PDA

View Full Version : What's better; a screw in or adjustable hpa system? What do you prefer?

Clockwork_Orange
06-05-2003, 12:40 PM
After so many years of playing paintball I'm still trying to figure out which is the best. They both have there advantages and disadvantages and I get mixed information about which is best. I personally, have been using a screw in hpa for about 4 years now, but I'm really looking into buying an adjustable...what do you recommend???:confused:

spantol
06-05-2003, 12:49 PM
I haven't seen one yet, but I really like the idea of the Nitro Duck X-Stream. It's an adjustable screw-in tank. Seems like the best of both worlds to me.

JEDI
06-05-2003, 01:02 PM
I like my Flatline adjustable. Even though most guns have a secondary reg, I like being able to use the same tank on different guns. Theres no point pumping 800psi into your gun, if it only needs 300-400 psi. But, like you said, there's pros and cons to each.

jayel579
06-05-2003, 01:43 PM
you can get a screw-in adjustable tank. :D thats what i have, its made by nitro duck.

www.nitroduck.com

Hexis
06-05-2003, 01:47 PM
I greatly prefer a tank that mounts with a dovetail mount (AA Apoc/Geddon, Flatline). I think the mounting is a lot cleaner.

oneshot
06-05-2003, 02:48 PM
what gun you going to use it on?

nitro duck makes great adjustable, normal version , the mega reg, I use them on my markers they are great, and they have there new x-stream, adjustable screw in. but the big question is what gun you are going to use it on.

thegiantc
06-05-2003, 03:04 PM
I have two Nitro Duck X-Stream (68/4500) screw in adjustables. I like them alot. Got them from FreeFlow, paid 199 each. I use them on my Minimags, one has an X-Valve and the other has a stock valve with level 10. I havent had any problems with them yet. Been using one for about 6 months now and just got another. Its nice to have an adjustable for the X-Valve.

Clockwork_Orange
06-05-2003, 03:55 PM
Oneshot,

I use a retro minimag... That new nitro duck x-stream looks good and it's versatility seems even better, I can't call it! Jedi I agree with you on different guns needing a certain amount of psi, so an adjustable does help. Does it get annoying removing an adjustable tank on and off?Upgrade your grey matter 'cause 1 day it may matter!!!

Clockwork_Orange
06-05-2003, 04:02 PM
It seems like my decision is going to come down to screw in adjustable and adjustable...hmmm! Now I have to decide which would be better for me.
Upgrade your grey matter 'cause 1 day it may matter!!!

wobbles82
06-05-2003, 05:43 PM
Is that X-Stream heavy? It kinda looks it, I was thinking bout one, can it be cranked to 900 and how well does it fare in consistancy?