PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else holding Metallica St. Anger yet?

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-05-2003, 02:19 PM
I am :D Picked it up today 5 days early (i think). Walked in to media play and there is was for 11.99

It rocks guys freaking rocks.

nippinout
06-05-2003, 02:38 PM
So does it have cool solos? Something Load/Reload were missing were cool solos. And 7 minute anthems. hehehehehe.

The song St. Anger is really drum heavy. The drums almost drown out the guitar. Maybe it's just the crappy radio.

AllAmericanMag
06-05-2003, 02:39 PM
I've had St. Anger for a few days now :D It is the worst Metallica album to date, but it's not horrible. All the instrumental stuff is cool, lyrics leave a lot to be desired....all in all it's ok.

BobTheCow
06-05-2003, 02:40 PM
This coming from the guy with "Ramstein" in his sig... :rolleyes: :D

AllAmericanMag
06-05-2003, 02:45 PM
That makes no sense.

BobTheCow
06-05-2003, 02:48 PM
yeesh it was just meant to poke fun at ramstein...

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Its not there best, but its better then anything else out there. If you listing to the whole cd like I am, you can't really tell the difference from song to song. Music wise. The CD is really geared to drums and alot of lead guitar. As for lyrics I think they are really great, the way metallica has always been the way I see it.
It reminds me of master or puppets and ride the lighting.

Either way pick it up you want regret.

AllAmericanMag
06-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Yeah, some really great riffs and as always Lars does some exceptional work. And yeah, it's way better than what most bands are putting out these days...

Oh, and the DVD's a nice touch too, haven't finished watching it yet though.

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Whats on the DVD i hadn't watched it yet, anything cool? or just thme recording?

logamus
06-05-2003, 04:48 PM
i heard the song the other day on the radio. not bad, certainly better than the crap they had been putting out. so i went to their website and watched the vid, is it just me or do they want to be puddle of mudd? anyway, i will hold off buying the cd as i reserve my money for bands i think are worth of it. after i hear a few more songs i will decide on buying it. or i might cheese lars and dl the whole thing. ;)

Kai
06-05-2003, 04:54 PM
What the hell is wrong with Rammstein?!!?

I need to pick up St. Anger as soon as I get some cash...damn tournies.

who_311
06-05-2003, 06:40 PM
First off...Rammstien rocks the casbah! Now, i was listening to the new Metallica, and i thought it was REALLY bad. It sounded like they rushed through it and didnt record it at best quality. Trust me, i know my 'tallica. Their albums get catagorized like this, Kill 'em All, ...And Justice For All, Master Of Puppets, Ride The lightning, and the Black Album. Those are the metallica albums that mean anything. The others just sucks the balls. Anyways, you really shouldnt get me goin on any subject involving music. I will just keep goin.

magman007
06-05-2003, 07:06 PM
hahahaha thats great, how funny would it be if every one dled the album, and didnt buy it at all? think lars would be pissed?

Personally, i boycott metalica, and many of my friends do as well, napster wasnt all that great, but it was there, and it was for us, and kept alive by us. Napster totally rocked.

kazaa is ok, buy serriously, i liked napster more....

davidb
06-05-2003, 07:43 PM
LOL! I love how you guys can sit here and trash Metallica's lyrics and then say how cool Rammstein is. Want to know why Rammstein is popular in America (while their CD's simply take up valuable shelf space in Germany)? Because only a select few of us can understand what they're saying! Two words: Sim - Plistic.

That said, I own two Rammstein CD's :D.

I still have yet to hear anything off of St. Anger, but I will most definitely be tuning in to Mandatory Metallica on the way to Magic Mountain today.

AllAmericanMag
06-05-2003, 08:19 PM
http://www.herzeleid.com/images/shared/gallery/till/95.jpg
'nuff said :D

punkncat
06-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Metallica is abolutely , positively in it solely for the money.They care nothing about anything but their own greed.

I will not spend a dime on them in any way shape or form.

ZSigErik
06-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Ok, to the Rammstein "haters", have you even listened to thier songs, from a lyrical stand point. Most of thier songs are based heavily around German literature.

Most find thier songs compelling. I mean, sure, there are a few unskilled lyrical songs, but what band doesnt have those, and its been mostly thier singles that have done this, such as "Du Hast".

I've loved Rammstein for quite some time now, found my interest in them during thier Herzeleid release, and have loved them ever since. Take a look at Sehnsucht, the CD featuring such songs as "Tier" and "Klavier", one of which is about a girl playing piano for her dead boyfriend.

I know that thier is a case AGAINST thier live performance, but people you just proved the very point in thier originality by posting a picture of Till Lindeman with a flamethrower to his crotch. Almost no other band can do, or even have much finacial support, to complete such an act to thier extent.

So, before you begin to say they inspire killings or are just angry germans, saying american lyrics in thier tongue, actually sit down and TRANSLATE. That seems to make the music seem to mean a whole lot more, at least to people like AllAmericanMag and I.

Just my .02 cents...

Jimmi9999
06-06-2003, 05:58 AM
i just heard st. anger on mtv and i didn't even know it was metallica until i looked at the video, thats bad. if the whole album is like that,then it sounds nothing like old metallica like everyone says. it was the worst POS i've ever heard and they shouldn't even keep the name metallica. i stopped listening to them after the black album for a reason. if i saw them in person i would spit on them. they should quit and start over and let metallica die. i haven't listened to the whole album yet but i'll just download it or copy it from a friend instead of buying it.

jdev
06-06-2003, 07:19 AM
wow.

not much else I can say about this album. ive been a metallica fan for a while now, not so much since the napster thing, but I like music, not always the personality behind it.

i havent even finished the first song. had i not heard a voice in this, i would have NEVER thought this to be metallica.

so far, this album sucks. however, there are 10 more tracks that maybe I should give a chance to.. :rolleyes:

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-06-2003, 12:34 PM
You guys are really messed up.
A:Not the best but better then anything else out there.
B:Who cares if they don't like file sharing we are all gonna do it anyway.
C:Of course they are solely in it for money, wouldn't you be? Thats all this world is about is money. If you produced this stuff or wrote it, would you care what people thought of you as a person? No. You wouldn't all you would care about was how much money it put in your pocket, typical American trait. If you say you wouldn't be in it for money, then you my friend are a lier.

jdev
06-06-2003, 01:02 PM
well, i finished listening to this album a few hours ago.

i think i can safely say 2 things, 1) im glad i didnt pay for this. 2) its not remaining a part of my rather large mp3 collection.

krafty
06-06-2003, 02:23 PM
The focus of the new album certainly isn't the music. How else can you explain why the DVD was in the plastic holder and the music CD was in the little crappy cardboard sleeve?

My CD was all scratched to hell the first time I took it out of the holder! Talk about crap...

I listened to the CD once last night and once on my way to work today. That's probably all it's ever gonna get in my CD player. Terrible. Awful. God-awful. Utter drek. I should've listened to the other reviews, but I thought "there's no way this will be worse than ReLoad!" Guess I was wrong. I should've spent the ten bucks on a Britney Spears CD - at least I'd have something nice to look at to go along with the crappy music.

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Well I have came to the conclusion,

IT SUCKS!
I have listined to it sense yesterday I really thought I liked it but the more i listin the more I don't like it.
I guess you guys were rite, I retract all previous statements.

AllAmericanMag
06-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by ZSigErik
Ok, to the Rammstein "haters", have you even listened to thier songs, from a lyrical stand point. Most of thier songs are based heavily around German literature.

Most find thier songs compelling. I mean, sure, there are a few unskilled lyrical songs, but what band doesnt have those, and its been mostly thier singles that have done this, such as "Du Hast".

I've loved Rammstein for quite some time now, found my interest in them during thier Herzeleid release, and have loved them ever since. Take a look at Sehnsucht, the CD featuring such songs as "Tier" and "Klavier", one of which is about a girl playing piano for her dead boyfriend.

I know that thier is a case AGAINST thier live performance, but people you just proved the very point in thier originality by posting a picture of Till Lindeman with a flamethrower to his crotch. Almost no other band can do, or even have much finacial support, to complete such an act to thier extent.

So, before you begin to say they inspire killings or are just angry germans, saying american lyrics in thier tongue, actually sit down and TRANSLATE. That seems to make the music seem to mean a whole lot more, at least to people like AllAmericanMag and I.

Just my .02 cents...

Well said.
Hey, do you know when/if Rammstein's next album is due out?
(Off topic, sorry)

Crighton
06-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Everytime they've put out a new cd recently its made me miss the old metallica more. I need some Kill em all to cleanse my mind of St anger.

Let the Four horsemen ride !

AutomagRT1483
06-06-2003, 10:43 PM
I'll pick mine up on Tuesday, only because I was too lazy this week to search for cds.:)

ZSigErik
06-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Some sad news about RAMMSTEIN to AllAmericanMag, they do not plan on releasing anything anytime this side of the year, meaning wait until next year.

The last release was the Feuer Frei single, and that was a long time ago. They are basically just touring right now, basing thier sets on Mutter to try and popularize the already year three year old cd. They have spent next to no time in the studio too.

Thank you btw, AAM, I just had to say something:D

AllAmericanMag
06-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Dang! That's not cool at all...

But apparently they did release something recently (well, Till and Richard anyway). Check this out, found it this morning...

http://www.herzeleid.com/en/news

AcemanPB
06-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Picked it up today, it's alright. Not the worst, but certainly not the best.