PDA

View Full Version : Screw-in with High end?

sps16
06-05-2003, 02:49 AM
Why does everybody (most people) you see have a crossfire or pmi on angels and such? Wheres all the good adjustables?

Ov3rmind
06-05-2003, 03:02 AM
There's really no point to an adjustable if you have a good inline reg (Sidewinder, Max-Flow, etc.). Plus screw-ins are usually lighter and easier to remove from the gun (not to mention waaaay cheaper).

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-05-2003, 03:07 AM
could i have afforded a brand new flatline for my emag? yes, but that's alot of money for a tank, so I just bought a 72 stub crossfire, there's nothing wrong with the tank, it just isn't adjustable.

madmatt151
06-05-2003, 08:17 AM
The only reason to use an adjustable tank is on a RT valve for the reactivity. But, since this seems to be a matter that might be banned from tournies and such, I think it is uneccessary to have the adjustable. As a matter of fact my classic mag ran better on a preset, because the reg in the valve did its job perfectly.

JAM
06-05-2003, 08:25 AM
yeah, screwins are way cheaper, lighter, and on most guns you don't need an adjustable tank. a fixed tank works great. the main exeption would probably be an RT mag where you wanted to adjust the reactivity.

sps16
06-06-2003, 02:43 AM
those are all logical reasons, but when you see an angel speed or x-mag with a screw in it just looks wrong. Anyone else with me on that?

Curly
06-06-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by sps16
those are all logical reasons, but when you see an angel speed or x-mag with a screw in it just looks wrong. Anyone else with me on that?

Not really. Personally I wouldnt mind an adjustable tank. But I dont think they are nessecary. I ran a crossfire low output 88/45 on my Gz timmy and it worked just as well as any adjustable would have. It was also lighter.

Gadget
06-06-2003, 05:41 AM
I've got an AA adjustable and a PMI preset and prefer to run the PMI on my Emag - it's lighter and the pipework is easier to setup (the adjustable doesn't have an on/off, so needs an external tap, while I've got the preset screwed into an on/off asa).

Performance of the preset is just as good as the adjustable and personally I think it looks neater.

xen_100
06-06-2003, 10:26 AM
the preset tanks these days are everybit as good as the adjustables in flow and consistancy. you just loose the ability to adjust the tank. on most guns this is not an issue since most guns have a secondary reg on them anyway.

1stdeadeye
06-06-2003, 10:51 AM
I use a Crossfire 88/4500 Pre-Set on my X-Mag.

It runs awesome on it! It is lighter and there is no need to adjust the tank, so I can spend that extra money on other PB gear! Besides, with the cover on the tank, who can see what kind it is anyway?

rehme
06-06-2003, 11:39 AM
high end gun

high end tank

they match

sps16
06-06-2003, 12:49 PM
it almost seems like putting regluar unleaded into a porsche, it needs plus~!

pputkowski
06-06-2003, 01:19 PM
plus makes a car actually run better....obviously, everyone says that the presets work just as well...so u cant use that analogy

sps16
06-06-2003, 01:34 PM
hey shut up richard (tommy boy)

Marek
06-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by sps16
it almost seems like putting regluar unleaded into a porsche, it needs plus~!

Ov3rmind hit the nail on the head. All you're doing is double regging the air. There is no need for that if they have an inline reg. If they ran it the proper way (as in, straight into the gun, not through another reg) with an adjustable tank, then that would make sense. Either way, its the same thing.

TigerMan
06-06-2003, 01:58 PM
It's not really a necessity for a expensive gun to have such an expensive tank. Though I do have a Max Flow on my Angel, however, many people often don't have the extra money to spend another boat load after they just spent a truck load. :p However, the adjustable tanks do make it easier to tune and fix your marker.

Python14
06-06-2003, 02:19 PM
If you look around, alot of pro-teams use screw in systems.
Ironmen, Trauma, Aftershock, etc

wyn1370
06-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Those teams are also sponsored to do so.

Most adj. tanks can't run consistently at a low pressure to eliminate the secondary reg.

Crazy
06-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Marek

Ov3rmind hit the nail on the head. All you're doing is double regging the air. There is no need for that if they have an inline reg. If they ran it the proper way (as in, straight into the gun, not through another reg) with an adjustable tank, then that would make sense. Either way, its the same thing.

yes, but some people also want the security of the double reg.. if you single reg it and it blows, bye bye solenoid.

Marek
06-06-2003, 02:53 PM
I used a flatline with my Timmy w/Torpedo reg which was fine, but just worthless. It never did anything for me, and was just added cost. It guess it's prefernce, I never had any problems single regging it.

wobbles82
06-08-2003, 02:16 AM
I guess the analogy makes sense, seeing Timmy's nowadays with screw-in is very rare, but does anybody think going from my light PMI 48/5000 screw in (850psi output) to an adjustable, maybe even screw in X-Stream is worth it? Is the change of 850psi to say 900 or 950ish (whatever is legal) worth the weight and cost??

Cliffio
06-08-2003, 03:28 AM
maxflow

best. tank. ever.

had it on each of my angels, i get more shots per tank when i single reg the gun, and never had any spike over a chrony

i like the fact that when i single reg my gun i know EXACTLY how much pressure is going into it, not having to guess is it 850, is it 800.

plus if it needs to be on a different gun that operates on a lower or higher pressure, just change springs

to me, it was well worth the money over a screw in

plus it attaches directly to my gun, no duckbill, no drop, no mess.

the maxflow is also very easy to take apart and service, simply inscrew the cap *by hand*

all adjustables come with on/offs

in my opinion, an adjustable is the only way to go

Cliff