PDA

View Full Version : New Minimag having ball spin problems

protune adjustable barrel
06-04-2003, 06:32 PM
I just bought a Minimag! The problem I am having is with ball spin! I have tried the stock barrel, I have tried a tear drop and I have tried a freak barrel and I still have problems! When I shoot you can see the balls fly about 15 feet and then they take a hard 90 deg turn in all directions! The freak seemed to help (fewer balls spin) however when I rapid fire the spin comes back and I am unable to hit anything! I have used 32 deg and Draxxus paint and I am using CO2 with a anti syphon kit mounted on a drop forward running into a 32 deg 6 stage expansion chamber mounted on the vert. adapter! Help!!!:confused:

Mav D MagMan
06-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Are you shooting *fresh* quality paint?

What's your velocity?

Lumpy paint or high velocities can cause this...

Mav

protune adjustable barrel
06-04-2003, 07:03 PM
The paint is new and looks to be in good condition! My velocity is around 280 ft/sec! I have the small .687" insert in the freak because the paint is close to that size! Thanks!

Hoplon
06-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Did you break a ball?

Maybe you got oil in your barrel from your gun somehow.

Do you have a warp feed? I've heard of people over lubing the warp plates and having this problem.

Mer
06-05-2003, 03:59 PM
How are you matching the paint to the insert? Are you going by a chart or actually pushing a ball through the barrel? Try going to the largest size that won't just let the ball roll through.

Eric

athomas
06-06-2003, 08:52 AM
A barrel id of .687 seems a bit on the small size. I like to use .689 or .691 for Draxxus paint. Even so, I don't experience bad accuracy that you are experiencing. Definately check the consistency of the paint.

Crighton
06-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Possibly over oiled the marker and have oil in the barrel ?

i_baked_cookies
06-06-2003, 11:19 AM
im not trying to be a supple, pouting terd-head but every sentence that barrel wrote ended in a '!'

just a hint for ur spinny ball thingy

use marbilizer, nothing else... marbilizer beats every other kind of paint :D