PDA

View Full Version : can't get the power tube tip to fit.

Squirrel Bate
06-04-2003, 07:00 PM
I have a new x-valve and I'm trying to install the level 10. I followed the directions but when I try to screw the power tube tip in their are no threads left to screw it on. I did noticed a copper piece that looks like it's screwed in at the bottom where ptt screws into (if you know what I'm talking about). It's obvious that there is not enough room to screw the ptt on. If you are as confused as me about my question let me know. Thanks Squirrel Bate.

ChucktheMAGician
06-04-2003, 07:04 PM
It sounds like your not pushing the carrier back in far enough. Check out Miscues video, there's a link at the bottom of this page, http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40904

Squirrel Bate
06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
That did not work. There is not enough room, not even close. It looks like the copper piece is the problem, with this piece out you can see that it will fit. Am I missing something here. I also tried those miscues on the forum, but could not get them to work. I'm having a bad day. I'm going to my local shop tomorrow. Thanks Squirrel Bate.

BlackVCG
06-04-2003, 07:44 PM
The "copper" piece is the carrier. You need to take a BIC pen or something similiar and push down on the carrier until it goes down into the power tube. The threads should now be fully exposed. If it won't go in, put a dab of grease on the black o-ring on the carrier and then center it in the hole and push it in. You might need to wiggle the pin a bit to center the carrier so it will go in. Then, you screw in the PT tip and snug it with a wrench.

ChucktheMAGician
06-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Here's a straight link to Miscue's LX video thread, http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44178
You mentioned trying to install level x in your first thread. I think it comes installed. Is there a carrier in there already?

xen_100
06-05-2003, 05:36 PM
I agree with you chuck, I bet he trying to put another carrier in there. the x-valve comes with the LX installed (not calibrated, but it is installed)

Squirrel Bate
06-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Yeh, I'm an idot there was already a carrier in there. Thanks Squirrel Bate.