PDA

View Full Version : Boltless markers?

Timex
08-19-2001, 04:28 PM
ok, i spend my free-time reading all the posts i can on here, i dont contribue much cause, well, i didnt know that much, he he he, i put the hopper on, i gas 'er up and i pull the trigger, well, ive learned a whole lot since ive been reading the posts, im getting off topic here, which guns are boltless? how do they work? do you guys have any links to sites about them, or pictures even? im very interested as to how this would work.

DarkPhoenix
08-19-2001, 04:43 PM
Well, I think this topic is more of a main forum type of topic but ok. Epic makes a line of boltless markers which I believe they call ICE. Then there was the Nova and Supernova, the company which made them decided not to continue production or something . The Mayhem, by ACI, looks like the Nova. The Mayhem is electropneumatic in operation though I am unsure as to whether or not there is a bolt. I am unsure if there are any other markers out there which are boltless, perhaps you might have some more luck with the other guys in the forum.

------------------
RT Pro P/F
w/ AGD Flatline

manike
08-19-2001, 04:58 PM
Hey Dark Pheonix, I think you will find that ICEpaintball (company) makes the Epic (gun)... http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

The nova guns are the only others I know of without bolts.

The Mayhem definitely has a bolt.

To be honest I think boltless guns are a gimmick. I think in most cases the advantages of a bolt are much higher when it comes to the design of a gun.

manike

Cha0tic
08-19-2001, 04:58 PM
i thought the nova had a bolt? oh well.

the epic is a gun made by icepaintball. it has no bolt. instead, it has a trap door that opens when you pull the trigger. there is only air shooting the ball, no bolt. it is impossible to chop it because it has no bolt. it is limited in its rate of fire and it costs about 800$

AngelBoy
11-03-2001, 09:36 PM
The epic is pretty nice. Impossible to chop. Most people complain about the ROF, but u just have to get a trigger job, and if u r still not satisfied they r coming out with an electro version sometime.

Temo Vryce
11-04-2001, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't say that the epic doesn't chop balls. If you research the marker and look at how it works it can chop balls.

Ok I'm going to try and explain this as best as I can. If I confuse you look up the webpage.

Take a stock bodt for any marker I'm trying to be very general here. Now remove the bolt. Once that is removed replace it with a sliding door the will close the breech where the PF or feed tube is located. Now hit the ball with a blast of air. This Breech door that they use can chop balls just like any bolt out there.

I realise that this is going to cinfuse some of you so I suggest that you find the web site and let them explain it to you.