PDA

View Full Version : Angel Speed vs. E/X-Mag??

Frank (the spank)
06-05-2003, 07:50 PM
So.. which would be faster?

Heard about some pivot trigger or something on the Speed that if you run your finger up and down the trigger it fires really fast.

So.. givin' two players that know their gun well, which one would throw paint the fastest?

Fastkid
06-05-2003, 07:59 PM
Both guns outfire the fastest loader in the world.

Who cares?

Cyberious
06-05-2003, 08:10 PM
I'll let you all know. I'm picking up my Speed tomorrow. I bought it as a backup to my X-Mag.

Adam_Angel_Guy
06-05-2003, 08:11 PM
ok the speed fires 30 bps max. thats what the board can do i think the x-mag will do high 20's

PzYcO
06-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Cyberious
I'll let you all know. I'm picking up my Speed tomorrow. I bought it as a backup to my X-Mag.

bastard.

Halo2x
06-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Its all personal preferance.

AzNGuNSmokE
06-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Adam_Angel_Guy
ok the speed fires 30 bps max. thats what the board can do i think the x-mag will do high 20's

Can it do that with no shootdown?

Ov3rmind
06-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by PzYcO

bastard.
OMG, that was hilarious!

WarBUCKs
06-05-2003, 08:37 PM
I have a friend that picked up an Angel Speed the other day and he had the board cranked to its highest setting. note: I don't know how the board works, but he was saying something like that or something about sensitivity ???

Well, on with the story... He was feeding the gun with an Egg and had major problems. First, when firing really really fast he would do a little "Chop-suey" on the 15th or so paintball he shot... (that was during a long string of paint). Of course, I will say this gun was right out of the box. I don't know if that had something to do with it, but after seeing this thing work for the first time, I would never buy one.

Frank (the spank)
06-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Halo2x
Its all personal preferance.

Actually the question is which is faster.. not which one is best.

Anyways.. I wish people actually reviewed guns and benchmarked them. Yeah.. they do them once and awhile.. but not like say... computers, where they compare all the best video cards and benchmark every part of the system. I wish I had hard facts. like the max rate of fire and which one drops off in velocity at Xbps and THEN a full review on what the reviewer though... it'd be nice. If I were rich enough I'd start a website like that. warPig does a good job but they never compare or get to the things like max rate of fire.

But thanks to those that gave their own personal opnion on the subject, keep 'em coming!

Why I ask this? Buddy of mine that i got into paintball a long time ago just got a speed. I told him I just got an e-mag and he said for the price I shoulda got a speed.. blah blah... just wanna know which gun can throw the most paint since that has been a speciality of mags from the begining.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Cyberious, when you come up, your bringing that right, I get to shoot it right? Right??

The JOE
06-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Simple - The person who can move their fingers around faster. Both guns are capable of INSANE rates of fire (friend of mine brought his Speed over for some test runs. Before I turned the velocity down on it, I had the sucker in runaway... craziness)...
Sure the E-Mag's valve probably recharges faster, but tell me - Who here can sustain a rate of fire around 25 bps constant enough to actually achieve shootdown on other guns?

The gun that shoots faster, in this case, is the one out of you who can make it scream...

Carbon
06-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Fastkid u are missing the point. Its not a matter of - "no one can outshoot this marker or that marker" we all know no can out shoot em duh.

What the question really is, which gun has been better engineered. That is, if in a crazy hypothetical world, if a human can pull 31 bps or cps for that matter, which gun can keep up? Further more, for how long? as in sustained rate of fire, and how consistent.

What it boils down to is peopel spending crazy $$$ and the need to justify why. Its No biggie, we all do it. Wether ya realize it or not.

Djmwake5
06-05-2003, 11:36 PM
well, i really dont know which gun is the fastest, but on the "which gun has been better engineered", i think we all know how the mags are notorious for "over engineering":)

JAM
06-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Well, i've actually owned both and for me, the speed is way, way faster than the X. I used the same Halo on both and never had feed problems. With that setup, I never chopped on the X and I haven't chopped with the speed.

I just find it a lot easier to rip out fast strings with the Speed. Plus, on a side note, I got a real bad batch of Marbs and had a ton of barrel breaks with both guns and I found it much easier to clean out the speed with it's rotating breech.

Oh, and for "better engineered" ... well each has their own claim to that.

my .02

Cyberious
06-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ~WarpedRT#2~
Cyberious, when you come up, your bringing that right, I get to shoot it right? Right??

Hadn't planned on it since it is just a back up. There is nothing that can replace the X-Mag.

Cyberious
06-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by PzYcO

bastard.

I am not fish feces!

-=Squid=-
06-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by AzNGuNSmokE

Can it do that with no shootdown?

Shootdown is in the tank you are using my friend.

Frank (the spank)
06-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

Shootdown is in the tank you are using my friend.

Part of it, plus how fast the valve can recharge.

-=Squid=-
06-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Frank (the spank)

Part of it, plus how fast the valve can recharge.

Ahh yes, I forget we are talking about mags.

1stdeadeye
06-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Adam_Angel_Guy

Uhm try CPS! Check out Jack & Cokes thread about CPS. His mag was at 34 CPS without shootdown. Regardless of what the boards can do, nothing I know of out there can fire faster then the R/T with a tank set at 1200 PSI!

Jack & Coke
06-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

Uhm try CPS! Check out Jack & Cokes thread about CPS. His mag was at 34 CPS without shootdown. Regardless of what the boards can do, nothing I know of out there can fire faster then the R/T with a tank set at 1200 PSI!

Yes - I tested and PROVED the RT valve of the MAG can cycle 32+ CPS. The MAG is currently THE FASTEST CYCLING MARKER on the market today (with video and audio proof).

However...

No - I have not yet tested for shootdown. Maybe someday in the future, I will setup a test and document it.

:)

cphilip
06-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Oh... it will do it without shoot down... By design the Angel will shoot down at those rates of fire. Not that it matters and I am certain some of you will protest. But it WILL not shoot balls without shoot down at those rediculous speeds. Not that it needs to but hey...you brought it up! Not me. Fire away!

Jack & Coke
06-06-2003, 07:04 PM
cphilip,

I'm currious, is there research and proof (documentation such as video, test photos, test data, etc.) that the Angel WILL have shoot down at those speeds?

The reason I ask is that, although it is common knowledge (with common evidence) that the MAG can shoot balls 22+ per second, and cycle 32+ per second, I have yet to see PROOF of any Angel shooting or cycling faster than 20 per second.

If we havn't seen any evidence of an Angel shooting 20 balls per second, then how do you know it would have shoot down at 30 bps?

Are there calculations based on the pressures and volume of the Angel lpr and valve?

This is not a challenge, I'm just curious... :)

NOTE: Please don't get me wrong... I'm not saying the Angel can not shoot 20+ bps or cycle 30+ cps. I'm saying I have not yet seen any PROOF (real documention like a video clip, not marketing hype) that it can. If you disagree, please post a link to the test data... thanks!

MagKoko
06-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Chanting

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

End Chanting

sniper1rfa
06-06-2003, 07:41 PM
essentially there is proof. Its the fact that at those speeds, the only real factor in shootdown is the reg.

When tom put an angel on the dyno, he showed that the stock angel reg sucked. :-)

because the input pressure will directly relate to fps, we can assume that there will be some shootdown in an angel at 30 bps. Even if the amount is small, its still there.

we can assume that the RT isnt shooting down, because the LX continues to cycle, and the LX is quite pressure sensitive.

Ityl
06-06-2003, 08:36 PM
It shouldn't be about which gun can fire faster, but which gun can you fire faster. For me it's a tuned Emag trigger. I really like the space frame though too. When it comes to the top end markers, it's all about a person's trigger preference, imo.

The Yellow Dart
06-06-2003, 09:33 PM
bastard.

I hear you czyco. An angel for the back up!?

~WarpedRT#2~
06-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Why would he have an Angel as a primary gun when he has the X-Mag?? It's a real crime to let an X-Mag take the passenger seat.

Did you get it Cyberious??? YOu gotta send pics! I think another collection pic of all the guns you have is in order.

Cyberious
06-07-2003, 12:08 PM
See here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86281

I decided to start a new thread so the test wouldn't be buried way down in the posting.

-=Squid=-
06-07-2003, 12:47 PM
I sure wish tom wasn't so damned good at proving how crappy guns other than mags are... :(

Jack & Coke
06-07-2003, 02:23 PM
It's not about proving: "crappy"

It's about debunking: exagerated marketing hype, bogus unproven claims, and ignorant myths and misconceptions.

:)

hAppy
06-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Cyberious

I HATE YOU! I CANT AFFORD MY MECH MAG!