PDA

View Full Version : ULE body + Cocker barrel = Oring

afrankart
06-06-2003, 03:03 PM
I finally got my Dye Ultralite barrel to go with my ULE body. I was shooting a few paintballs in the backyard, and after a while, I noticed the barrel came unthreaded a very little. Do I need to get an o-ring to put behind the threads on the barrel, or do I just have to snug it up every few hoppers worth of shots? Thanks for the help.

NJsyndicate
06-06-2003, 03:27 PM
My micro does this too, I guess cocker threads have a tendency for this. I just got o-rings for my barrels (I forget the exact size at the moment, but I'm sure if you go to your local shop they can help you out) and this solves the problem.

Top Secret
06-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Just tighten that sucker on there. Shouldn't need an o-ring. Give it an extra twist.

dmonahan
06-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Just use a bottle o-ring. Someone always has a few on hand.

circus5
06-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the fun world of threaded barrels. The vibration of the gun shooting causes the barrel to unthread, micro users have been dealing with this for years. An Oring can help, but can also be difficult to remove, and sometimes the barrel will get stuck. Try a little teflon tape. I know it sounds weird, but sealing the threads will help hold them in place.

Ov3rmind
06-06-2003, 04:31 PM
My Cocker doesn't do this with it's barrel.:confused:

cphilip
06-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Well my ULE has not done this... nor my X mag but it does happen. I do realy give em an extra twist. But this has always happened on some Cockers and on any other threaded barrel for that mater. Some more than others I realise. Some of that has to do with the barrels theads and how tightly they match to the Bodies threads. It's an inherent phenominon of the threaded system with no real standardization of the barrels and bodies. It's managable. Its going to depend on that particular body and barrel match up wether it happens or not.

pito189
06-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Mine has never done this. Even in tournament play.

A tank o-ring could never hurt though, and it won't get the barrel stuck.

Or... you could quit being a wussy and crank that thing on there ;)

Evil Bob
06-06-2003, 04:55 PM
I use a tank o-ring and a drop of kermode oil, enough friction to keep the barrel seated and enough slick to remove it without too much effort.

-Evil Bob

jaylock33
06-06-2003, 05:19 PM
I use an o ring on both barrels that I connect to my ule I got ride of the little bit of wobble that I had and kept the barrel nice and snug.

RoadDawg
06-06-2003, 06:25 PM
I know my spyder (way back when) used to do this. I never thought about putting anything on it so I'd just retighten it. My Micro did the samething. Haven't had a problem like that with my ULE yet though.