PDA

View Full Version : ULE trigger alternative uses

Sparks
06-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Tom, though it hasn't been officially decided yet for good, even if it is decided to put the ULE trigger on the back burner, perhaps you could still use the ULE setup in E-mags and X-mags to allow you to use a smaller/lower voltage solenoid, achieving many more shots per battery, and making it more practical to run hoppers/warps off of the gun battery (I run my revvy off of my e-mag battery, and it's a huge luxury).

Or, perhaps it would just allow you to use a smaller battery and cut still more weight, going with the ULE theme.

you've already done the research, put this baby to use in some form or other. The E-mags and X-mags already use the same valves and sear designs as their mechanical counterparts, use this as a marketing oppurtunity to put some more ground between your gun lines. Perhaps if it runs the risk of hurting the AGD image, make it an E-mag/X-mag exclusive item for the side benefits.

Also, one of the main hurdles of an AGD electro frame was the power needed to reliably actuate the trigger, you could use a very small solenoid on a formerly mechanical mag and use this new setup to make an electro frame feasable.

"The ULE, it's not just an electronic mag"

BTAutoMag
06-04-2003, 02:49 PM
i think thats a great idea, AGD where are you?

Frank (the spank)
06-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Smaller solenoid with ULE trigger.. and you can make a smaller grip frame, one that is a standard .45 and can take Dye sticky grips or somethin.

But that would be a ton of work.. we're talking a re-design of EVERYTHING.

askman
06-04-2003, 03:08 PM
This could make hyperframe really desirable and possibly easy to setup. ;)

BajaBoy
06-04-2003, 03:17 PM
best idea i have heard in a long time.. Now i really do have a reason to buy this kit. I wasnt going to bc my retro had the single oring.

but this changed my mind out it:p

Sparks
06-04-2003, 05:17 PM
glad I wasn't rehashing old ideas... I don't exactly keep up over here as much as some of you do:)

Halo2x
06-04-2003, 07:13 PM
GRRRR, There are too many smart people here, good idea

Magluvr
06-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Considering what TK has said in an earlier post about even with lx there is a chance of blowing up the balls, because of chuffing (sp?) them. Well, now the Xmag's ACE can be put to good use, it will no longer just be an extra thing for nothing.

Put it in the Xmag so that the Xmag can be lighter than the ULE Emag, too.

TK was thinking ahead when he thought of putting the ACE in the Xmag.

Sparks
06-04-2003, 09:01 PM
yes, but electro means no short stroking and, thus, no chuffing.

Jerhew
06-05-2003, 12:46 AM
and you have to recognize that whether or not it is intended for e/x mags only...
people will buy them for mechanical guns anyway
no matter how it's released it can find it's way into what AGD apparently sees as the wrong hands