PDA

View Full Version : Okay maybe I'm a wimp...I can't get the feed neck off the ULE body!

aaron_mag
06-06-2003, 12:35 AM
Any advise on how to get the ULE feedneck off the body (without scratching it with pliers)? Thanks.

Jonno06
06-06-2003, 12:41 AM
wrap a rag or something around it, then use pliars:)

(wimp:p )

BlackVCG
06-06-2003, 01:28 AM
Get one of those grip wrenches or a simple strap wrench from a hardware store.

Top Secret
06-06-2003, 01:58 AM
Definatly go with the strap wrench. Even with cloth wrapped around it, a metal wrench will still scratch your anno.

chronic john
06-06-2003, 07:42 AM
try boiling some water first then turn the water off and put the feedneck under the water for 2 minutes then use the strap wrench to remove it ...

wyn1370
06-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Put a spacer in your hoper neck, put it as far in the feed tube as you can get it and start turning it till it loosens up. (NOTE: this is how mine came loose, when I didn't want it to)

dogEmedic
06-06-2003, 08:05 AM
Go with the strap wrench, by far the safest way to go. I had to do that to mine.

Once I got it off I coulda swore it had lok-tite on it.

cphilip
06-06-2003, 08:22 AM
Removed my stupid mistaken answer to avoid misinformation...cause people do not always read EVERYTHING! :) See my follow up.

aaron_mag
06-06-2003, 09:06 AM
I'll go with the strap wrench. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who had this trouble. Looks like I'll have to loctite my new feed tube in when I get.

cphilip
06-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Dooh! LOL...Sorry aaron!!! I am in a fog of antihistamines this morning. I was thinking X Mag feed necks when I was replying!!! :eek: How embarrasing... :(

Yea but I do think they might have lock tighted some but I have not tried to take mine off yet so I should not even have commented above what has been said. Had I been thinking clearly I would not have. If there is some locktight then heat would be the trick...

chronic john
06-06-2003, 09:24 AM
hot water does remove loctite no matter what type it is ...

JadedT
06-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Just to confirm, there is red loctite on the feedtube threads. My HaloB wasn't sanded down enough and I was in a rush to leave the pball fields in a downpour of rain so I just ended up unscrewing the feedneck using my HaloB as a torquing device... yes, it is that tight in there, LOL.

aaron_mag
06-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Dooh! LOL...Sorry aaron!!! I am in a fog of antihistamines this morning. I was thinking X Mag feed necks when I was replying!!! :eek: How embarrasing... :(

Yea but I do think they might have lock tighted some but I have not tried to take mine off yet so I should not even have commented above what has been said. Had I been thinking clearly I would not have. If there is some locktight then heat would be the trick...

Cool. For a second I thought Tom had lost his mind!!! I hadn't seen a post about not taking off the feed neck but I was thinking "why did I buy this if I can't customize it?":D

cphilip
06-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Mea Culpa Compadre... :D But I make no claim to Toms state of lucidity either way! :eek: :)

-=Squid=-
06-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by JadedT
Just to confirm, there is red loctite on the feedtube threads. My HaloB wasn't sanded down enough and I was in a rush to leave the pball fields in a downpour of rain so I just ended up unscrewing the feedneck using my HaloB as a torquing device... yes, it is that tight in there, LOL.

I feel ya, its like that with my imp and halo man.

dogEmedic
06-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Just to add a stupid question, but why would they loc-tite the feed tube on?

Just pulled out my purple ule and it did'nt have loc-tite.

very strange :D

cphilip
06-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Well not sure they did realy but a few thought the saw some type of thead lock compound on there. Not every one has reported that. But no one is around at AGD right now for me to ask and confirm a practice on these.

Evil Bob
06-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Tom stated in an earlier ULE feed neck thread that they did use locktite to secure the neck to the body. I was in the first batch of ULE bodies that came out, mine did not have appear to have any locktite in it, it also unthreaded when I tried to twist my halo off :) I have since put in a drop of red locktite on the threads and it is secure enough for my hopper.

-Evil Bob

1stdeadeye
06-06-2003, 06:50 PM
AM=Wimp!!!!!:eek:

;) :p

aaron_mag
06-06-2003, 07:10 PM
I knew you would eventually find this and have to make a smart remark. Better watch out I do Karen Voight pilates every other month! (Once a month like clockwork). I even wear a pink spandex aerobic outfit while doing it so who is the wimp now!!!:D

1stdeadeye
06-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
I knew you would eventually find this and have to make a smart remark. Better watch out I do Karen Voight pilates every other month! (Once a month like clockwork). I even wear a pink spandex aerobic outfit while doing it so who is the wimp now!!!:D

Aw come on! You can't open a door that size and NOT expect me to walk through it!:D

What I am really waiting for is when you cheese off the wife so much that she posts the pilates pictures for all of AO to...um..."appreciate"!;)

aaron_mag
06-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

Aw come on! You can't open a door that size and NOT expect me to walk through it!:D

What I am really waiting for is when you cheese off the wife so much that she posts the pilates pictures for all of AO to...um..."appreciate"!;)

And let me tell you the appreciate in quotes is appropriate! Those exercises must not be made for the male body. Either that or I am horribly out of shape compared to the wife. Probably both true! No wonder I don't do them that often!;)

paint magnet
06-06-2003, 07:29 PM
Red loc tite will NOT come off. Ever. I made that mistake with my old cocker... I heated the thing up until my freakin lighter ran out then got a candle and I still couldn't get it off even with a pair of pliers, a pickle jar gripper and a pipe wrench (I was trying to get the 3 way off)

But my Angel feed neck is in there really tight, and I can't unscrew it. I thought it had been loctited too but I tried putting a HALO in there and it came right off when I twisted it.