbacks were used.

My question, how do blowbacks fare in consistency in high ROF's. I have seen videos where Emags, Angels and Timmy's laid a nice string of paint. I mean where the trajectories of each shot were right on each other.

I wanted to know if blowbacks can do the same. I was thinking of picking up an AMG for kicks, but am thinking against it if the recharge is horrible. I have never seen a video where an E-blowback is stringing paint.

I have heard blowbacks are not meant for high ROF's. Their design wont accomodate it. However many guns use a plain hammer/pin design for their operation.

Wierd very wierd.

Anyone have a vid, or have a comment on blowbacks?

LMK All.

-Hyper

Crighton
06-04-2003, 08:09 AM
I've got a pmi 2k3 e-force ext pro that I picked up as a loaner for the wife. Its able to throw a string of paint in a nice flat string one ball after the other. No noticable drop off.

rehme
06-04-2003, 08:49 AM
the blowbacks are also not as accurate because of the kick in the blowback design.

but it is always a great loaner gun for any body.

Crighton
06-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by rehme
the blowbacks are also not as accurate because of the kick in the blowback design.

Totally, mine will actually get barrel climb on FA.