PDA

View Full Version : The people at PaintballGateway are retarded....

Frank (the spank)
06-05-2003, 12:30 AM
*POOF* ... you would think one would know how to package a damn pipe, right?

I just got my new 2-piece Dye Boomstick from theses guys..shipped in a soft tube almost the same size as the barrel. I open it and roll the barrel on my desk and the front moves up and down.. I un-screw it and there is a flat spot on the threads and shavings all over the place..

I mean.. really.. how hard is it to put something in a *POOF* box?!?! I bought a used Boomstick from Damageinc54 for $50 and he wrapped it in bubble wrap, then put it in a box with popcorn...

But no.. theses asshats throw a brand new $100 Dye Boomstick in a soft tube and ship that puppy off! Way to go!! You saved 50 cents on the packaging! You'll be damned if a silly box is gonna cut into your profits, huh?!?

Ugh... well scratch this weekend of paintball. I really wanted to use my new ULE Body...

MagAl
06-05-2003, 06:53 AM
Thats not right... They should give you a brand new one free of charge and send it out with express shipping, Well I recall when I order a barrel from online It comes in hard clear plastic tube with black caps at the end and in the box are those little plasticy styrophomey things. And thats for both my spyder twilight 2 in 1 barrel(which sucks) and My Carbon Fiber.

And if they dont then I say we all boycott paintball gateway!!!!! Well actually I dont think anyone goes there anyway, but we should still complain.

Frank (the spank)
06-05-2003, 09:01 AM
Oh... I WILL be getting a new barrel, or else I will reverse the charges on my credit card.

Yeah... pretty lame of them.. ugh..

SlipknotX556
06-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Paintballgateway does that with every barrel, I have ever bought from them. In the business world, 50 cents is 50 cents saved.

Frank (the spank)
06-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Really now?

50 cents they saved.. $100 lost for a damaged barrel.

There is a reason you pack things well, if packages floated on a fart cloud from their store to my doorstep then why wrap it at all?

Really lame of them. They lost $99.50 and I lost a weekend of paintball. All because they were cheap.

deathstalker
06-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Frank (the spank)
50 cents they saved.. $100 lost for a damaged barrel.

Really lame of them. They lost $99.50 and I lost a weekend of paintball. All because they were cheap.
They're probably not going to lose a thing. They'll return the barrel to DYE as defective and receive credit for it.

$.50 per transaction can definitely take a chunk out of a company's margins, especially for retail, mail order, and internet operations.

Frank (the spank)
06-05-2003, 01:00 PM
I called them...

#$#@$#$ 8 days... 8 days so they can make a claim to FedEx.

I told them I'd like to play paintball sometime and they basicly said "well sorry".

Pretty bad customer service. I work at Apple computer, if your $3000 17 inch powerboom came in the mail with a cracked screen from shipping, we send you a new system and we do the footwork for the claim from our shipper. Not the customer.. all they did was give us 3 thousand dollars, why should they have to do all that crap?

Yeah... first and last thing I buy from theses asshats.

Rmarks
06-05-2003, 01:10 PM
why not just cancel the order from them and order from another place?

Frank (the spank)
06-05-2003, 06:38 PM
I think I'll have to do that.

I just got a Dye ultralight, guy at the pro shop swears by them..

Guess I'll tell them to keep the replacment barrel and refund my cash. Man theses guys suck..

Frank (the spank)
06-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Oh what a bunch of ****.

two weeks ago this started... basicly their response was "fedEx got back to us and declined all libility of the product you purchased"

WTF?!?!? I give them $100 for a Dye Boomstick and I recieve a broken Dye Boomstick, doesn't anyone else think I should get my money back?!?! What kind of business is this!??!

Ok... time to call the credit card company and dispute the charges.

Star_Base_CGI
06-20-2003, 06:40 PM
I got a CMI sniper barrel from http://Paintball-international.com . They put it in a Post office box and mailed it 3 day air. No foam.

So the Barrel was $20 and the shiping was like $10-$15.

When I opened it. There was a little comic book 3X5 Inchs. When I read the comic book it was a christian Comic book. Are you on the right path to Heaven.

The barrel was so so but really nice for $20. 16 inchs anodized blue with straight rifling. took it out to my parents house and I had 1-3 inchs groupings at like 50-75 yards.

Its is unreal and I will be spplating it up at SPPLAT.

Halliday
06-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Just call your CC company and explain. They'll probally send you a form. Fill it out, get your money back and you'll be back in the game.

I had a repair shop charge me twice for fixing a microwave. I called the shop, they said they would reverse the 2nd charge and they nver did. I had used my Wells Fargo ATM/Debit card and just called them up and got my money back.

Wc Keep
06-20-2003, 08:48 PM
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PROSHOP AND AO DEALERS!!!!!!!!