PDA

View Full Version : Once again, i have been sucked into DYEs low quality merchandise

Automaggin2
06-05-2003, 10:39 AM
I went to order some summer clothes, and i was lookin on the dye website and there clothing looked nice. Now, i havnt been to friendly with Dye products in the past, so i figured id give them another shot. I ordered a club shirt, pit shirt, and the shorts. When i recieved them, the club shirt was supposed to be a XL, but to me, it looks like a small, and the tag says XL. Its really cheap and thin fabric also. The shorts arnt bad, except they are a little low quality, the fabric is once again, very thin. the pit shirt isnt to bad, cept mines a little big. I ordered that in a XL, and it looks like a XXXL.

bunkermaster10
06-05-2003, 10:44 AM
And another reason to buy JT.

Automaggin2
06-05-2003, 10:45 AM
JT doesnt really ahnything thats too appealing to me.

cphilip
06-05-2003, 10:54 AM
I always found Dye's stuff to be very good. Suprised you had that experience. Some of the excel line is cheaper and not as nice but most of thier stuff is real good. Sometimes overpriced but...

Automaggin2
06-05-2003, 11:13 AM
I dunno, i had a dye stainless steel barrel, wasnt the greatest, i sold it and got an all american, and IMO, it shoots better. I bought a dye invision, and they are very uncomfortable and i eat alot of paint with it

temps
06-05-2003, 11:39 AM
I like the dye stuff... good equipment.. but I don`t like the pants.. thats why I buy my pants from an army surplus store :D garanteed durabilty in those things!

deathstalker
06-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Don't be so quick to blame DYE. I doubt they actually make the clothes and an error by the actual manufacturer could have resulted in the wrong label on your shirt. I don't think they try on each and every one to make sure it seems like the right size. Also, the thickness of fabric and quality of the clothing can be, and many times are, mutually exclusive. Go to a store like Nordstrom's or Nieman Marcus to see what I mean. What do you want your summer clothes to be made from, wool?

Just because the Invision was uncomfortable on you doesn't mean it's a bad mask, there is anything wrong with it, or that DYE is a bad company. It just doesn't fit you the way you want it to. And then you complain about a barrel without even mentioning what paint you shot through it? Tsk, Tsk...

The only bad experience I've had with DYE quality was a swab-type squeegee. One of the halves came off the flexible part before I even had a chance to put it into may barrel. A little super glue easily fixed that and it didn't bother me in the least. I don't complain about DYE's quality, just their prices. I've always made sure that any DYE product I purchased was heavily discounted and I've been quite satisfied.

-=Squid=-
06-05-2003, 01:02 PM
ok, like typical dye threads, I have to rub it in...Get full dye apparel sponsorship, then you will be humming a different tune :D

chronic john
06-05-2003, 02:59 PM
i like the paintball junkies stuff the shirts are phat and they breath also there material is top quality there pants are indistructable the antrons ...

FalconGuy016
06-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Like deathstalker said, summer clothes are usually very very thin, especially expensive ones

I've had nothing but good experiances with DYE, except the price, but IMO I get what I payed for

joeyjoe367
06-05-2003, 03:42 PM
I like just about everything about Invision Goggles, except a few things:

1. They Fog. After using Flex-7's for quite some time and never EVER fogging under ANY circumstances, I was a bit dissapointed. If you breath too hard, it'll fog.

2. Distortion. The Lens isn't optically correct and it's annoying as hell.

3. Damn things are Hard to clean. All of the "vents" catch paint like you wouldn't believe and the black plastic turns grey if you don't scrub real hard.

Invisions are the most comfortable and best fitting goggles I've ever worn, but I'm willing to compromise a bit and go back to JT's.

Dye *Does* have a few flaws in their product lines. They're the Abercrombie & Fitch of paintball.

e mag
06-05-2003, 04:24 PM
that's why i generally only buy clothes from stores instead of online. it's also a good idea to just buy from clothing stores, that is their business afterall.

Brak
06-05-2003, 04:54 PM
someone said they eat a lot of paint while wearing an invision? i dont think that your eating paint because its uncomfortable, i think its because you suck...

-=Squid=-
06-05-2003, 05:31 PM
I never eat paint when I get shot there, and its easy to clean...just rinse and dry. Fog? You must not have the thermal lenses. I can breath directly on it and it wont fog, just like my thermal flex.

PaInTbAlLeR476
06-05-2003, 06:28 PM
I have 2 dye t-shirts, and there gray cargo shorts.(just recently ordered) i ordered a xl but they sent me xxl for both shorts, good thing because they shrunk ALOT, and now fit perfeclt, and the cargo shorts butten, is VERY loose, so i have to wear a belt w/ em. Sounds like the little things to me, but so far i love the shorts/shirts.

*ArKfEaR*
06-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Just another reason why to buy from CLOTHING companies not paintball companies.

Would you buy a car if a calculator company made it?

Ahh the new TI 83000 Plus... Plastic wheels, calcuator parts used for the radio... imagine rollin up in one of these bad boyz

jaylock33
06-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Dye's masks clean easy run them under water for a little bit and paints gone. Last time I had to clean them I did this let them air dry and they are fine. I really like their tank covers, and the boomy screw togethers.

RetroEclipseMan
06-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I've bought a few things from dye and haven't had a problem at all. I absolutely love their pants, no matter what I slide on they haven't even come close to being damaged. Maybe you just got some faulty stuff.

Skoad
06-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Don't be so quick to blame DYE. I doubt they actually make the clothes and an error by the actual manufacturer could have resulted in the wrong label on your shirt. I

Uh..it doesn't matter who actually makes it. If it says Dye on it, its Dye's clothes.

bryceeden
06-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Thats why I buy WSG and PI, it is all great quality, comfortable, and usually cheaper.

cledford
06-05-2003, 10:59 PM
My rant for the day - Dye, Orr, Red (of Redz) and everyone else who started out playing paintball and are now having their millions of dollars of merchandise a year made in Asian sweat shops are nothing but low down, scum sucking, good for nothing, back turning, job exporting traitors to the sport.

You buy their stuff you get what you pay for - crap put together at the expense of the less fortunent so that they can get rich off what started out to be a grass roots sport and now is "extreme." Extreme meaning the cash they make off of it that is... Other then that it's become anything but extreme.

-Calvin

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-05-2003, 11:31 PM
I've had nothing but quality from my Dye products. I currently have the 2003 Dye Jersey, 2003 Dye pants, 2002 Invision, Dye Barrel condom, and I have Dye ATC shoes, Dye Knee Pads, and Dye Elbow pads on order. All top notch products, I'm very satisfied. I'm assuming that my knee pads, elbow pads, and shoes will be of the same quality when I get them in. I've also owned an old style Dye Boomstick, and it shot beautifully with small bore paint. Only complaints I have about the products I own/have owned is the price and on the Invision, if you get shot in the vent in front of your mouth, you get a tasty treat, but that just makes me check to have my head in the bunker.

Dye makes great paintball products, but as far as clothing, stick to CLOTHING stores! Dye most probably puts more care and quality into their paintball items, although I have seen their clothing at my local proshop and it looked nice, but I didn't thoroughly examine it.

chronic john
06-06-2003, 07:52 AM
yea dye boomsticks are always good for your average boat anchor ...