PDA

View Full Version : Trigger bounce and tourney rules

Thump152
06-04-2003, 07:08 PM
What do you guys think about the trigger bounce rule? I was told I'm unable to use my E-mag in hybrid mode because of the insane trigger bounce, Which I can maybe understand but what about an E-Blade cocker it has a ton of trigger bounce if you guys have ever shot one, I've never seen any one try to DQ a guys with an E-Blade, Hybride is a semi-mode, so I do use it when I can get away with it, what do you guys think?

Lopy-slopy
06-04-2003, 07:52 PM
This was a big issue a while back
do a search for it, tom had a thread where they had an oficial make a judgement about wheather or not E-mags are alowed and what mode. there was something about if it bounced more than 3 time in a minute or somthing it wasn't alowed. For the sake of being fare do your best to get rid of any bounce. I think if anything doesn't fit in the ruels it souldn't be alowed in a tourney, but I also dont think it fair for people to spen thousands on their gun then find out they can't use it.

Thump152
06-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Well there are alot of guns that have trigger bounce, Have you ever shot the new timmys or eblades and a few others, yeah I do agree with you its kind of un fair but other guns do it also and its legal thats what bothers me.

lawman1380
06-05-2003, 11:31 PM
After watching you play in hybrid, I know why its illegal.:D

Peach
06-05-2003, 11:46 PM
If you want a little less bouncy hybrid mode... Adjust the triggerpull length to where the sear bums up against the trigger in E-mode. Although it is a long pull, the ROF bonus is top stuff :P You could also lengthen the trigger-rod.. but thats not really advised, and it is also a son of a gun to get at on the e-mags.

a_malfunction
06-05-2003, 11:52 PM
I think that you people are confused as to the meaning of trigger bounce. The type of bounce that was banned was switch bounce, the "turbo" effect. When a microswitch is tripped, there are a series of smaller contacts that happen. The microchips can be programmed to either ignore or shoot the gun after these electrical noise events. If this mode is activated, and there are 5 events every time the trigger is pulled, then the gun shoots five times for that trigger pull. The current definition of bounce refers to these trigger events. Bounce does not refer to the RT kickback of the emag in hybrid mode or of an RTs regular mode of opperation. If I remember correctly, Tom said that RTs and Emags were not affected by this new rule.

Thump152
06-06-2003, 12:13 AM
I read in some old fourms that hybride was not legal, Because of on a trigger pull there must be force applied and released of the trigger, not a bounce I'm just curious Because when I shoot in hybrid its freaking insane may as well be full auto. I can hit my sweet spot when ever I choose to, So its not like the gun is running away from me? Should I use it in touney play, I have before. Last few tourney games I played I played in regular E-mode so their was no whinning if you no what I mean plus I don't wanna lose team points.

dcmander
06-06-2003, 12:22 AM
If this is true, then what is the big debate about with the new UL trigger + RT effect??

I'm not sure what I think about all these rules limiting ROF. You ALWAYS have to reload sometime, huh? So many guns are capable of these ROFs, sometimes I wonder why they don't just play it out. It isn't like ROF is UNLIMITED, because you will ALWAYS run out of paint.

Curly
06-06-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by dcmander
It isn't like ROF is UNLIMITED, because you will ALWAYS run out of paint.

Thats why I cary 13 pods in tourneys. :)

dcmander
06-06-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Curly

Thats why I cary 13 pods in tourneys. :)

True...Still gotta reload sometime. ;) And it seems like you have to do it 13 times! :)