PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag grips?

Recon by Fire
06-05-2003, 08:03 PM
So Frymark is not making grips and Shartley is not taking new orders right now... Does anybody know where I can find some custom grips for my Xmag? Either woods or "sticky" type, prefer wrap around grips.

Halo2x
06-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Sorry to butt in on your post, but i am also looking for custom grips.

pbguy888
06-05-2003, 09:20 PM
I too want them and made a thread in the dealers forum a while ago with no responce :( Sorry guys

rehme
06-05-2003, 09:24 PM
i would like some too :(

TequilaMockingbird
06-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Who wouldn't? Ain't gonna happen though.

Frank (the spank)
06-05-2003, 11:17 PM
:::sigh:::

Come on AGD... the first mags had grips. I remember the ones that felt like sandpaper, then some rubber ones...

For the love of god... make some Dye copies for the E/X-Mag!!! I am sure you will sell a million of them, and the onmes you don't sell can come standad on E/X-Mags!

I really HATE theses stock grips... theses grips and the front battery makes it like some lame "Ooh I have a mini sub machine gun paintball gun clip thing.. crap..". My AR-15 looks like a firearm.. I want my paintball gun to look like a paintball gun.. not a paintball gun thats trying to be a real gun. this is Airgun Designs, not Tippmann.

sps16
06-05-2003, 11:23 PM
i want some cool grips too for my e-mag :(

The Frymarker
06-06-2003, 05:54 AM
Hey guys in the next few weeks I will be selling my molds and if the person who buys them wants I'll post there name so you guys can resume getting custom grips.

shartley
06-06-2003, 06:08 AM
I will start designing the E-Mag/X-Mag grips very shortly. My grips will not be standard E-Mag grips cast in different colored plastic, but an entirely different design.

So, if the person who purchases Heather’s molds wants to crank them out, folks will have a wider range of choices for replacements. I am sure there will be more than enough replacement grips to go around and more than enough choices to make everyone happy.

Sorry about the delay. I am working on things as fast as I can.

Bolter
06-06-2003, 07:56 AM
can someone drop me an e-mail if they find some grips for sale. I am on a UK team called Storm Uk and we would all probably have a set depending on price.....

adam.bolter@northants.mcs.gsi.gov.uk

ta lads !!!!

sps16
06-06-2003, 12:24 PM
well how hard is it to make grips? if you have the molds?

shartley
06-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by sps16
well how hard is it to make grips? if you have the molds?
Buy Heather's molds and find out. ;)

sps16
06-06-2003, 01:14 PM
oh ok that helps

shartley
06-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by sps16
oh ok that helps
There are many different resins that can be used to make grips. And there are also many different rubber compounds. There are also different dies you can use and mix into these resins and rubbers. The variations in color are almost endless. Then you have to have your work area set up correctly with proper ventilation and such. These rubbers and resins must be mixed and then poured. They must be mixed and poured in such a manner that bubbles are eliminated.

And then if you want to add pictures into the grips…….

And then you have to get the cure times right.

Get my point? It seems simple, and in theory it is. But in actuality it is not as simple as having a mold and pouring some plastic in it. It’s not like making candles or soap. And if it was so easy and cost effective for the average person to just whip up a pair of grips, everyone would be doing it. Again…. it is not.

I hope this better answers your question.

Recon by Fire
06-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Shartley, last thing I saw you post was that you are not taking new orders. Please send me a message when you are taking orders! Or do you have any E/X-Mag grips that are available for sale now?

shartley
06-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Recon by Fire
Shartley, last thing I saw you post was that you are not taking new orders. Please send me a message when you are taking orders! Or do you have any E/X-Mag grips that are available for sale now?
I am not taking on any new custom wooden grip orders until I clear the ones I currently have to do. I have 5 more sets of grips to carve and send off to their new owners.

When THAT is done, I will be working on the plastic and rubber grips, of which the X-Mag is the first one I will be designing and producing. And as soon as I have some for sale, I will let all of AO know in the Dealer’s Forum. I also have at least one set of X-Mag grips to make that WILL be wood though. It is a special project.

I hope that better clears up what I meant by me not taking any new orders at this time. And it does not affect any of my other products that I have for sale. And they are still going out to dealers and shops on a regular basis.

1stdeadeye
06-06-2003, 07:30 PM
I got some cool X-Mag grips from Load SM5 last year. Clear plastic with a sharpshooter emblem.

Now all I want are some wrap around X-Mag grips ala stickies!!!!!!!!!

Bolter
06-09-2003, 07:49 AM
yeah me too. They sound great. There are 28 people on our p'ball team, with probably 12 (ish) members with X-mags or E-mags. We would be interested in any wrap-around/stickie type grips. :D

Tunaman
06-09-2003, 07:59 AM
and dont forget...Thin is the Key to Emag grips. If the get any fatter, they will be like holding a BooYaa!:D

shartley
06-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
and dont forget...Thin is the Key to Emag grips. If the get any fatter, they will be like holding a BooYaa!:D
This is VERY true. I plan on making where your hands and fingers actually touch the grips as thin as possible without losing the grip integrity, and then work design aspects around that. We don’t need to have folks need BOTH hands to wrap around their grips… ;)

minimag187
06-09-2003, 08:30 AM
I agree tuna....used to have a booyahh.

Bolter
06-09-2003, 08:40 AM
Could I have an e-mail address for you please so I can get in touch when you are able to do some grips?

Bolter
06-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Doh I just found out how to do this!! What a techno gimp I am.......