PDA

View Full Version : promoted to lance corporal once again :)

devildog
06-04-2003, 08:25 PM
haha, today i am a lance corporal once again, after being demoted once to PFC, i am once again at LCPL, feels good, cant wait to be a corporal, i get to carry a sword!!! :D :D :D

Smegma
06-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Congradulations!

Why were you demoted?

Smegma
06-04-2003, 08:43 PM
oh, as a corpral, dont you get to have that red strip down the side of your pants. I forgot what battle that was from, do you know?

-Jôker-
06-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Smegma
oh, as a corpral, dont you get to have that red strip down the side of your pants. I forgot what battle that was from, do you know?

im not sure if he does but its called a blood line i think.
and if so its bc he moved from being a 'jr' nco to a 'sr' nco position (in the event hes promoted to cpl)

lopxtc
06-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Its called a blood stripe and all Marine Corporal and above wear them on the dress blue trousers.

The blood stripe represents the loss of NCO and Staff NCO's at the battle of Chapultipec during the Mexican War.

Note Lance Corporal is not a Junior NCO ... its still a non-rate rank. Corporal is the first NCO rank within the Marines.

Aaron
Former E4 USMC, Combat Engineer :)

Smegma
06-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by lopxtc
The blood stripe represents the loss of NCO and Staff NCO's at the battle of Chapultipec during the Mexican War.
Thats the one that i was looking for, I learned it in JROTC and i new it took place in Mexico and started with a "C", but i couldnt remeber the rest.

Thanks

devildog
06-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by lopxtc
Note Lance Corporal is not a Junior NCO ... its still a non-rate rank. Corporal is the first NCO rank within the Marines.

:(

i cant wait for corporal, its been a long time comming, and its not coming for a long time. only chance i have is if i go up for merritorious board (which is like a bonus promotion, doesnt depend on time in current rank, or other normal stuff).

normally, promotion to corporal is based on a cutting score, you get the score by accounting for your PFT, rifle range score, and other things. right now, the cutting score for cpl is like 1870, that a really really high number. i wont be hitting that for quite a while. oh well.